• Thomas Robinson will replace Udoh. So, is it a downgrade? ��
      FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
      Wanamaker - Guduric - Melih
      Datome - Nunnally - Egehan
      Melli - Kalinic - Barış
      Vesely - Thompson - Ahmet

Comment

• Chacho signs 2+1 with CSKA, confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by archaz View Post
          Chacho signs 2+1 with CSKA, confirmed.
          2022/2023:
          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

• Originally posted by Black.Mamba View Post
            Thomas Robinson will replace Udoh. So, is it a downgrade? ��
            He is a completely different player than Udoh. He is a fantastic rebounder (he should be elite rebounder in EL right away), probably more athletic than Udoh but not as strong. He is not nearly as good defender. His main strength is that he is a great ballhandler for a big guy and he often isolates his defenders on top of the key and then takes the ball to the hoop (although he does it more often than he should). This was quite efficient in NBA BUT it will be an issue in Europe where zone defenses will take that away and defender bigs can camp in the paint. The problem comes with his offensive arsenal which is extremely limited and he cannot be a reliable scorer unless it's transition and second chance points from rebounds. He is not a good PnR player/target since his footwork kind of sucks and doesn't have the same feel for the. He is also a bad FT shooter.

He is a guy with skills but overall he is a worse player than Udoh. Different skillsets and for Fener's needs probably not the best fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by arelg View Post
              thanks bro
              you can say something else about him or that's it ?
              Basically he is a man who has great physical hardware to basketball and no operating system to achieve it. Has no brain at all...
              Turkish Cup Champion --->1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016
              Turkish League Champion --->1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
              Euroleague Champion --->2017
              Fenerbahçe 2018-2019®

• PG • Dixon/Kostas/Ennis
              • SG • Guduric/Güler/Mahmut
              • SF • Nunnally/Gigi/Arna
              • PF • Melli/Hersek/Kalinic
              • C • Vesely/El Dwairi/Lauvergne

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                He is a completely different player than Udoh. He is a fantastic rebounder (he should be elite rebounder in EL right away), probably more athletic than Udoh but not as strong. He is not nearly as good defender. His main strength is that he is a great ballhandler for a big guy and he often isolates his defenders on top of the key and then takes the ball to the hoop (although he does it more often than he should). This was quite efficient in NBA BUT it will be an issue in Europe where zone defenses will take that away and defender bigs can camp in the paint. The problem comes with his offensive arsenal which is extremely limited and he cannot be a reliable scorer unless it's transition and second chance points from rebounds. He is not a good PnR player/target since his footwork kind of sucks and doesn't have the same feel for the. He is also a bad FT shooter.

He is a guy with skills but overall he is a worse player than Udoh. Different skillsets and for Fener's needs probably not the best fit.
                I don't know his defence. I watch his monthly videos on Youtube. I can say that he has much better offensive skills than Udoh. Great ball-handler, good passer, excellent face up moves, good back to basket moves, good finisher in the paint, great offensive rebounder who can find 6-7 second chance points per game. Offensively he seems better than Udoh but I don't have any idea about his defence. We will see but I don't think that he is worse as well...
                FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
                Melli - Kalinic - Barış

Comment

I don't know his defence. I watch his monthly videos on Youtube. I can say that he has much better offensive skills than Udoh. Great ball-handler, good passer, excellent face up moves, good back to basket moves, good finisher in the paint, great offensive rebounder who can find 6-7 second chance points per game. Offensively he seems better than Udoh but I don't have any idea about his defence. We will see but I don't think that he is worse as well...
                  You have to trust Zeliko. He won't sign some one against his Philosophy
                  2022/2023:

Comment

I don't know his defence. I watch his monthly videos on Youtube. I can say that he has much better offensive skills than Udoh. Great ball-handler, good passer, good back to basket plays, good finisher in the paint, great offensive rebounder who can find 6-7 second chance points per game. Offensively he seems better than Udoh but I don't have any idea about his defence. We will see but I don't think that he is worse as well...
                    He is an OK passer, yes around the basket he can be useful and off of rebounds as I said. He has no shot and can't realize FTs since he will be hacked in Europe. He would be very good if his PnR was good which is not. Like I said he can finish well with ball in his hands BUT again in NBA illegal defense in the paint is banned so that opens those lanes. Do you think that will be the case in Europe? No.

