Crvena Zvezda 2017/2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    I think we should make an effort to add Ben Bentil. He played at Providence and was drafted by the Celtics but couldn't cut it in NBA and has bounced around the D-League.

I think he can be a good add for us and has a good skillset to play a stretch PF for us, and still be a great rebounding presence and in transition. He was a bad defender but is quite athletic and with some scheme and discipline he would be a decent defender.

It sounds like Kenny Gabriel
    Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
    Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
    Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
    Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
      It sounds like Kenny Gabriel
      He is much stronger and bigger inside presence. On the other hand, Gabriel is probably a better defender at this point. The issue with Bentil is discipline and effort on defense. It's not an issue of athleticism or skillset.

Comment

• Quinn Cook is a FA again.There were some talks last year but he was to expensive for a back up PG.Maybe he might be afordable as a first option? Coach what do you think?
        Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
        SG/PG: Walden
        SG: Loyd
        SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
        SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
        PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
        PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
        C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• Originally posted by Gudura View Post
          Quinn Cook is a FA again.There were some talks last year but he was to expensive for a back up PG.Maybe he might be afordable as a first option? Coach what do you think?
          Him and Axel Toupane were releaced today, both great options and not a bad situation to find them in Europe
          2022/2023:
          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

Quinn Cook is a FA again.There were some talks last year but he was to expensive for a back up PG.Maybe he might be afordable as a first option? Coach what do you think?
            He will take a part in the NBA.

Comment

I will tell u, Quinn Cook in a Zvezda, well that is a good joke..
              nuff said

Comment

• With Radonjic gone and FIBA approval, Amongst the first Red Star signings will most probably be Ryan Toolson from Zenit... Although he is weaker on defence, his scoring is famous and should lure in some other quality prospects/players to Zvezda as a sign of club's high ambitions for the season

Comment

• Toolson is great player but money...I doubt he will come to Zvezda.

Comment

• What we know so far, (with some expected signings) in terms of the roster:

PG - XXXXXX, Nikola Radicevic
                    SG - Ognjen Dobric, Branko Lazic, Petar Rakicevic, Stefan Lazarevic
                    SF - Nemanja Dangubic, Marko Keselj, Aleksa Radanov
                    PF - XXXXXX, Borisa Simanic, Dejan Davidovac
                    C - XXXXXX, Milko Bjelica, Djordje Gagic

This is how it looks like. We will have a lot of rotations at SG and SF positions since we have a huge number of players that can play both positions (Dobric, Lazic, Radanov, Rakicevic and Lazarevic are all SG/SF hybrids). We need a starting PG and C as a must and another PF that can defend and rebound, since I would be scared shitless with Simanic and Davidovac (both stretch types) being only PFs on the roster. Bjelica can substitute here as well, but I would prefer another player.

It's obvious that it will be a youth movement and something can be expected long term, but now it's goal to grow the kids and let them improve. I would give my all to add Pullen at PG and then bank my money on a strong defensive center, that can play PnR.
                    Last edited by CoachZ; 07-29-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• Coach, Rakicevic is a joke. I hope he will go to FMP.

We need 4 foreigners, replacements for Jovic, Jenkins, Simonovic and Kuzmic. Seems that fucking Gagic is fake info, Nikola Jovanovic is a target.

Foreigner, Radicevic
                      Foreigner, Lazic, Radanov
                      Dangubic, Dobric, fuckin Keselj
                      Foreigner, Jovanovic, Simanic
                      Foreigner, Bjelica

We have good and talented domestic players, but without 4 foreigners we are out.

Comment

• I think that Rakicevic should've played last year in FMP, that would've done wonders for his game. Trust me he is not a bad player, maybe not EL caliber yet but it would be wrong to give up on the kid with such a fantastic skillset and physical attributes. Especially since he seems like a OK kid, that was in a shitty situation.

Regarding Nikola Jovanovic, that would be GREAT! Sign him to a 3 year contract and give him Melli role. Plays both PF and C, and I think that longterm as a skilled C in Euroleague he will be a success. He had some great numbers in D-League compared to his role. He is a good guy to invest in. Gagic on the other hand

I have a feeling that we will not add a SG, since we will rotate in at that position Dobric, Lazic, Radanov. Too much is 4 foreigners/new players. I think if we add Jovanovic, we will go for 1 more big guy and a starting PG for sure. Everything on top of that will be a luxury.

Comment

• With good foreigners this would be a nice team
                          Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
                          SG/PG: Walden
                          SG: Loyd
                          SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
                          SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
                          PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
                          PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
                          C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• So happy for the two adds! Stefan Jankovic I wanted for the last 2 off-seasons and that is done. Jovanovic I thought would make it on a roster in NBA somewhere so I didn't even count him as a target. We get two guys in early twenties and we now have a frontcourt that can shoot, compared to last 3-4 years Jankovic, Jovanovic, Bjelica, Simanic, Davidovac all can shoot Maccabeo has to love this

Comment

• Boys Welcome to Zvezda!

Stefan Jankovic and Nikola Jovanovic both here on a 3 year contract!!! Both are PF/C players that can shoot from anywhere on the floor and especially Jankovic can do wonders with the ball in his hands for such a big guy. Porzingis Lite! Jovanovic is from Zvezda's youth system where he passed all the team selections and now he is back to start his pro career here. Melli-type of a player. So happy!

Comment

• And now Nikola Jovanovic:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information