Thread: Cedi Osman Thread

Default Cedi Osman Thread

Osman is locked up by Cavs, 3 years deal for $8.5 million. It is better if we set our expectations not so high on him. I will be surprised if he makes a notable impact there in the long run under current conditions. However, the truth is that I really like his work ethics, he is a very hardworking guy and he clawed his way to the top, he is deserving respect from this approach. His career is going on the right path, it is so far so good. He has made important jumps up to now in Turkey, hopefully he doesn't stop working up his game. One more step forward and you are there as a decent NBA player Osman.

I don't know much about him and haven't really watched much of him. But I did watch him in the playoffs against Olympiakos and he was horrible. In Cleveland he will get a ton of open looks from beyond the arc, if he shoots like he did in that series he will never get on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    I don't know much about him and haven't really watched much of him. But I did watch him in the playoffs against Olympiakos and he was horrible. In Cleveland he will get a ton of open looks from beyond the arc, if he shoots like he did in that series he will never get on the court.
    He is already not a good shooter indeed, but not that bad as you watched him against Olympiacos. He can get into high-tempo game and excel on defense. Those two specialties will be the expectations that will assign him there.

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    He is already not a good shooter indeed, but not that bad as you watched him against Olympiacos. He can get into high-tempo game and excel on defense. Those two specialties will be the expectations that will assign him there.
    Then the contract makes a lot of sense for Cleveland and can even end up being a bargain. Wings who can defend are Cleveland's primary needs.

For me, the closest comparison for Cedi is Cory Brewer. They are both good defenders, good up tempo players who have troube with shooting. Cedi can still improve and Cavs is a good place for him

Quote Originally Posted by usagre View Post
    Then the contract makes a lot of sense for Cleveland and can even end up being a bargain. Wings who can defend are Cleveland's primary needs.
    With one small difference that he was a good defender in EL (not elite though). That usually doesn't really translate that well to NBA. I love the kid, I think his heart is pure and he is all about basketball and not some other bullshit. Whether the Cavs are a great fit for him, I doubt that especially if they go to make him a 3&D guy.

I would've loved him in Portland for example or such team. In that tempo of the game and scheme, he would've shown much more.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    ...I love the kid, I think his heart is pure and he is all about basketball and not some other bullshit. Whether the Cavs are a great fit for him, I doubt that especially if they go to make him a 3&D guy.
    this is exactly how I feel about Cedi. Great kid, but I've not seen him overcome his flaws over the years, like being assertive with the ball or finishing at the rim.
    draftexpress's 2015 scouting report on him was misleadingly too positive, imho, and I hope he's not signed based on footage or similar info.
    I really wish he ends up surprising us.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    this is exactly how I feel about Cedi. Great kid, but I've not seen him overcome his flaws over the years, like being assertive with the ball or finishing at the rim.
    draftexpress's 2015 scouting report on him was misleadingly too positive, imho, and I hope he's not signed based on footage or similar info.
    I really wish he ends up surprising us.
    David Griffin said he and other Cavs executives came and watch Cedi a lot laat year and saw the work ethic and the defense. They were aware Cedi is not a great shooter. I think they know what they are getting