Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Galatasaray Odeabank 2017-18

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Frankfurt
    Posts
    30
    Country: Turkey

    Default Galatasaray Odeabank 2017-18

    Galatasaray will be next season Eurocup competition. They is new head coach Erman Kunter. Staying players Goksenin Koksal, Ege Arar and Emir Preldzic.

    Transfers rumors: Bo Mccalebb, Dwight Hardy, Richard Hendrix and Engin Atsur...

    http://www.eurocupbasketball.com/eur...asoncode=U2017
    ***
    http://www.bsl.org.tr/bsl/takim-deta...ulupKodu=64705

  2. #2
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,527
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    You will have Koksal-Yagmur duo next season, congrats.

    Any youtube channel of Galata? I must see every single game.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Frankfurt
    Posts
    30
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Galatasaray official YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/2galatasaray

  4. #4
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    GS with Emi Preldzic as one of main players is a joke. Sorry gs fans but you will be mediocre next season

    PS. I don't hate GS, wish all the best but what I see is another chaotic season

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Frankfurt
    Posts
    30
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I'm not as pessimistic as you are. Galatasaray has a budget of $ 4 or 4,5 million and is getting good players. Of course it will not be easy to win trophies.

  6. #6
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,273

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oguz Guven View Post
    I'm not as pessimistic as you are. Galatasaray has a budget of $ 4 or 4,5 million and is getting good players. Of course it will not be easy to win trophies.
    I agree that for such budget GS is geting solid players. Just saying that Preldzic is balast for you and you will pay price for that

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Frankfurt
    Posts
    30
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Galatasaray finally rosters:

    Guard: Alex Renfroe, Mehmet Yagmur
    Guard: Goksenin Koksal, Dwight Hardy
    Forward: Scotty Hopson, Emir Preldzic
    Forward: Dajuan Summers, Ege Arar, T.J. Cline
    Center: Rakeem Christmas, Richard Hendrix

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    89
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oguz Guven View Post
    Galatasaray finally rosters:

    Guard: Alex Renfroe, Mehmet Yagmur
    Guard: Goksenin Koksal, Dwight Hardy
    Forward: Scotty Hopson, Emir Preldzic
    Forward: Dajuan Summers, Ege Arar, T.J. Cline
    Center: Rakeem Christmas, Richard Hendrix
    Who are going to be 2 local players they need to play in Turkish League?

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Frankfurt
    Posts
    30
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roloj View Post
    Who are going to be 2 local players they need to play in Turkish League?
    Serkan Aydin and there will be more another young player.

  10. #10
    Senior Member okanial's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    184

    Default

    I hate what GS did this summer. They said they will be lowering the budget and then they spent a lot of money for foreigners who would only help them to be 4th or 5th in the leauge and a mediocre europe cup team. I was expecting them to get couple of young guys like Gešim, Ulubay, Koşut to buid a young core and develop. Those players showed they can be successful with Giresun this year and with the fanbase of GS they could have done even more. Good job with your transfers and be ready to spend a lot of money again in the next summer to get a new sset of mediocre foreign players

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    89
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    I hate what GS did this summer. They said they will be lowering the budget and then they spent a lot of money for foreigners who would only help them to be 4th or 5th in the leauge and a mediocre europe cup team. I was expecting them to get couple of young guys like Gešim, Ulubay, Koşut to buid a young core and develop. Those players showed they can be successful with Giresun this year and with the fanbase of GS they could have done even more. Good job with your transfers and be ready to spend a lot of money again in the next summer to get a new sset of mediocre foreign players
    I think Banvit and Daška will ask for a lor of money as buyout if some team want them. I do not know where i red that Banvit was asking near a million dollars for Gešim. Of course i prefer young people, I hope Giresun, Karsiyaka (with new coach), Banvit and other teams give more minutes this season to young players, but I think Gešim and Ulubay were not in the market, they were untransferable (althoug Kosut was a good option)

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    370
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I hate Gala but they can not spend whole year for this young core thing.There is not any big potential local player.Okben or Gecim they will not be more than average player.Whu you will.waste a year to have mediocre players.Gala have huge fan base they have to be competitive.This years team could.be better but good or not their purpose should be final on Tbl and winning eurocup.No one satisfy for the purpose of growing two young talent.They will not be Bodiroga they will be Mahmutoglu level

  13. #13
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Szeged, Hungary
    Posts
    6,087
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    I hate Gala but they can not spend whole year for this young core thing.There is not any big potential local player.Okben or Gecim they will not be more than average player.Whu you will.waste a year to have mediocre players.Gala have huge fan base they have to be competitive.This years team could.be better but good or not their purpose should be final on Tbl and winning eurocup.No one satisfy for the purpose of growing two young talent.They will not be Bodiroga they will be Mahmutoglu level
    Disagree with this approach. They will not be anything special unless they're believed in & invested in. It's not a solid argument to say they'd get minutes if they deserved it, because this is not how it works in Turkey. Okanial has a good point that GS will not achieve anything this year any way, why waste the budget on globetrotters? Gamble it on local prospects, let it not work. but maybe it will, there is no difference between 5th or 8th or 14th place.

    Having said that I think Kunter will give serious minutes to Arar. I'll maybe exaggerate a bit but he may turn into the best Turkish PF if invested in.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oguz Guven
    guard: Alex Renfroe, Mehmet Yagmur
    Guard: Goksenin Koksal, Dwight Hardy
    Forward: Scotty Hopson, Emir Preldzic
    Forward: Dajuan Summers, Ege Arar, T.J. Cline
    Center: Rakeem Christmas, Richard Hendrix
    imho, this is a 5-8th place roster for TBL. and depending on chemistry, maybe quarters in Eurocup.

