it was because gilas was soo bad that they just played with us

now iran is eating korea alive
    wow

118 pts korea
    108 pt lebanon lol

if we played iran they might have scored 150 lol
    I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• See this is why i dont consider korea as top team or contender they are so easy to beat... its just we can't beat them lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Lebasketball View Post
        IMO Iran will killed them. BTW Iran always beat them easily. You have to play physical and to be organized to beat the Koreans so i will bet on iran in this one.
        yea so far iran indeed killing them lol.

Comment

• Most likely it's the finals could be between Australia and Iran.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPilipinas View Post
            you took it literally i was saying is they won't allow anyone to score easily. look at our game againts korea and lebanon so many dunks and easy basket! it wont happen on ping and RDO maybe may lulusot na isang dunk but hindi paulit ulit.....

It will happen cause the way Chot lines up his defense,if Chot got his zone defense right it will stop a lot of these penetrations,he got athletic skilled men on the floor.Ping and RDO are not the most athletic men in the defene,what they really need is more athletic guys with size that you can plug in for defense,so ERRAM,Kobe and even Rosaro should be included on the next selection.I'm willing to give up JA if they can get GS for JF and hve Sanggalang replace JA on the roster just make sure that Almazan,Erram,GS,Rosario,Blatche complete the rest of the bigs.Lets stop with skilled undersize over tall athletic guys mentality.One thing that the PBA can do is have a Invitational Conference and raise the height limit of imports to 6'11 it will force the players and coaches to adjust to a different level.Even the one import conference make it at least 6'8 so that the PBA can get used to seeing skilled athletic SF being guarded by PBA SF and PF.

Comment

• that will be a good one
              Australia will be tough but I think this iran team is stronger than a few years ago
              they have bigger faster guards to surround Haddadi

oh oh Korea making a big run
              I might be eating some of my words
              I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• Iran is a normal team without haddadi korea cut the big lead when he was resting.

Comment

Iran is a normal team without haddadi korea cut the big lead when he was resting.

Once HADADI is gone, they will lose that suffocating defence.

Comment

Iran is a normal team without haddadi korea cut the big lead when he was resting.

A big man who can dominate always befuddled Korea with GS and BLatche,they will be tired in defense to have any reserve energy for a high powered offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by eshmawi View Post
                      Once HADADI is gone, they will lose that suffocating defence.
                      they need to find haddadi replacement once haddadi retires they're in trouble...

Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                      A big man who can dominate always befuddled Korea with GS and BLatche,they will be tired in defense to have any reserve energy for a high powered offense.
                      yup but ratriff will be a huge help if they can naturalized him.

Comment

• korea missed some easy shot, open shot and big shot but everytime we are facing they're making everything grrrrr i hate you korea lol
                        Last edited by GoPilipinas; 08-19-2017, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Reality check guys. Gilas is just not good on the world level much less the Asian level without a dominating import/naturalized player. Let us be honest with ourselves. I keep laughing at people saying if only SMC cooperated and released their best players. Lol. Seriously sino pa ba ang kkunin mo sa mga SMC teamsif not Japeth and Fajardo? Lassitter? Jeez another 6'2" guard that Wright already fills in for? Truthfully our so called best local and 4 time PBA MVP Junmar looked so archaic in their against top asian bigs. Slow footed, unathletic and limited offensively and defensively. Sorry he is only good at the PBA level. I have given up hope on this current gen of available players in the pro ranks to fill up our senior team. We have no one currently in the PBA who we can consider elite on the world class much less Asian level. NO ONE. I mean damn we can't even stop Lolo El Khatib who dropped 30 plus points on us and he is 38 years old?? This also falls on how bad our coaching staff is on both defense and offense. Oh yeah don't get me started about offense. Sobrang predictable and easy to scout easy to defend especially when our opponents are taller and longer than us. To be honest we really don't have any advantage against the top Asian teams. People hear keep harping on our speed?? Well if you have players taller and longer than us at every position and just as quick if not quicker at times and this is very evident. Physical daw tayo maglaro? Well the only times we tried to be worked against us..and the elite teams have shown they can play with the same level of "Gulang"..
                          Sorry guys I have been following our national teams for the last 20 plus years and observing the PBA as well for much longer and we are still miles away from being considered an elite team in Asia without a naturalized do it all mercenary. And with the entry of Australia and New Zealand in our zone we aren't even in the top 4 of Asia.
                          The top 4 teams in the Asian zone in no particular order: New Zealand, Australia, China and Iran. Korea would be 5th while the rest battle it out at the bottom. Other countries like Iraq and Japan I wouldn't be surprised if they overtake us.

