Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1795

Thread: 2017 jones cup

  1. #881
    Senior Member Anonymous123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    964
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thegloryball View Post
    Honestly, watching his full games video on vimeo 1-2years ago, I like the way kobe plays on his highschool days compare today. Lighter but Quicker and more agile, more efficient shooter, better ball handling, plays more intelligently. Ngayon kasi he always looks stiff on the court, many unnecessary movements (see those no look pass lols) always seems dont know what to do. Well he is just 19 I hope he regains his old middlebrooks highschool form but more refined and improved hehe.
    I guess it has something to do with tougher opponents. He's competing against men not college and high school players but pros in their respective countries.

    Kobe just needs to adjust because the game will not adjust to him. This is why you do extra work outside regular practices and weight training.

    For instance, Lonzo Ball runs up the hill to improve and maintain his conditioning. Lamelo and Liangelo do the same hence they run so fast down the court and are very efficient.

  2. #882
    Senior Member TrueBluePinoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,545

    Default

    Ferrer, another disciple of Cone's zen temple. He was absolutely horrible before being drafted by Ginebra. Coach Tim really does wonders bringing out the confidence of struggling players.

  3. #883
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Fan's heart
    Posts
    815
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Kobe should start deactivating his social media accounts and get back only when he has significant improvement already. Which he will get in CSUN.
    Right now he is emotionally damaged. Not drama damage like traumatic but he got crushed by pressure to perform and by the damages media has done to him.
    We dont want another jiro manio.
    They call me THE HERO.

  4. #884
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrueBluePinoy View Post
    Ferrer, another disciple of Cone's zen temple. He was absolutely horrible before being drafted by Ginebra. Coach Tim really does wonders bringing out the confidence of struggling players.
    Chot Reyes is like Hur Jae to Tim.Cones Yoo Jae Hak..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  5. #885
    Senior Member Anonymous123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    964
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    Kobe should start deactivating his social media accounts and get back only when he has significant improvement already. Which he will get in CSUN.
    I'm with you here 100 %.

  6. #886
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Fan's heart
    Posts
    815
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    I guess it has something to do with tougher opponents. He's competing against men not college and high school players but pros in their respective countries.

    Kobe just needs to adjust because the game will not adjust to him. This is why you do extra work outside regular practices and weight training.

    For instance, Lonzo Ball runs up the hill to improve and maintain his conditioning. Lamelo and Liangelo do the same hence they run so fast down the court and are very efficient.
    Kobe's conditioning weight training and physical development is damaged.
    His arms were over developed and his thighs and legs were not developed for basketball. It looks like he is a volleball player. Even his form and hops were not fine tuned for basketball movements.
    It was developed for personal improvement but not really servicable improvement.
    His arms remind me of walter herrmann. Heavy and out of rhythm
    They call me THE HERO.

  7. #887
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Fan's heart
    Posts
    815
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Or we should just all relax. Maybe kobe is simply disappointed that taiwanese women are the ugliest women in the east asia...and he feels trapped with this ugly women for 9 days.
    Walang choice. Pangit din mga ofw sa taiwan eh.
    Tigang for 9 days.
    They call me THE HERO.

  8. #888
    Senior Member Anonymous123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    964
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    Kobe's conditioning weight training and physical development is damaged.
    His arms were over developed and his thighs and legs were not developed for basketball. It looks like he is a volleball player. Even his form and hops were not fine tuned for basketball movements.
    It was developed for personal improvement but not really servicable improvement.
    His arms remind me of walter herrmann. Heavy and out of rhythm
    Sounds critical but to the point...

  9. #889
    Senior Member Anonymous123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    964
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
    Or we should just all relax. Maybe kobe is simply disappointed that taiwanese women are the ugliest women in the east asia...and he feels trapped with this ugly women for 9 days.
    Walang choice. Pangit din mga ofw sa taiwan eh.
    Tigang for 9 days.
    lmao...

  10. #890
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,383

    Default

    Another reason why Paras is struggling is because he is playing the 4 spot. Would love to see him play the sf position for the rest of the tournament. But with how weak our pf spot has been, Chot is forced to use him and Ferrer as alternates for CBC.

  11. #891
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    348
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous123 View Post
    I'm with you here 100 %.

    As forumers, we have to do our share too. Let's taper the attention we're showering him, less discussion and hyping. this might lessen the pressure and help him focus on basketball.

  12. #892
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    348
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NOiNU View Post
    Yeah, this is where the presence of African collegiate imports proves beneficial. Just imagine if they (Belo, et al) had to play center full time during their college stint.

    At least now we are having "bigs" capable of playing the perimeter.
    Exactly. I see collegiate imports more of a boon than a bane

  13. #893
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reamily View Post
    2006-2007 ver of danny seigle is his most efficient and productive version and was checked by iran..
    Nope, the best version of Seigle was Seigle before qatar exbition game injury 2002. Iran wasn't a powerhouse yet at that time, it was China and South Korea who were lording over Asia.

  14. #894
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,911

    Default

    I'm actually ok with kobe's performance especially on the defensive end. He's playing out of position (pf) and has not played competitive ball in a while. His timing on offense is really off + "gigil" is really affecting him. This being his 1st time in a gilas uni + knowing you only have 1-2 minutes + chot screaming at you non-stop is tough. Maybe he can calm down a bit vs teams like japan and india.

    On the defensive end, I love the hustle, running end to end, blocking or changing the opponents shot. I hope he continuous to develop. Him, edu, kai might give us our best defensive gilas frontline in a few yrs

  15. #895
    Senior Member live_evil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    531

    Default

    I agree that one of the causes of kobe's lack of quality play is his being forced to play out of position. He is being asked to play 4 instead of 3 or 2. He looks lost as a 4. He should get vergel meneses or Kenneth Duremdes to train him. Kobe at 3 would be great for Gilas.

  16. #896
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,048

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live_evil View Post
    Nope, the best version of Seigle was Seigle before qatar exbition game injury 2002. Iran wasn't a powerhouse yet at that time, it was China and South Korea who were lording over Asia.
    But we have a much more.efficient duremdes cariaso and seigle that time.. and ds cannot go iso against tall chinese his 3 point shot and back to the basket skills was harnessed after the injuries..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  17. #897
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,048

    Default

    We thonk lebron james as a shooting guard not a combo forward?
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  18. #898

    Default

    a taiwanese analysis on why taiwan blue lost to Ph.

    "It's hard to believe that when Chinese-Taipei Blue faced off with the young Filipino team, their strength (taiwan) were completely gone. Quincy also lost his dominance...we really underestimated the young Philippine team. this team is full of potential."

    https://udn.com/news/story/7003/2588542

  19. #899
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    15,048

    Default

    They not fully admitting by putting all the credit to yes austin powers the win against then..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..

  20. #900
    Senior Member Silent Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Posts
    15,650
    Country: Philippines

    Default

    little by little kobe will get his time.. need to prove it. in short period of time he must play his game. his decision making still not there. open 3 and you drive? but his defense improved.. on and off ball defense..needs to polish more of his defense.. if he can develop somehow a passing game that would be great. polish that shooting form of his.. maybe jimmy alapag can correct it.. or once he got back to US, reggie theus.

Page 45 of 90 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •