Anadolu Efes 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by okanial View Post
    Sadly, when Efes started to spend money, fener merged with Ulker and Besiktas also invested. And there is this pathetic understanding in Turkey that you should support Fb, Gs or Bjk no matter what evennifb you're not from istanbul you've never been there or you never watch a game from them. Because ofnthis Efes lost all his fanbase. Success doesnt come without a fanbase since your homecourt is not homecourt.

But Efes shouldn't merge with any club. There shouldn't be monopoly of those 3 istanbul club in every sport. I'm sure if eczacibasi or vakifbank hone bad in a few years people would say merge with one of them. What Efes needs is to accept failiure for a few years and bring together a core of youngsters.

Perasovic needs to go. Huertel and honeycutt also needs to go. I don't have a problem with the rest but other than Dunston none of the foreigners are important for me. I'd like to get Ataman as the coach actually only if he is up to a rebuild.
    Perasovic is good coach but problem with him is that he will always be just a good coach. He will never be the best and he will never win EL except if Real Barca or CSKA make 50 milion team and call him to sit on the bench.
    But, Efes maybe needs exactly such coach because targets are very modest. I thought that Perasovic will bring from Laboral wisdom in market decisions, but seems that Laboral roster that almost made EL final game wasn't upon his decisions but someone there who is much more clever then him. He doesn't have that kind of support in Efes and never will.
    Perasovic is top Eurocup level coach and maybe the best for all is that Efes give up licence and try to win Eurocup for the start.

Comment

One question for all...
      Did anybody saw smile on the face of any Efes player this season?
      Brown, Honeycatt, Thomas looks like robots during game but they don't play like robots, far from that, mistakes are their second name

Comment

12 out of 17 replies in this topic are fener fans with complex.

Haha so sad
        Good luck to Efes!

Comment

johnny, are you a professional clown or doing it as a hobby?
          Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
            ...and maybe the best for all is that Efes give up licence and try to win Eurocup for the start.
            or maybe field the following team in EL, and do not give a damn despite ending up with a 2-28 season (more likely to be around 10-20):

Wilbekin, Balbay
            Korkmaz, Mutaf, Taskiran, Bitim
            Osman, Ulubay
            Brown, Arar, Demir
            Dunston, Kirk, Guven

Not gonna happen. but I'd buy season ticket for Efes if they did, even if I cannot actually go there.
            5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Do you guys think Zalgris or Zvezda or Baskonia should give up? Why should Efes? Galatasaray had almost a similar budget and failed much much harder. I`d like to see the roster Levenspiel suggested. I`d definetely pay for to see it.

Obradovic won`t stay for long in FB, even if he stays until the end of his career, it will be like 10 years. I`m pretty sure most Fener fans will forget about basketball and turn back to football when the success gone. The reason Efes is loved and followed without a crazy fanbase is Turkish players. Efes doesn`t have many fans going to the game. Now imagine the number without Cedi. There wouldn`t be almost any fan going to watch. If he won`t stay next season, Efes will need a new face. Korkmaz can be that face but if he is going too Efes will need a guy like Bitim or Ulubay to build upon. I,d much rather Ulubay since he showed what he can do this season before going to Daçka and he will not go to NBA anytime probably.

As far as merging, after threating Karşıyaka because of whole town voting no in the elections, Pınar might lose the sponsorship. If that would be the case I`d like Efes Karşıyaka as a basketball team actually. Izmir would provide enough fans to Efes a good development program which would also diversify basketball from Istanbul. That`d be the only merging I`d imagine as a win for Efes. Because otherwise they would share the same ending with Ãœlker which is fading away into oblivion after a few years

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                or maybe field the following team in EL, and do not give a damn despite ending up with a 2-28 season (more likely to be around 10-20):

Wilbekin, Balbay
                Korkmaz, Mutaf, Taskiran, Bitim
                Osman, Ulubay
                Brown, Arar, Demir
                Dunston, Kirk, Guven

Not gonna happen. but I'd buy season ticket for Efes if they did, even if I cannot actually go there.
                Only 4 foreigners? You are right, that's not gonna happen.

Comment

A team representing a company is a disgrace to sports... Just as those Red Bull teams in football. Actually Efes is worse - they are managed worse in every aspect, never ventured into another city than Istanbul (in İzmir they would have a solid fan base by now), they didn't build a gym. They raised some good players while there were 2 players foreigner limit and abused Turkish championship, with total support from the federation and government.
                  Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                  Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                  Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                  Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Moving Efes to Izmir is good idea. But just like Levenspiel roster, that's not gonna happen too.

Comment

As a Fener fan, I would say that I don't like Efes and the club was not the reason that I started to follow basketball in late 90's. On the other hand, a strong Efes and rivalry between Efes and Fener is what we need to make each other push for higher levels. If I were in the management, I would go for Saras with 3 years contract and let him rebuild as he likes. For sure the benefits would exceed costs for both. I must also say that Saras is one of my heroes and I would hate to see him as a regular rival's coach.

Comment

Efes should move to Konya
                        IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
                        Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
                        Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
                        Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
                        Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                          A team representing a company is a disgrace to sports... Just as those Red Bull teams in football. Actually Efes is worse - they are managed worse in every aspect, never ventured into another city than Istanbul (in İzmir they would have a solid fan base by now), they didn't build a gym. They raised some good players while there were 2 players foreigner limit and abused Turkish championship, with total support from the federation and government.
                          what do you think of Vakifbank? or Eczacibasi? Was it a disgrace for them to win CEV Champions league 4 times? and other cups and finals? Was Efes's Korac cup a disgrace for Turkish sports? the first ever cup won by a Turkish team in any team sport?

yes, it's weird that company's have teams, but to me it's more weird that those teams have been the leaders in most non-football branches, and then the other big clubs followed.

I think you expected me to respond any way, but I won't go into debate mode. Efes is a company in the end, but did a lot more than just being a company. a bit of gratitude and less of poisonous hate would be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
                            Efes should move to Konya
                            LoL

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                              what do you think of Vakifbank? or Eczacibasi? Was it a disgrace for them to win CEV Champions league 4 times? and other cups and finals? Was Efes's Korac cup a disgrace for Turkish sports? the first ever cup won by a Turkish team in any team sport?

yes, it's weird that company's have teams, but to me it's more weird that those teams have been the leaders in most non-football branches, and then the other big clubs followed.

I think you expected me to respond any way, but I won't go into debate mode. Efes is a company in the end, but did a lot more than just being a company. a bit of gratitude and less of poisonous hate would be nice.
                              Sports teams have clear aims: being successful, promoting that sport and making fans happy. Advertising a brand and creating financial profit by getting rid of taxes shouldn't be the ultimate goal of a team. This is what sponsorship is for. In the past I'll admit company teams did a good job of promoting basketball and volleyball, although that wasn't their purpose. Today, at least in basketball, there is no need for companies to pour millions to teams that almost no one cares about.

We shouldn't criticize company teams because "they were here first"? I disagree. By the way it is not like it was only Efes and no one else, but they were the leaders because we didn't have even remotely close financial power to compete. When the gap was closed, company teams one by one went down.

And "a bit of gratitude" part, well Efes lost remnants of my gratitude after stealing a championship with the cathine incident. Though I guess you'll deny that.
                              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                                Sports teams have clear aims: being successful, promoting that sport and making fans happy. Advertising a brand and creating financial profit by getting rid of taxes shouldn't be the ultimate goal of a team. This is what sponsorship is for. In the past I'll admit company teams did a good job of promoting basketball and volleyball, although that wasn't their purpose. Today, at least in basketball, there is no need for companies to pour millions to teams that almost no one cares about.

We shouldn't criticize company teams because "they were here first"? I disagree. By the way it is not like it was only Efes and no one else, but they were the leaders because we didn't have even remotely close financial power to compete. When the gap was closed, company teams one by one went down.

And "a bit of gratitude" part, well Efes lost remnants of my gratitude after stealing a championship with the cathine incident. Though I guess you'll deny that.
                                do you think companies that invest money for the sports cut that amount from taxes?
                                Republic of FENERBAHÇE

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information