Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Eurobasket preparation period - games and news

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    No,way its only preparation game, I still think we are seriously weakened with Jokic and Bjelica being out, and it will be shown at Eurobasket unfortunately. I am really pessimistic about our chances winning the medal.
    I think Serbia and Spain are comfortable favourites.

I wrote a month ago that Serbia is the main favorite for gold in Istanbul. Bogdan and Teo are the best duo in Europe in this moment. Spain and France main players are too old or absent

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    We can't shoot but what else is new. Played with no iq as well. Marjanovic is in the game and we're trying post ups. Sloukas had Marjanovic "switch" on him and he went for the drive. What the hell.

Serbia shot stupidly well, they finished a bunch of and ones and went 10/13 from 3. It was a freak performance for them too.
    Serbia is more talented, deeper and in general a superior team. No doubt in my mind they'll sweep everyone until at least the semis.

We are ridiculously bad in C position and as usual we throw one brick after another. And we'll desperately need to make the open shots that we'll be getting when Giannis is on the court.

That said, good thing it's still on us to avoid Serbia I the quarters by topping the group. Unless these guys want to suffer a similar defeat within a month. And one more, that they'll have to stop pointing out how badly they are going to fail if they don't get a medal. It's very likely however that they realised that today.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    I wrote a month ago that Serbia is the main favorite for gold in Istanbul. Bogdan and Teo are the best duo in Europe in this moment. Spain and France main players are too old or absent
    2015, people blaming that Gasol was old softy player. Then the championship came and boom! MVP by far.
    Dont judge the players for his date of birth.
    Sergio's power!!!

If Spain and Serbia will win their own groups, they could play against each other only in final for the gold,right?

where i can see serbia vs greece?is there something on youtube?

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Serbia is more talented, deeper and in general a superior team. No doubt in my mind they'll sweep everyone until at least the semis.

We are ridiculously bad in C position and as usual we throw one brick after another. And we'll desperately need to make the open shots that we'll be getting when Giannis is on the court.

That said, good thing it's still on us to avoid Serbia I the quarters by topping the group. Unless these guys want to suffer a similar defeat within a month. And one more, that they'll have to stop pointing out how badly they are going to fail if they don't get a medal. It's very likely however that they realised that today.
    I'm not worried, we have a great coach. He will come up with systems on offense, eventually. Maybe not this year, maybe not the next, but he will!

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    If Spain and Serbia will win their own groups, they could play against each other only in final for the gold,right?

where i can see serbia vs greece?is there something on youtube?
    Yes, if they both win their groups they can only meet in the final (or bronze medal game). I think this is the dream scenario, though Spain has a bad habit of dropping a few group stage matches. Wouldn't shock me if it happened again.
    SVG Detroit Pistons: WE'RE FORMING AN F'N WALL!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Glad to see that Lucic and Milosavljevic are in good shape. Marjanovic is also important after Jokic absence.

PF is position that worries me. Macvan and Bircevic are holes in defence. I hope Kalinic will play a lot minutes on PF.

Serbia is playing under the same coach for the last 7 years. They are a well oiled team and know how to function together. Greece on the other hand is just starting over. They will never reach maximum potential. This is why the qualification phase for the next FIBA world championship works in Greece's favor. Since they will have the time to glue. That said, our C position is indeed weak as it has been since 2008. And also, this roster does not even come close to the one of 2015. Having some players like Agravanis, Thanassis, Papapetrou, Papagiannis instead of Spanoulis, Zisis, Koufos, Perperoglou is not an upgrade. Perperoglou is a big miss, since he was a good shooter. They should have selected him instead of Thanassis. At this moment at least he is still more useful and more experienced.

The main upside is that Pappas seems to be in good form and Giannis Antetokoumpo has become far better than last year.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Djordjevic took over the Serbian NT in 2014, so no we haven't been playing with the same coach for 7 years.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Quote Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    Serbia is playing under the same coach for the last 7 years. They are a well oiled team and know how to function together. Greece on the other hand is just starting over. They will never reach maximum potential. This is why the qualification phase for the next FIBA world championship works in Greece's favor. Since they will have the time to glue. That said, our C position is indeed weak as it has been since 2008. And also, this roster does not even come close to the one of 2015. Having some players like Agravanis, Thanassis, Papapetrou, Papagiannis instead of Spanoulis, Zisis, Koufos, Perperoglou is not an upgrade. Perperoglou is a big miss, since he was a good shooter. They should have selected him instead of Thanassis. At this moment at least he is still more useful and more experienced.

The main upside is that Pappas seems to be in good form and Giannis Antetokoumpo has become far better than last year.
    Spanoulis and Zisis aren't replaced by Thanasis and Agravanis but by Pappas. And in terms of usage by Calathes as well.

Since there's a good chance Antetokounmpo won't play in the eurobasket, we should at least try not to embarass ourselves and include some players that can shoot among the 5 on the floor.
    But that would make the federation unhappy so...

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    Croatia has beaten Slovenia. Vidmar missed 2 layups for overtime. Doncic looked incredible.
    Dragic, tragic at the moment.
    This worries me a bit. We won all 3 preps against topen level teams. It's good, but did we reached peak to early?
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    I'm not worried, we have a great coach. He will come up with systems on offense, eventually. Maybe not this year, maybe not the next, but he will!
    That's someone's else fault
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Spanoulis and Zisis aren't replaced by Thanasis and Agravanis but by Pappas. And in terms of usage by Calathes as well.

Since there's a good chance Antetokounmpo won't play in the eurobasket, we should at least try not to embarass ourselves and include some players that can shoot among the 5 on the floor.
    I was comparing the newcomers with the older squads. Not the positions. Somehow the Greek media thinks this Greek NT has one of the best rosters. This isn't the case, as even the roster two years ago was actually better. However, it is a group of players with a lot of potential. Their greatest disadvantage is that they don't have time to become a team, unlike Serbia who are together for some 7 years now. There has to be more continuity in the Greek NT. In such tournaments medal candidates generally have good chemistry above all.

As for the match yesterday, I actually like the fact that Greece was so far behind in the first half. A good reaction in the second half would have helped the team gain some character. They should have embraced the opportunity. Instead, they didn't come out focused once again.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Quote Originally Posted by pohani komarac View Post
    This worries me a bit. We won all 3 preps against topen level teams. It's good, but did we reached peak to early?
    I'm not sure that Slovenia is top level team, but if we take in account that Randolph and Cancar didn't play, Slovenia showed pretty decent game. Croatia is all about Saric and Bogdanovic, but I think you're pretty weak under the rim, like Slovenia, but that will show in Eurobasket against better teams. I think you will miss Bilan very much.
    previously known as Beno

There is no stats in FIBA site for Croatia-Slovenia and Serbia-Greece. Any help?

Quote Originally Posted by LDK View Post
    There is no stats in FIBA site for Croatia-Slovenia and Serbia-Greece. Any help?
    http://www.kzs.si/index.php?id=114&game_id=3774299&league_id=undefin ed&season_id=97039#mbt:33-400$t&0=1
    previously known as Beno

Quote Originally Posted by LDK View Post
    Serbia - Greece
    http://138.201.225.132/kls-live/live.php?id=ser_gre

Since there's a good chance Antetokounmpo won't play in the eurobasket, .
    what is this now?
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

That's someone's else fault
    PAO's fault of course.

I believe the problem is that we are not letting Spanoulis pick the team anymore.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast