Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turkish Basketball League (BSL) - 2017/18

Trabzon-Besiktas: 71-82.
    This was a better looking game. Trabzon is mostly a newly formed team (as usual) but they made their shots. On defensive end, Opekba was impassable with 7 blocks!
    Besiktas had issues with playmaking, Boatright was terrible and Sipahi was not played in first 30mins due to injury, but Sarica had to put him in. The team knows how to play together, and eventually they managed to win behind strong inside scoring from Sertac Sanli (20-3-5, on 67%fg).

as for Efes, this team looks at a level even below our modest expectations this year. When we thought Heurtel-Granger duo was inadequate, they brought McCollum-Adams duo, who are at the Challenge cup level :/. and Mr Perasovic, why the hell do you call 5 youngsters to the roster if you are not give any time to them? what's the point in suiting them up, really?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Club with circa 25-30m budget doesn't need experiments like Thomson. This guy is comic first of all
    We lost to Efes in ugly way

we need time. we miss dixon and kalinic terribly that's all i'm going to say.

Fenerbahçe Doğuş İstanbul

Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    Club with circa 25-30m budget doesn't need experiments like Thomson. This guy is comic first of all
    We lost to Efes in ugly way
    I was surprised about it.
    Efes seem as an awful team this season, and won the game
    2015/2016:
    PG: Jackson, Cole
    SG: Kane, D-Ba, Roll
    SF: Thomas, Mash'ur, Zoosman
    PF: Bolden, Cohen
    PF: Tyus, Segev, Parakhousky

Quote Originally Posted by Roy M View Post
    I was surprised about it.
    Efes seem as an awful team this season, and won the game
    Efes is awful, but an awful Euroleague team still. I'm quite surprised as well

Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Efes is awful, but an awful Euroleague team still. I'm quite surprised as well
    Maybe, the effect of Bogdanovic and Udoh are bigger than we thought?
    2015/2016:
    PG: Jackson, Cole
    SG: Kane, D-Ba, Roll
    SF: Thomas, Mash'ur, Zoosman
    PF: Bolden, Cohen
    PF: Tyus, Segev, Parakhousky

So guys finally some prospects getting some responsibility. Hats off to sir Trifunovic, and thanks to Crockers’ injury Ene realize he has a player called Yiğit Arslan!

Quote Originally Posted by gockun View Post
    So guys finally some prospects getting some responsibility. Hats off to sir Trifunovic, and thanks to Crockers’ injury Ene realize he has a player called Yiğit Arslan!
    yeah, that's almost the only reason I'm watching TBL games. We have a few players starting to take major roles/minutes now; Taskiran, Guven, Ugurlu, Turen, Gecim, Ulubay....

Yigit is great, and when you watch him, you wonder why he doesn't play all the time... he has no negative impact on the team even if he's not taking any shot, and when takes them he makes them...

on the flipside Kadir Bayram is now lost under Ene. and Baygul cannot break Blatt's rotation. Arar is doing fine but he should be taking more minutes too.

Gaziantep and a few other teams are terrible this year for youngsters, but others are getting better overall.

Geçim played a whole 36 minutes today. That must be his career high. Good for him

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    Geçim played a whole 36 minutes today. That must be his career high. Good for him
    yeah, and we have to mention that Efes and Mr Perasovic are now the worst in this aspect. it's actually embarrassing. In a team loaded with young talent (Saybir, Bitim, Mustafa, Demir, even Erdogan), no one plays a single fucking minute, even in TBL... instead, they signed mediocre players like Muric...

yeah, and we have to mention that Efes and Mr Perasovic are now the worst in this aspect. it's actually embarrassing. In a team loaded with young talent (Saybir, Bitim, Mustafa, Demir, even Erdogan), no one plays a single fucking minute, even in TBL... instead, they signed mediocre players like Muric...
    Peras already said that, it i impossible for the young to get a minute in euroleague and state that he may give some in BSL.

Peras already said that, it i impossible for the young to get a minute in euroleague and state that he may give some in BSL.
    I did not see that. I'd fire him immediately then if I was the GM. and I'd fire the GM right away too if I was the president
    he does not play them in domestic league either.
    I'm wondering what he thinks he will do in the EL with this roster. becoming 10th instead of 15th?
    besides, these kids probably cannot do worse than some of the expats in the team.

I did not see that. I'd fire him immediately then if I was the GM. and I'd fire the GM right away too if I was the president
    he does not play them in domestic league either.
    I'm wondering what he thinks he will do in the EL with this roster. becoming 10th instead of 15th?
    besides, these kids probably cannot do worse than some of the expats in the team.
    I watched Es-es vs Efes game, Onuralp Bitim entered the game in the first half and he found 5 points in transitions; unfortunately other Efes players ignored him on offence. He seem confident and his shooting stroke is almost exellent.

Hope he`ll take the Furkan route and leave soon. Banvit or Beşiktaş might be nice fits

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    Hope he`ll take the Furkan route and leave soon. Banvit or Beşiktaş might be nice fits
    Sarıca's team is a disaster for every young player just like Ene's. But I agree about Banvit, plus Karşıyaka, Kunter's GS, Giresun could be other options. However it is still too early for this kind of move I think.

Sarıca's team is a disaster for every young player just like Ene's. But I agree about Banvit, plus Karşıyaka, Kunter's GS, Giresun could be other options. However it is still too early for this kind of move I think.
    yeah, it's a bit early... maybe Perasovic will be sacked soon

For talents like Bitim, I don't get why it's such a big deal to give them playing time. They'll do fine at 16 or 18. He did pretty well as you said in TBL game and I was counting seconds to maybe see him again, but of course it did not happen.

with this current approach, Hido or Mirsad would never become serious players. They both were taking serious roles at 18 yo, and sometimes tuning the games over. I still remember Mirsad's bringng us the win in Athens by coming out-of-nowhere. Memo would be playing in 2nd league. Ibo would be getting 5mpg.

so..
    Yiğit Arslan getting lost week after week, hope him to escape from Ene as soon as possible
    Trifunovic is a nice detail, Turen and Karahan getting better, a bit disappointed with Ugurlu and Güven, it is sad to see them in the bottom of the league
    J. Birsen awakening, a rebounding machine (one of the league's top rebounder so far)
    Enes Taşkıran groving up every week
    Mert Çevik played some nice games
    Ogulcan Baykan made some flames
    Ege Arar is a huge disappointment so far.
    Obradovic and Perasovic doesn't trust youngters obviously. As a Fener fan I want Arna and Duran to go on loan just like Ugurlu next year at least.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12