Also his willingness to go out and take guys in isolation doesn't really scream Center, it's more of a PF. I am not saying that he is a bad player, just a different one than Udoh. I don't think he can give you 10-15 points on the regular, but he will clean the boards always and help in transition.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy M View Post
                      You have to trust Zeliko. He won't sign some one against his Philosophy
                      Sure...

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                      He is an OK passer, yes around the basket he can be useful and off of rebounds as I said. He has no shot and can't realize FTs since he will be hacked in Europe. He would be very good if his PnR was good which is not. Like I said he can finish well with ball in his hands BUT again in NBA illegal defense in the paint is banned so that opens those lanes. Do you think that will be the case in Europe? No.

Also his willingness to go out and take guys in isolation doesn't really scream Center, it's more of a PF. I am not saying that he is a bad player, just a different one than Udoh. I don't think he can give you 10-15 points on the regular, but he will clean the boards always and help in transition.
                      My friend, I don't waste my time with thinking these kind of details, you know. If Obradovic wants him, it means already knows how to use him. And we know that Obradovic will get the maximum performance from Robinson. Why should I care what he is capable of or not? It's Obradovic gotta think about that. I will just watch and enjoy our back to back tittle in Belgrade. That's my only job and the only thing I will do. You know pretty well already...
                      FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
                      Melli - Kalinic - Barış

Comment

Sure...

My friend, I don't waste my time with thinking these kind of details, you know. If Obradovic wants him, it means already knows how to use him. And we know that Obradovic will get the maximum performance from Robinson. Why should I care what he is capable of or not? It's Obradovic gotta think about that. I will just watch and enjoy our back to back tittle in Belgrade. That's my only job and the only thing I will do. You know pretty well already...
                        So basically you don't care about the basketball, you just want to party and look at the trophy? Got it

We should just open a sub-forum The Trophy Room and post Obradovic GIFs there.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                          So basically you don't care about the basketball, you just want to party and look at the trophy? Got it

We should just open a sub-forum The Trophy Room and post Obradovic GIFs there.
                          Well, I used to question his decisions and got my lesson pretty well. I can't dare anymore.

It's ok to talk what a new signing can do, what he can't. But when you dive in his contribution to our team, I don't have anything to say because I can't know what Obradovic thinks, can't know how Obradovic will use him. Coach knows what to do better than everybody and I can't judge him. Because I know that he will succeed in the end...
                          FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
                          Melli - Kalinic - Barış

Comment

Well, I used to question his decisions and got my lesson pretty well. I can't dare anymore.

It's ok to talk what a new signing can do, what he can't. But when you dive in his contribution to our team, I don't have anything to say because I can't know what Obradovic thinks, can't know how Obradovic will use him. Coach knows what to do better than everybody and I can't judge him. Because I know that he will succeed in the end...
                            He is not an almighty powerful god, he is a great coach but even he has his ups and downs. After all the same guy brought Bennet to Fener and got shit out of him. We can also discuss whether he is getting the max out of some other players on the roster as well. Does anybody believe that Sloukas is being used to the full of his abilities and is playing at the peak of his powers. Many other examples as well. He is a great coach but makes little sense to think that basically anybody who Fener signs is automatically gonna fit it and do well, since Obradovic is a magician or something.

He has made a lot of mistakes over his career. He is not an almighty force that can do no wrong...

Comment

• More crazy rumors flying around. Pedro Martinez as a possible coaching replacement for Radonjic in Zvezda. I would love that to be honest but I think there is very little truth in that.

Comment

• Will Cummings zu Darusafaka
                                2022/2023:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information