Sorry but I have to say the win against China may have been a fluke. Honestly do any of you think we can win against them again if they had Zhou Qi, Yi and Ding even if we had JF and Blatche with this same Asia cup Gilas roster? Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot.

I have given up on this current gen of Gilas players even if we had Tab back. Just have to look forward to the new crop of players 18 and below. Hopefully they dont go wasted. And yeah PBA should either evolve or just be forgotten as a national team contributor.
                          Originally posted by PeeZones
                          Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

they need to find haddadi replacement once haddadi retires they're in trouble...

yup but ratriff will be a huge help if they can naturalized him.

Their defense tho its the 2 who sags to double the big man then their 3 boxing out the opponents 4,freeing their 4 for a possible def rebound.If Gilas have 2 capable scoring big man at the same time it will force their 4 out of the paint mismatch against our very mobile wings who can easily sidestep and shoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                              Reality check guys. Gilas is just not good on the world level much less the Asian level without a dominating import/naturalized player. Let us be honest with ourselves. I keep laughing at people saying if only SMC cooperated and released their best players. Lol. Seriously sino pa ba ang kkunin mo sa mga SMC teamsif not Japeth and Fajardo? Lassitter? Jeez another 6'2" guard that Wright already fills in for? Truthfully our so called best local and 4 time PBA MVP Junmar looked so archaic in their against top asian bigs. Slow footed, unathletic and limited offensively and defensively. Sorry he is only good at the PBA level. I have given up hope on this current gen of available players in the pro ranks to fill up our senior team. We have no one currently in the PBA who we can consider elite on the world class much less Asian level. NO ONE. I mean damn we can't even stop Lolo El Khatib who dropped 30 plus points on us and he is 38 years old?? This also falls on how bad our coaching staff is on both defense and offense. Oh yeah don't get me started about offense. Sobrang predictable and easy to scout easy to defend especially when our opponents are taller and longer than us. To be honest we really don't have any advantage against the top Asian teams. People hear keep harping on our speed?? Well if you have players taller and longer than us at every position and just as quick if not quicker at times and this is very evident. Physical daw tayo maglaro? Well the only times we tried to be worked against us..and the elite teams have shown they can play with the same level of "Gulang"..
                              Sorry guys I have been following our national teams for the last 20 plus years and observing the PBA as well for much longer and we are still miles away from being considered an elite team in Asia without a naturalized do it all mercenary. And with the entry of Australia and New Zealand in our zone we aren't even in the top 4 of Asia.
                              The top 4 teams in the Asian zone in no particular order: New Zealand, Australia, China and Iran. Korea would be 5th while the rest battle it out at the bottom. Other countries like Iraq and Japan I wouldn't be surprised if they overtake us.

Sorry but I have to say the win against China may have been a fluke. Honestly do any of you think we can win against them again if they had Zhou Qi, Yi and Ding even if we had JF and Blatche with this same Asia cup Gilas roster? Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same spot.

I have given up on this current gen of Gilas players even if we had Tab back. Just have to look forward to the new crop of players 18 and below. Hopefully they dont go wasted. And yeah PBA should either evolve or just be forgotten as a national team contributor.

It always starts with the coaching and ends with the players performance nothing more nothing less.I say a CTC led team will motivate and inspire the players to a different direction and hopefully Tab comes back in some capacity,players do like him a lot,except probably Abueva.Its time sit JF and JA for awhile gets a new set of big men to bring something new that hasn't been seen by our opponents.

Comment

• Originally posted by ARMIR View Post
                                It always starts with the coaching and ends with the players performance nothing more nothing less.I say a CTC led team will motivate and inspire the players to a different direction and hopefully Tab comes back in some capacity,players do like him a lot,except probably Abueva.Its time sit JF and JA for awhile gets a new set of big men to bring something new that hasn't been seen by our opponents.

We are so far behind in coaching philosophy and development starting from the school level up to the amateurs and pros. Khatib who plays guard and SF is 2 inches taller than the guy guarding him CBC and you can see the disparity in skillset. CBC is forced to play out of his pposition to match up yet Khatib is 38 a generation older than CBC and yet no progress or deveopment in skillset is seen on CBC or his batchmates who are his height. Same thing with Troy Rosario. Too long he has played C/PF during his development years its too late to convert him to be a SF and expect him to matchup with the likes of Bahrami, Ding or any of the Aus/NZ forwards.
                                Originally posted by PeeZones
                                Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information