    Mahmet Yagmur is terrible as the back-up guard. I once read him (and also Ender Arslan) complaining about unfair treatment towards loacl players in their teams. It may be true for guys like Ulubay or Turen etc, but it was definitely not true in the case of Yagmur. Blatt tried to play him a lot, esp when Wilbekin was injured, but he was atrocious at every minute on court. A few games in a row. I think he should have followed Arslan to the 2nd league.
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 08-25-2017 at 09:04 AM.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    370
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Disagree with this approach. They will not be anything special unless they're believed in & invested in. It's not a solid argument to say they'd get minutes if they deserved it, because this is not how it works in Turkey. Okanial has a good point that GS will not achieve anything this year any way, why waste the budget on globetrotters? Gamble it on local prospects, let it not work. but maybe it will, there is no difference between 5th or 8th or 14th place.

    Having said that I think Kunter will give serious minutes to Arar. I'll maybe exaggerate a bit but he may turn into the best Turkish PF if invested in.


    imho, this is a 5-8th place roster for TBL. and depending on chemistry, maybe quarters in Eurocup.

    Mahmet Yagmur is terrible as the back-up guard. I once read him (and also Ender Arslan) complaining about unfair treatment towards loacl players in their teams. It may be true for guys like Ulubay or Turen etc, but it was definitely not true in the case of Yagmur. Blatt tried to play him a lot, esp when Wilbekin was injured, but he was atrocious at every minute on court. A few games in a row. I think he should have followed Arslan to the 2nd league.
    I wish them to be out of play off or relegation as a Fener fan.But on their wiev they could do same thing what besiktas did this year.Trying to grow two mediocre local player can not be main goal for a team that has millions of fanbase.Okben found playing time at giresun but left them at first money opportunity .He is that stupid why they will waste time.These idiots don't deserve the chance.They should be smart first then ask.chance.I hate local players work ethic.What has Efes gained with their young core.Cedi and Furkan left the team for nba , the others left the team because they think they should get minutes without fighting.They are all arrogant and stupid and do t deserve anything.

  15. #15
    Senior Member gockun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    I wish them to be out of play off or relegation as a Fener fan.But on their wiev they could do same thing what besiktas did this year.Trying to grow two mediocre local player can not be main goal for a team that has millions of fanbase.Okben found playing time at giresun but left them at first money opportunity .He is that stupid why they will waste time.These idiots don't deserve the chance.They should be smart first then ask.chance.I hate local players work ethic.What has Efes gained with their young core.Cedi and Furkan left the team for nba , the others left the team because they think they should get minutes without fighting.They are all arrogant and stupid and do t deserve anything.
    in Cedi and Furkan's defence, İt is not like they didn't try. Cedi played two more season after getting drafted and there is nothing new for him with Efes, Furkan also wait a year but didn't get a chance. I believe he could stay more if he feels trusted. What would you expect them? Should Cedi stay forever or Furkan should agree to sit on bench one more season? In the end, they can't be compered with Yurtseven, Okben or others.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    370
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    in Cedi and Furkan's defence, İt is not like they didn't try. Cedi played two more season after getting drafted and there is nothing new for him with Efes, Furkan also wait a year but didn't get a chance. I believe he could stay more if he feels trusted. What would you expect them? Should Cedi stay forever or Furkan should agree to sit on bench one more season? In the end, they can't be compered with Yurtseven, Okben or others.
    Yes Cedi should stay.Efes raised him from his childhood but He did not repay it.Two years as an average player is not a return for all years investment.Also Furkan should fight for minutes.He expected minutes without fighting.Now he goes to nba and will be banch warmer again. He could not get minutes even in Efes but in nba he could? That shows how stupid he is.

    There is no need to waste a season regarding local young talents terrible work ethic.Gala did the right thing this kids doesn't deserve extra attention and help.They will sell the club at first opportunity.

  17. #17
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Szeged, Hungary
    Posts
    6,087
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cemalex View Post
    Yes Cedi should stay.Efes raised him from his childhood but He did not repay it.Two years as an average player is not a return for all years investment.Also Furkan should fight for minutes.He expected minutes without fighting.Now he goes to nba and will be banch warmer again. He could not get minutes even in Efes but in nba he could? That shows how stupid he is.

    There is no need to waste a season regarding local young talents terrible work ethic.Gala did the right thing this kids doesn't deserve extra attention and help.They will sell the club at first opportunity.
    it all depends on what your main orientation is. From the clubs' point of view, the youth development is not rewarding in Turkey. but from the country's basketball level or the national team's point of view, and this is the main one I personally care about, it's clubs' duty to help raising the kids, or at least provide opportunities for them even if it's not a profitable process (and I don't necessarily agree with that either).

    PS. the topic can be more deeply discussed on the thread here. Togan Karatas's analysis is also pretty good.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  18. #18
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,380
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    it all depends on what your main orientation is. From the clubs' point of view, the youth development is not rewarding in Turkey. but from the country's basketball level or the national team's point of view, and this is the main one I personally care about, it's clubs' duty to help raising the kids, or at least provide opportunities for them even if it's not a profitable process (and I don't necessarily agree with that either).

    PS. the topic can be more deeply discussed on the thread here. Togan Karatas's analysis is also pretty good.
    I don't think it's clubs' duties or it should be... To give youngsters time knowing that they will get virtually nothing out of it (Yurtseven case). So how you protect the national team? By incentivizing playing young players. This way Fener can stay competitive and play Turkish players only if they are/can be on team's level, and a team who wants to go full Crvena Zvezda also gets compensated for their efforts.
    Just letting everyone know, 5+ posts of mine are deleted because I thought a moderator shouldn't act biased and unequal towards teams he doesn't like. Vive la dÚmocratie !

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •