No announcement yet.

Anadolu Efes 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again a really bad decision by Efes management by signing Birkan Batuk, he is really an average player for the TBL and a really poor player for a Euroleague team, they could have kept Mutaf instead or even better give Onural Bitim some time or sign Baygul..

I'm getting more and more frustrated with Efes management and start to like the archrivals Fener

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakz View Post
      Again a really bad decision by Efes management by signing Birkan Batuk, he is really an average player for the TBL and a really poor player for a Euroleague team, they could have kept Mutaf instead or even better give Onural Bitim some time or sign Baygul..

I'm getting more and more frustrated with Efes management and start to like the archrivals Fener
      Batuk is very bad shoter but if Perasovic limits his attempts he could be usefull for 5 minutes per game.

Comment

• Yeah but he cannot do anything else. He is no good defender, he cannot drive. They can aswell give those minutes to some youngster..

Comment

• Originally posted by Nakz View Post
          Yeah but he cannot do anything else. He is no good defender, he cannot drive. They can aswell give those minutes to some youngster..
          Yes, that is our reality last 10 years. Morons and mediocres get high salaries while talents vanish

Comment

• Batuk is on CoachZ favorite players list. Respect him.

Comment

• I remember Perasovic as a player, he wasn't too much better then Batuk in other segments, only much better shoter. Actually milion times better shoter because BAtuk is brick thrower and shame for basketball as profession.

But, he could be usefull for 5 minutes per game. If he gets more then that then Perasovic is idiot par exelans

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
                I remember Perasovic as a player, he wasn't too much better then Batuk in other segments, only much better shoter. Actually milion times better shoter because BAtuk is brick thrower and shame for basketball as profession.

But, he could be usefull for 5 minutes per game. If he gets more then that then Perasovic is idiot par exelans
                I've always thought perasovic prefered Batuk over Osman. Because Batuk didn't use the ball and just pass it back to Huertel and when Huertel screw up he was there to make a catch and shoot in the last second to protect Huertels stats

Comment

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
                  I think you might be making a mistake when you say we don't have a talent at the level of Bekir Yarangüme etc. These guys were getting playing time due to foreigner limit and our teams were in a worse situation as can be seen by the sudden increased success of Turkish teams in Europe. So we are not better in terms of overall player quality, but we are not significantly worse too, it's just that now no serious Turkish team can afford to give mediocre Turkish players more playing time than they "deserve" - it means no European success or no domestic success, or worse, relegation. One alternative to that is to use young Turkish prospects, as Yeşilgiresun did - you know you won't be the champion, but those young guys' performance/price ratio is always better than "pay me or won't play" Semih Erden.
                  Sorry I missed this. "them getting playing time" is the whole idea I'm advocating. it makes players better, or at least make them show their potential. Yarangume was the starting SG of a decent EuroCup level team (Telekom) and previously with TED, making 20+ppg, yet he was not even called to NT. I think he was later in a few prelim rosters, and then he could only play small roles in some tournaments. Can you imagine a Turkish player today cracking that level, and not being called to NT?

Today, we may have the same or better talent potential, but we cannot actually confirm or deny it, as most of the prospects are not tested. Therefore, the pool of proven NT-level players is too shallow.

EL teams going for the best players is understandable if the local ones do not cut it (they also waste the talents, Ulubay case in Dacka, Furkan case at Efes etc...) but the rest of the TBL was disaster, except for two maybe three teams. The worst team of the league last season, by far, TED Kolejliler, used almost exclusively foreigners all the season (many games with 4 foreigners x 40mins, later on 6 foreigners x about 30mpg), and they ended up with a 2-28 record . Tofas and Karsiyaka was especially guilty, as they have quite a lot of non-used talents in their rosters.
                  5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Did efes sign Stimac guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Simay View Post
                      Did efes sign Stimac guys?
                      not officially. many people are counting him and Tolga Gecim from Banvit in Efes's roster for the next year, but I don't know where this information comes from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                        not officially. many people are counting him and Tolga Gecim from Banvit in Efes's roster for the next year, but I don't know where this information comes from.
                        Many people talk about Stimac but it's the first time I hear about Tolga Gecim, a player who I like much but I don't think he will have many minutes if he comes.
                        la piscine, j'adore la piscine! towels, sunscreens, bathing suits. diving boards and towels. those ladders, towels.

Comment

• Why didn't Stimac sign, yet?
                          2022/2023:
                          PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
                          SG: Baldwin, Hollins
                          SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
                          PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
                          PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                            Geçim rumors are not credible IMO. Banvit asks nearly 1 million $ buy-out for him. Also, Efes has Ledo and Batukas there. Even if they would like to add him to roster, the buy-out is too high for a player who is going to be third option in that position. Stimac's transfer has also became into a long winded story. I think Efes is looking for other options. They have second thoughts on Stimac.
                            Sports is not only considered as a superiority of physical capability. Perception, intelligence and morality assist it as well. The strong with less intelligence and comprehension can not cope with the less strong but with sufficient intelligence and comprehension. I like the sportsman who is intelligent, agile as well as morally upright.
                            Mustafa Kemal ATATURK

Comment

• Is there anybody who can explain how Efes looked like in those preparation games. It seems to me that they have a better team than last year.
                              What about Dunston, Muric and Simon?
                              Will they play in Euroleague?

I see on prediction page that everybody is giving big advantage to Real.
                              Last edited by Lyonswim; 10-09-2017, 11:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lyonswim View Post
                                Is there anybody who can explain how Efes looked like in those preparation games. It seems to me that they have a better team than last year.
                                What about Dunston, Muric and Simon?
                                Will they play in Euroleague?

I see on prediction page that everybody is giving big advantage to Real.
                                Efes looks like crap at the moment, mostly because of guards. We'll see if it will improve.
                                the fanbase is depressed and is talking about relegation

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information