Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,781 to 1,795 of 1795

Thread: 2017 jones cup

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads View Post
    Erram is slowly coming back in shape, had, 11 points, 15 Rebs and 7 blocks against Star.

Slaughter had 14 points, 14 Rebs and 3 blocks debut after almost 2 years of absence.
    A healthy Erram seems to be better overall than Almazan at this point. Take note, before his injury he was scoring on JF consistently on the perimeter.

For me its Ray. Not that he sucks, his defense is really good and probably the closest thing we have to a gabe replacement. His ability to guard 1-3 will be vital in the future. I was just expecting him to take a step forward with his offense. He showed flashes during the canada game then slowed down. Maybe its the ankle?

With regards to kobe, he's young and hasn't played a lot of 5v5 the past year or two. He was clearly over-excited on offense but I think he showed a lot of defensive potential. Just happy that atleast he gets to work with pba players. Not too long ago, they wouldn't even consider sending a 19yr old.

With Belo, its his first series of games coming from a knee injury. Its usually tough coming back from a knee injury esp. mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    For me its Ray. Not that he sucks, his defense is really good and probably the closest thing we have to a gabe replacement. His ability to guard 1-3 will be vital in the future. I was just expecting him to take a step forward with his offense. He showed flashes during the canada game then slowed down. Maybe its the ankle?

With regards to kobe, he's young and hasn't played a lot of 5v5 the past year or two. He was clearly over-excited on offense but I think he showed a lot of defensive potential. Just happy that atleast he gets to work with pba players. Not too long ago, they wouldn't even consider sending a 19yr old.

With Belo, its his first series of games coming from a knee injury. Its usually tough coming back from a knee injury esp. mentally.
    Cant even do the sidestep after the canada game..the draft is near and seems that he will be prone to injury if he cant land properly everytime he takes off..

Cs needs a shotblocking coach lol quick hands but cantreally get the timing upstairs..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    Cant even do the sidestep after the canada game..the draft is near and seems that he will be prone to injury if he cant land properly everytime he takes off..

Cs needs a shotblocking coach lol quick hands but cantreally get the timing upstairs..
    Internationally I think BRP can be developed into a solid 3-and-D guard. He displayed his shooting touch in the ABL where he broke the record for most triples by a local in a single game. In the PBA he can be a go-to guy for a team like KIA or Blackwater.

If BRP jr. can't step up at the offensive end even he is capable, then he is no different to matt ganuelas because the last time i saw matt playing in the jones cup 2015 and fiba asia 2015 he can also do what parks can do defensively maybe even better at a limited minutes given to him by coach tab and in fairness to ganuelas he is not afraid to attack and attack to the basket in games during those tournaments.

It is just his jump shots and freethrows that really ruined his career haha.
    Ako ang may pinakamalakas na confidence!

Quote Originally Posted by Thegloryball View Post
    If BRP jr. can't step up at the offensive end even he is capable, then he is no different to matt ganuelas because the last time i saw matt playing in the jones cup 2015 and fiba asia 2015 he can also do what parks can do defensively maybe even better at a limited minutes given to him by coach tab and in fairness to ganuelas he is not afraid to attack and attack to the basket in games during those tournaments.

It is just his jump shots and freethrows that really ruined his career haha.
    BRP can play pressure D on 1-3 but help D is avg. MGR can defend 2-4. Man to man D is avg but excels on help defense and shot blocking. We haven't seen him in a while tho and he's now with SMB so......

bobby ray u need to score too sayang talent...

oo.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by GoPilipinas View Post
    bobby ray u need to score too sayang talent...

oo.jpg
    I know BRP,Jr. has a role to do, however, I hope he should realize that his role is second to the primary objective, which is to help the team win.

Winning requires TWO things --First, is to score (that is why the team with the highest score at the end of game is the winner); and Second, to defend (that is why the opposing team tries as hard as possible to limit the points of its opponent).

So even if BRP,Jr.'s role is to defend, the primary purpose of the team, is to get as many points as possible. In this team, I don't expect BRP,Jr to score many points, however, I hope that BRP,Jr will take any broken opportunity that is available to him, to score some points for Gilas. He is TOO GOOD, not to be able to produce more points for our Gilas Team.

Wishing the best for BRP,Jr.

ray is too mabait..

Quote Originally Posted by IshmaelM View Post
    A healthy Erram seems to be better overall than Almazan at this point. Take note, before his injury he was scoring on JF consistently on the perimeter.

A healthy and productive Erram for Rosario instead,keep Almazan the boy works really hard.

Youre not getting into the NBA playing like that Ray..

ray is too mabait..
    Ironically I am unsure why I was blocked by Ray on twitter. I don't even remember tweeting him. Sad because sometimes you want to give them some encouragement!

Quote Originally Posted by rzr_390 View Post
    Ironically I am unsure why I was blocked by Ray on twitter. I don't even remember tweeting him. Sad because sometimes you want to give them some encouragement!
    he can't do 2 roles.. if the coach say stop scoring and he will follow that coach and do nothing.. 2 way player kung baga..

ray is too mabait..
    I'm desperately looking for the right or proper phrase or sentence to summarize BRP,Jr. situation as an NT player and as someone pursuing the NBA dream. Now I know, what I was trying to say TRANS: dami sinasabi hehehehe

Basically, I hope he can be a Bruce Bowen type of player for Gilas. the main defensive stopper but is one helluva 3-pt. shooter and clutch as well.

Quote Originally Posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    Youre not getting into the NBA playing like that Ray..
    he will realize it more if he was like an ordinary import, no stable income until a stint comes along.. and expect to deliver to be billable..

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990