Tournament of Americas, Day 1 recap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alermac
    The problem is, this loss against Mexico can really hurt PR at the long run. It could be the difference bewteen playing semifinals vs Brazil/Argentina or vs USA, for example. And Barea being suspended for two games (including vs Argentina) can hurt PR even more.

If panama defeats mexico and urugay defeats mexico, mexico will be eliminated so that loss would not count for the second round (higly unlikely but possible). Mexico played as good as we played bad, our guards were out of sync.

USA will probably win unless Brazil can put an amazing effort in making Barbosa pass the ball, machado score more than 1FG/3pt per game and involving Nene and Splitter in front of a loud USA croud (also unlikely, epecially w/o Anderson)

I agree with Lebron23 this is the best team since 1992 or maybe dream team 3 which was also good. USA will win the TOA, they are playing good as a team w/o selfishness, however, in a different setting WC/olympics would lose against Spain and Greece with big men shooting and playing in the perimeter and a premium zone defense.
    Originally posted by LFGC79
    USA is playing really nice. I think that this same team in the Olympics could get bronze or silver. In WC maybe bronze. Stoudemire and Howard are good for inside presence but no outside game, on offense or defense. This is how Europe has beaten the american super natural athleticism ( and will continue to do so).
    Rico Suave #2

Comment

Originally posted by Picek
      where did you watch it? mediacenter or via satellite?
      'cause there is nothing on Dubai sports
      I am watching the games via mediazone!
      You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

I don't see a prediction thread anywhere so I'll post mine here, no scores, just who wins.

USA vs. Canada - USA easily
        Brazil vs. U.S.V.I. - Brazil in a tougher game than expected
        Puerto Rico vs. Uruguay - PR has to win or there's no tomorrow. I think they will.
        Argentina vs. Mexico - Argentina better do it as Puerto Rico needs Mex out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Exciterx
          I don't see a prediction thread anywhere so I'll post mine here, no scores, just who wins.

USA vs. Canada - USA easily
          Brazil vs. U.S.V.I. - Brazil in a tougher game than expected
          Puerto Rico vs. Uruguay - PR has to win or there's no tomorrow. I think they will.
          Argentina vs. Mexico - Argentina better do it as Puerto Rico needs Mex out of it.
          We also need uruguay over mexico

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information