Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Eurobasket preparation period - games and news

Quote Originally Posted by Picek View Post
    what is this now?
    He's missed 3 out of 4 friendlies as a precaution and he's also missing the next two because he's going to China where he's guesting at some event.

I may be overthinking this but it doesn't really seem like the plan is for him to play.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    I believe the problem is that we are not letting Spanoulis pick the team anymore.
    The bigger problem is that we're allowing the most useless player to ever tarnish the sport to get minutes in a game.

Good luck to whomever posts up and gets 2 or 3 people on him because Calathes is sitting pretty behind the arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    He's missed 3 out of 4 friendlies as a precaution and he's also missing the next two because he's going to China where he's guesting at some event.

I may be overthinking this but it doesn't really seem like the plan is for him to play.
    He will play otherwise he would be in Milwaukee improving his jumper at the moment.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    He will play otherwise he would be in Milwaukee improving his jumper at the moment.
    That would be bad PR though. And in the best case scenario where he does play in the eurobasket, he does it after having played what 3 or 4 friendlies with the rest of the team?
    That can't be enough when he's going to have to be the focal point in offence.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Bob View Post
    I'm not sure that Slovenia is top level team, but if we take in account that Randolph and Cancar didn't play, Slovenia showed pretty decent game. Croatia is all about Saric and Bogdanovic, but I think you're pretty weak under the rim, like Slovenia, but that will show in Eurobasket against better teams. I think you will miss Bilan very much.
    I'd prefer Žižić instead of Bilan for Croatia. And obviously Babić instead of Ramljak, Mulaomerović instead of Krušlin, but that's just me
    I have to add I'd prefer just about anyone mentioned in this whole thread instead of Saša Zagorac for Slovenia though... including Spanoulis playing PF.

Dončič was just sick. But no matter the perimeter, our post-up game is basicaly none and it will be hard to cover up that and find some balance offensively... let alone compete at def rebounding when things will get real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

That would be bad PR though. And in the best case scenario where he does play in the eurobasket, he does it after having played what 3 or 4 friendlies with the rest of the team?
    That can't be enough when he's going to have to be the focal point in offence.
    Unless we prove to be way worse than expected, Giannis will only be needed for the games against France and Slovenia. The rest are tricky but individual talent alone should be enough to take them down and win the group. That way we'll get to avoid playing Serbia and co early in the tournament. And that can do wonders for the final placement.
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

So I'm reading that Nedovic confirmed he's missing the tournament. Bad for him and Serbia.

Also an interesting fact, that's gonna be the 7th Eurobasket tournament in a row where Greece and Slovenia will face each other
    1997 - 2012 - 2013

This Serbian livescore wasn't the most reliable as far as I remember. I mean not all players there were or some names were mixed. This time I don't see Marjanovic, even tho I read that he played...

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    This Serbian livescore wasn't the most reliable as far as I remember. I mean not all players there were or some names were mixed. This time I don't see Marjanovic, even tho I read that he played...
    yes, Marjanović played.
    they played with all 13 players, it could be so that the livescore only has room for 12 players.
    he scored 11 points.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

yes, Marjanović played.
    they played with all 13 players, it could be so that the livescore only has room for 12 players.
    he scored 11 points.
    Ok, thnx for clarifyin' it. Now I see that team's points and index ranking doesn't match with those 12 players listed. So indeed Bobi had 11pts and 15rkg. That's important, cause I'm preparing a team for EB manager in one local site

The bigger problem is that we're allowing the most useless player to ever tarnish the sport to get minutes in a game.

Good luck to whomever posts up and gets 2 or 3 people on him because Calathes is sitting pretty behind the arc.
    It is obvious that the problem is PAO players. Since the NT started playing with a red core, we lost count of the medals.

Quote Originally Posted by KWSN-Men View Post
    Since the NT started playing with a red core, we lost count of the medals.
    Which is never because the leadership of Calathes is something we can't afford to miss.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindozas View Post
    Ok, thnx for clarifyin' it. Now I see that team's points and index ranking doesn't match with those 12 players listed. So indeed Bobi had 11pts and 15rkg. That's important, cause I'm preparing a team for EB manager in one local site
    take one of the montenegrin bigs, they will have a blast.
    Vučević and Dubljević look impressive.
    Tanjević even played them together, quite a lot actually.

Which is never because the leadership of Calathes is something we can't afford to miss.
    With a red core, the NT has been counting more "NOTHING"s than Oly. Leader of those teams has been Spanoulis, dictating who will play and how he will play. Katsikaris glorious system with Spanoulis dribbling the guts out of the ball and throwing it to Gianni's in the corner for a 3 with 3 seconds left. Amazing. But it was Calathes' fault again, I know.

it is almost unbelievable how well Kalnietis plays for NT and how shitty he is most of his time playing club basketball.
    Kuzminskas is a best Lithuanian player at the moment. really impressive all rounder.

it is almost unbelievable how well Kalnietis plays for NT and how shitty he is most of his time playing club basketball.
    Kuzminskas is a best Lithuanian player at the moment. really impressive all rounder.
    Yeah, I call him radical NT overachiever

The flick from the future...

Slovenia has lost in Israel. Doncic another great game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHhS1X2X...jpg&name=large
    previously known as Beno

A good sold out game in Riga tomorrow between Latvia and Lithuania. Luckily Kambala retired already! The news is that there is no single ticket for 2 weeks now and Porzingis was powerless to do anything when his Knicks fellow Kuzminskas asked few of those for his family members Our reporters saying agiotage about this game is up to an official EB game in Latvia. Should be nice atmosphere.

The flick from the future...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345