Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EA7 Armani Milano 2017-18

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I'd be really interested to hear more details some time.
    Would you not say, despite the advantage they had in the Italian league, that he did a good job coaching Siena- especially in EL where they weren't as wealthy as many other teams?

Haha. That whole season must just seem like a bad dream now.
    Pianigiani couldn't do better with mediocres like Onan, Preldzic,Bremer... He is not that bad coach bad he had awful selection of players.
    On the other side if he selected roster then he is bigger moron then them.
    And yes, that season was nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Pianigiani couldn't do better with mediocres like Onan, Preldzic,Bremer... He is not that bad coach bad he had awful selection of players.
    On the other side if he selected roster then he is bigger moron then them.
    And yes, that season was nightmare
    I'd bet he was the one who chose Sato (played half decent) and Andersen (had goodwill but completely washed up). Batiste I don't know - our great management's selection maybe. Onan was pretty good then by the way - of course by the standards of that year.
    Just letting everyone know, 5+ posts of mine are deleted because I thought a moderator shouldn't act biased and unequal towards teams he doesn't like. Vive la démocratie !

Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I'd bet he was the one who chose Sato (played half decent) and Andersen (had goodwill but completely washed up). Batiste I don't know - our great management's selection maybe. Onan was pretty good then by the way - of course by the standards of that year.
    Sato, Anderson and Batiste came as EL winners, all three of them.That was the first sign that Fener starts with bigger ambitions and higher goals. They were washed up players but still there was quality and obvious class
    Tanjevic did awful job before that by bringing Preldzic and that cost us a lot thrown years. Second big mistake was belief that Onan could be more then role player. Even in first Obradovic season he was first shoting guard option. We all know how we finished that season. Another nightmare

Pianigiani was in the middle of that and wasn't capable to make clear cut. Even Obradovic needed more then year to do that.
    So, maybe roster isn't full Pianigiani fault. I couldn't find my post from that season but I remember that I said in start of the season that his scouting of domestic part of the roster was disaster and the season is over before even started.

Roster 2017-2018

Pg: Theodore/ Kalnietis/ cinciarini
    sg: Goudelock/ Bertans/ Fontecchio/ Cerella
    Sf: Micov/ dragic/ Abass
    Pf: Jefferson/ Pascolo/ M'Baye
    c: Young/ Tarczewski

Coach: Pianigiani

The team is Pianigiani-style, with skilled combo-guards and lot of shooters, we will see if both Kalnietis and Dragic will stay, they were not on the original plans but they wanted to stay in Milan and also they have big contracts and both are returning from injuries, so it will be difficult to find some team who wants them, personally i would be happy if they stay.
    I see some defensive problems as usual but at least comparing from last year we have some rim protection. The big bet will be young...if he stay healthy the season can be quite good, if this does not happen i see disasters coming.
    I'm very curious to see Theodore and Jefferson, and also how M'baye who played a good season in Italy (brindisi) last year will adapt to a far more high level.
    Tell me your opinions guys!

4/5 can be problem.

I like Jefferson but Young and Tarczewski, first is Damaged and second is mediocre. Someone like Tyus could be great for Armani.

Main Sponsorship will change name from Emporio Armani to A/X Armani Exchange

playoff team for sure . just c position is not el level

Quote Originally Posted by maccabeo View Post
    playoff team for sure . just c position is not el level
    Do you want to make a wager?
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    Do you want to make a wager?
    dont use to but the team is really a very good team. dont know how could u consider a mediocre team this one

I would like to be that optimistic too
    If the team will find the right chemistry it will be fun to watch for sure but i have some doubts about the composition of the roster

The Addition of Cusin will probably mean that Cerella and La torre will go somewhere with a loan. The finished roster will be:

Pg: Theodore / Kalnietis / Cinciarini
    Sg: Goudelock / Bertans / Fontecchio
    SF: Micov / Dragic / Abass
    PF : Jefferson / Pascolo / M'Baye
    C: Young / Tarczewski / Cusin

Banned

andrew goudelock welcome to milano -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-aPA9-Yd98&t=9s
    ricky hickman 2016/17 season - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwBqbdGfDOU&t=10s
    vladimir micov welcome to milano - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=err5MxCW1rI
    share the videos to milano fans !

With the addition of Gudaitis roster is:

Pg: Theodore / Kalnietis / Cinciarini
    Sg: Goudelock / Bertans / Fontecchio
    SF: Micov / Dragic / Abass
    PF : Jefferson / Pascolo / M'Baye
    C:Gudaitias/ Young / Cusin / Tarczewski

Maybe Tarczewski will go to loan on smaller teams seems that Pianigiani was not satisfied with him in preseason

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123