• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Out for Eurobasket
    This is some next level shit
    Winner of the Eurobasket 2011 IBN Prediction Game

Comment

Latvia-Finland
      Latvia without J.Strelnieks, Dairis Bertans, Davis Bertans, J.Blums, J.Timma, K.Porzingis
      Finland without P.Koponen and L.Markkanen
      28.07 played behind closed doors for 4 quarters each beginning with 0:0
      (19:20, 18:12, 26:20, 24:15)
      Latvia
      A.Skele 8 (5 As), Z.Peiners 9 (6 Reb), O.Silins 8 (5 Reb), R.Smits 16 (4 As), M.Meiers 16, D.Lejasmeiers 4 As, A.Ausejs 5, J.Berzins 6 (6 Reb), A.Grazulis 8, I.Gromovs 11 (6 Reb)
      Finland
      G.Lee - 17, T.Kotti - 16

29.07 first official preparation game
      Finland – Latvia 81:85 (16:24, 13:16, 26:19, 26:26)
      Latvia
      Skele 16 (5 As), Peiners 16, Janicenoks 8, Meiers 8 (8 Reb), Smits 7, Silins 12, Grazulis 9, Ausejs 6, Lejasmeiers 3, Gromovs, Berzins

Comment

Originally posted by Italian Pride View Post
        Out for Eurobasket
        Yeh injured thumb. Don't punch if you cannot squeeze your fist properly.
        Lithuania

Olympic Games: Bronze 1992-1996-2000.
        FIBA World Championship : Bronze 2010.
        FIBA EuroBasket : Gold 1937-1939-2003. Silver 1995-2013-2015. Bronze 2007.

Comment

Probably not the right thread, but i need to ask ... Does anybody know if there will be a fantasy for Eurobasket?

Comment

So I think this is the lightest I have seen Raduljica since the Partizan days That's good news.

20449014_1409285765815956_1980250818404207359_o.jpg

Comment

Russia - Finland 91:75
              Russia: Fridzon 18, Shved 16, Vorontsevich 13 (12 reb.), Kurbanov 12
              Finland: Salin 23, Markkanen 17 (9 reb.), Nuutinen 12

Georgia- Latvia 73:69
              Georgia: Shermadini 20 (13 reb.), Shengelia 14, Tsintsadze 12
              Latvia: Dairis Bertans 23, Janičenoks 11, Meiers 8

Lithuania- Poland 59:58
              Lithuania: Valančiūnas 14 (13 reb.), Gudaitis 11, Bendžius 9
              Poland: Kulig 14, Ponitka 12, Slaughter 10

Slovenia- Hungary 84:64
              Slovenia: Dončič 18 (9 reb.), Vidmar 13, Prepelič 10
              Hungary: Vojvoda 15, Wittman, Allen 13

Comment

Here is a preps game list in official site http://www.fiba.com/eurobasket/2017/preparation-games , including some stats

In previous years there were missing games/stats, but since this year I'm not planing to create a thread with all the games and detailed stats, like I did in 2015 and 2016, I have no idea how accurate this official schedule is

Comment

Doncic 3 times in a row the best scorer of Slovenia, but I have to say Slovenia doesn't look to good. The game is too slow for Dragic to make some bigger impact and it doesn't look very likely that can change with this roster.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                    Doncic 3 times in a row the best scorer of Slovenia, but I have to say Slovenia doesn't look to good. The game is too slow for Dragic to make some bigger impact and it doesn't look very likely that can change with this roster.
                    That's what you get with Kokoshkov. He is a half-court offense guy all his life and a lot of tough/neck breaking defense. I don't think you have enough talent to be defensively a monster and most of your offensive talent will be slowed down by Kokoshkov's scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                      That's what you get with Kokoshkov. He is a half-court offense guy all his life and a lot of tough/neck breaking defense. I don't think you have enough talent to be defensively a monster and most of your offensive talent will be slowed down by Kokoshkov's scheme.
                      I'm afraid you're right.
                      previously known as Beno

Comment

Kokoshkov? OK, the guy has NBA experience and I guess is rather solid coach, knowing how well Georgia looked in the same EB 2015, but I'm pretty sure Dragic will play the way he will feel comfortable... He will take the ball in his hands will make decisions. When you have 20ppg white Euro NBA player, the only white (and non-white since Parker's decline...) Euro guard who can do that in current era (unfortunately Petrovic, Marciulionis type of beast guards is extinct breed generally), you don't say what he must do on the court, specially when he is 31yo veteran. You show some frame of the system and let him play. Knowing how he messed around in some previous tournaments, Kokoshkov won't squeeze him into tiny frame Maybe he could still deal this way with Doncic, but not Dragic. When official game will start, Dragic will do what he will find right thing to do.
                        Slovenia may have the best backourt duet in Eurobasket, competing with with Teo/Bogdanovic, Lull/Rodriquez. It will be fun to watch those playing together.
                        Last edited by Straight forward; 08-07-2017, 04:19 PM.
                        LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                        Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                        Buzelis, Lelevicius
                        Murauskas, Sirvydis
                        Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                          Kokoshkov? OK, the guy has NBA experience and I guess is rather solid coach, knowing how well Georgia looked in the same EB 2015, but I'm pretty sure Dragic will play the way he will feel comfortable... He will take the ball in his hands will make decisions. When you have 20ppg white Euro NBA player, the only white (and non-white since Parker's decline...) Euro guard who can do that in current era (unfortunately Petrovic, Marciulionis type of beast guards is extinct breed generally), you don't say what he must do on the court, specially when he is 31yo veteran. You show some frame of the system and let him play. Knowing how he messed around in some previous tournaments, Kokoshkov won't squeeze him into tiny frame Maybe he could still deal this way with Doncic, but not Dragic. When official game will start, Dragic will do what he will find right thing to do.
                          Slovenia may have the best backourt duet in Eurobasket, competing with with Teo/Bogdanovic, Lull/Rodriquez. It will be fun to watch those playing together.
                          Bear in mind, this is a guy from Utah, the no star system, spread the ball and beat the shit out of the opponents on defense I am not saying he will be bad for his team, just that Slovenia will not play an open style run and gun game that is more suited to their current talents. It will be more half-court based and slower pace. Of course Luka and Dragic will have a lot of freedom there but once you practice the sets and playbook you can't suddenly go streetball Not because of the coach, that is just one small issue. You will have problems with the teammates.

Comment

Greece - Romania 106-48 for a preparation game.

Calathes 9, Sloukas 9, Pappas 14, Bourousis 8, Papagiannis 8, Printezis 11, Papanikolaou 17, T.Antetokounmpo 9, Mantzaris 6, Papapetrou 12, Agravanis 3, Bogris

Mitoglou, Larentzakis and obviously G.Antetokounmpo didn't play.

Great Britain - Ukraine 86-64 for the other game of the tournament previously.
                            Last edited by R1ou; 08-07-2017, 09:50 PM.
                            1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

A very good start GB last night. They usually have awful results in prep games, so this was very pleasing. They look like they will run a 3 guard combo. They finally have decent guards who can score of the dribble in the paint. Another good performance tonight against Greece, would really build confidence. Cautiously optimistic!

Notable absenteesfrom last night

Ben Gordon - (due to meet up soon, but who knows!)
                              Andrew Lawrence (should play tonight)
                              Luke Nelson (should play tonight)
                              Ovie Soko (still to join camp,I think)

One to watch - Carl Wheatle. 19 year old, Small forward. Was selected from the promotion winning U20's. Could make the cut as one of our best sf, Myles Hesson, is struggling to recover from injury.
                              CHECK OUT THE LATEST TEAM GB & BRITISH BASKETBALL NEWS @ http://www.gameongb.com

Comment

Croatia get the victory over France, 87-92 against the home side.

Greece - Great Britain 92-64 (I'll update the boxscore later) and Ukraine-Romania 91-57 previously.

Calathes 2, Bourousis 8, Papagiannis 9, Sloukas 9, Printezis 12, Pappas 12, Mantzaris 3, Agravanis 10, Mitoglou 6, Papapetrou 9, T. Antetokounmpo 4, Papanikolaou 8.
                                Last edited by R1ou; 08-08-2017, 09:08 PM.
                                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information