• Tofas - Bursa
    • Pinar Karsiyaka - Izmir
    • Istanbul BSB - Istanbul
    • Yesil Giresun Bld - Giresun
    • Trabzonspor Medical Park - Trabzon
    • DI Buyukcekmece - Istanbul
    • Muratbey Usak Sportif - Usak
    • Sakarya BSB - Sakarya (promoted)
    • Nesine Eskirsehir - Eskisehir (promoted)

relegated:
    BEST Balikesir - Balikesir
    TED Kolejliler - Ankara

Last edited by Levenspiel; 06-22-2017 at 04:13 PM.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

This past season, league wasn’t as deep as the previous one. Some teams couldn’t keep up with the others and it hurt the competition. With two newly promoted teams like Eskisehir and Sakarya , the gap between top and bottom of the league should be narrower again. I don’t like the fact that there won’t be any team from Ankara though, they will be missed.

Rosters:

Last edited by Levenspiel; 08-08-2017 at 12:10 PM.

Btw, Nikola Jankovic came to Turkey. He was MVP of ABA? Is he that good?
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 07-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    If you like Vesely type FT yes he is perfect
    Crvena Zvezda 2017/2018

PG: Rochestie, Radicevic
    SG: Feldeine, Lazic,Davidovac
    SF: Dangubic, Dobric (SG/SF),Keselj,Lazarevic
    PF: Jankovic, Bjelica (PF/C),Antic (PF/C),Apic
    C: Lessort, Jovanovic

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    He played an excellent season but he is limited in the upside of what he could become. He is extremely mobile for a PF and high hustle guy. He really excels in transition and running the break. He will be very active on the boards both ways and around the rim. On the other hand, he has no outside shot and is absolutely terrible from FT (below 50%).
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Sakarya also signed Elan Chalon's center Moustapha Fall.

Big surprise for me. Expected to see him in Euroleague.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Big surprise for me. Expected to see him in Euroleague.
    exactly. apparently he said he was between Barcelona and Sakarya, but he chose the latter... wow...

Newcomer Sakarya making interesting signings again. I will be watching them plus Daçka, They will both have future Euroleague and Fenerbahçe players

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    Newcomer Sakarya making interesting signings again. I will be watching them plus Daçka, They will both have future Euroleague and Fenerbahçe players
    the most interesting team to watch imho would be Banvit. They have been producing lots of prospects, and they commit giving them more significant roles this year.

Erkan Yılmaz ('97) signed with Giresun. Definitely a sleeper so far, but I expect him to make a notable difference there. He can be the most spectacular player of the league with sick dunks. I feel hopeful about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w95wQhuPww

Quote Originally Posted by slice me nice View Post
    Erkan Yılmaz ('97) signed with Giresun. Definitely a sleeper so far, but I expect him to make a notable difference there. He can be the most spectacular player of the league with sick dunks. I feel hopeful about him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w95wQhuPww
    it's rare to see confident players like Erkan Yilmaz in TBL; he does not seem very athletic but that's obviously deceptive. he had a few spectacular dunks on u20, and he tries dunking at every opportunity. He has a shoot too. His overall game is still very raw though.

Banvit will be packed, they have a solid youth core, esp this year. On the other hand, Giresun might offer a break-out chance for Yilmaz.

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    it's rare to see confident players like Erkan Yilmaz in TBL; he does not seem very athletic but that's obviously deceptive. he had a few spectacular dunks on u20, and he tries dunking at every opportunity. He has a shoot too. His overall game is still very raw though.

Banvit will be packed, they have a solid youth core, esp this year. On the other hand, Giresun might offer a break-out chance for Yilmaz.
    His shooting is not reliable. What I like in this guy is he is trying to enrich his offensive arsenal. Now, he plays some nice post-ups recently, that's something new for him. If he doesn't derail himself from the right path, he will be a very useful player for quality teams.

Giresun is a big chance for every prospect. I would pay out from my pocket just to play there if I would seek a quality role at the top level. Hopefully, they will add more names to their roster. I have heard they are also interested in Bitim. It would be a nice move.

Gaziantep adding Rudd is a huge move. He will form a deadly duo with Armand ( a player to watch this season). The team will be more interesting then last year.

So most of the teams play preparation games nowadays. Banvit-Büyükçekmece was one of them. Bunch of prospects to follow in the game. Osmani looks really impressive. A almost double-double performance from him. He is a very mobile big-man, was used C today, originally he is a PF. Atar has protected the rim effectively that Çekmece's frontcourt had a lot of problems with finishing around the rim. Geçim didn't play well, but the fact that he just recovered from the injury. Still, he showed his class with 2 magical assists.

Odum is a versatile scorer, but he is trying too much. He was too hot today, but I don't think he is the right man to run the offenses. It is not the right time to judge, but he seemed a bit downgrade in comparison to Theodore as first impression.

Tofaş is close to Rautins just a coupe days after Crocker's 2 month injury. Ene couln't trust youngsters for 1 months ( Yiğit Arslan is a great prospect for that position) , but him and Tofas managers will talk about "how their team's spirit is all about turkish players" and how that f..ing quato is damaging our NT! In the end, their spiritual team will get sweet by a conterder if somehow they can reach play-offs again. I truely just hope that Tofaş relegated to second division.

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    Tofaş is close to Rautins just a coupe days after Crocker's 2 month injury. Ene couln't trust youngsters for 1 months ( Yiğit Arslan is a great prospect for that position) , but him and Tofas managers will talk about "how their team's spirit is all about turkish players" and how that f..ing quato is damaging our NT! In the end, their spiritual team will get sweet by a conterder if somehow they can reach play-offs again. I truely just hope that Tofaş relegated to second division.
    They have quality youngsters too. I have high hopes for Banvit this year. Do you guys think Atar will play 15+ minutes this year?

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    They have quality youngsters too. I have high hopes for Banvit this year. Do you guys think Atar will play 15+ minutes this year?
    Let alone Atar playing 15+ minutes, I am not sure whether he plays for Banvit and playing for Banvit would be beneficial for him. I hope he will stay one more year in Kırmızı and can focus on his game there easily. He needs to take responsibility on offense to improve his game and playing in second division has made a boost effect on his profile whenever he spent time in Kırmızı on the whole. I hope, we will see Osmani on court a lot this year. He is a more senior-ready player comparison to Atar. Osmani has been having a very good above-expectations prep period so far.

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    not quite, he played for 2 mins today

i watched GS-Antep game on TV. it was rather a low quality game, where Koksal was the top-scorer until garbage time. maybe because it was just the first match. Both teams looked like they met each other 1 hr before the game, especially Gaziantep. Strange to see Victor Rudd here (for a while he played point guard today, not joking). Last year they had picked up late and did a decent job, but it will be tough to repeat it with the current roster, imo.

GS was the better team throughout, they knew what to do, but could not really execute them. Rakeem Christmas is solid. Ege Arar did quite a decent job in 20mins, he needs to play min this much in every game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast