Thread: Furkan Korkmaz Thread

Default Furkan Korkmaz Thread

Korkmaz is going to start NBA career, already playing in Summer League, hopefully it will be a long-running one and he will have a memorable career in NBA. I don't think he is a NBA-ready player yet to undertake contributive roles there. Nevertheless he has been making progress and started to show his natural-born skills on court recently. He will most likely have to spend a lot of times in gym to bulk up to be competitive at his position, since lack of strength takes something from his natural athleticism at NBA level. I don't worry about that, the physical aspect of training is amazing there, they can create a monster out of Korkmaz easily. The frame is open to development for sure. In his first year, the most likely scenario is that he will shuttle back and forth between NBA and D-League and this should be regarded normal as the matter of adaptation process and the fact that he is still learning basketball. Good luck bro!
    Last edited by slice me nice; 07-09-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Nice thread! I really like Furkan, both as a bball player as well as his mentality. I think he can be the first succesfull small Turkish player in the NBA (I don't count hedo nor Ersan as small players ).

I saw all the long highlights of his first 4/5 summer league games. As you said he needs to develop his strength as in all those clips you could see he is passed by his opponents too easily. On the other hand, it looks like the NBA/sixers see him as a pure shooter, but I think he can be a better slasher due to his ballhandling abilities and athletical/physical potential. I agree he will and should develop this year in the NBDL and get used to the athleticism overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakz View Post
    Nice thread! I really like Furkan, both as a bball player as well as his mentality. I think he can be the first succesfull small Turkish player in the NBA (I don't count hedo nor Ersan as small players ).

I saw all the long highlights of his first 4/5 summer league games. As you said he needs to develop his strength as in all those clips you could see he is passed by his opponents too easily. On the other hand, it looks like the NBA/sixers see him as a pure shooter, but I think he can be a better slasher due to his ballhandling abilities and athletical/physical potential. I agree he will and should develop this year in the NBDL and get used to the athleticism overseas.
    Actually, i've listened to one of his coaches, he was saying "we know he can shoot, but we want to him to use his athleticism to penetrate and also score form inside". the following game, he had 19pts with two 3 pointers. So they told him and he listened and delivered.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Actually, i've listened to one of his coaches, he was saying "we know he can shoot, but we want to him to use his athleticism to penetrate and also score form inside". the following game, he had 19pts with two 3 pointers. So they told him and he listened and delivered.
    I got the feeling that He will improve much more by staying in America (whether in NBA or G-League) rather than staying in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    I got the feeling that He will improve much more by staying in America (whether in NBA or G-League) rather than staying in Europe.
    It seems so to me too, yes. Unfortunately we already witnessed he could not get exposure in Turkey.
    His summer league experience so far was pretty good, hope he can keep up with the big boys too. I really am optimistic about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    It seems so to me too, yes. Unfortunately we already witnessed he could not get exposure in Turkey.
    His summer league experience so far was pretty good, hope he can keep up with the big boys too. I really am optimistic about him.
    Sometimes I hate Turkish people. Looking at the comments on various websites and if he played good on a game they say summer league doesn`t mean anything and if he played bad they say he is a bust because he played bad.

Furkan showed he is a good player and can improve in the summer league. He played good and become the teams leading scorer despite a low 3 pt %. When he gains form and get used to playing there he will be great. Also, Reddick signing means he will see less playing time but he is definetely best teacher possible for Furkan.

MAybe we should have another page for Cedi?

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    MAybe we should have another page for Cedi?
    sure, go for it.