Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990
Results 1,781 to 1,784 of 1784

Thread: Euroleague / Club competition 2017-18: Summer Signings & Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by CoachZ View Post
    He would be a perfect fit in Oly and a replacement for Lojeski. He is a lights out shooter, extremely quick release and deadly from 3pt line (shot 42% from 3 in D-League and is a D-League 3pt contest champion). He plays SF spot and is quite strong and long and can defend the perimeter with efficiency, even if he switches onto bigger guys they will not push him around. He is a perfect Lojeski replacement and he would fit in their system perfectly.

He does have a lot of weaknesses too but it's irrelevant if his role is 3&D Wing players. He is not a great penetrator, he can't shoot that well off dribble (he is a catch'n'shoot and spot up guy) and he can't create his own offense or for others. In that sense he is very similar to Lojeski. I think that Oly can get a bargain with him and he will give them a lot of quality minutes.
    Olympiakos needs a tall penetrator, if these are his characteristics I wouldn't sign him. He lost to Pana mainly for that reason, no sg-sf available to break the opponent's defence, only shooting and again shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    Olympiakos needs a tall penetrator, if these are his characteristics I wouldn't sign him. He lost to Pana mainly for that reason, no sg-sf available to break the opponent's defence, only shooting and again shooting.
    They don't play that kind of basketball in the first place. They spread you and than ask V-Span to attack inside and kick the ball out. Also K-Pap is a guy that can attack the basket. On the other hand they do struggle in terms of shooting, especially when Billy is not going...
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Quote Originally Posted by ronmercer80 View Post
    We didn't lose because we kept shooting, we lost because we weren't making them. Every team will probably gamble on Papanikolaou and Papapetrou's shooting and they're the definition of streaky.
    If we can space the floor better, penetration will be easier.

I think the priority for whomever replaced Lojeski was always to be a good shooter.
    We wanted penetration from our point guard, that's why Jackson was the first target, Larkin and McColum the next ones etc. We just couldn't get those guys.

Hey, a question for NBA wathers. What do you think of Jeff Withey? If he comes over Europe, can he make an impact? Didn't watch him but stats says he is a great defender.

Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4080888990