This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread: New to here, just wanna say hi

What's up everyone. I am new to the site, and from now on I will be visiting the site pretty often.

Hey miaomiao, I decided to make your introduction thread the introduction thread for this forum, hope you don't mind. Cheers _stuart
    Last edited by stuart; 06-18-2006, 05:03 PM.

Hey man, welcome to Interbasket. You can get a lot
    of good Bball news here. I look forward to your posts.
    take care

Comment

Introduction

Welcome miaomiao...

Looking forward to your perspective. How about a little something about you? Where are you from? How old are you? How did you find the site? What do you like about the site? Do you play basketball? Etc etc..

Again, welcome!

Stuart
      http://www.facebook.com/interbasket
      http://www.twitter.com/interbasket
      http://www.interbasket.net

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
        Welcome miaomiao...

Looking forward to your perspective. How about a little something about you? Where are you from? How old are you? How did you find the site? What do you like about the site? Do you play basketball? Etc etc..

Again, welcome!

Stuart
        Sure, let me introduce myself a little bit. I am 23, 6'4', 175 lbs , born in Shanghai, China. I went to sports acadmy in Shanghai when I was 14. And trained basketball for two years and decided to quit because I found out myself wasn't competitive enough to play pro. Then I came to the states by myself at 16. And went to high school here, currently a undergra in the college and graduating soon. I live in Boston btw. Recently, I start to play basketball more and more again. I want to get back in shape again because it feels good to dominate on the court when you play ball with someone.
        And I really like the site. Tn the future, I will definitely post some of my pespectives and I will visit here regularly.

Comment

Hey, welcome.

There is a Chinese dude named Michael Dong playing for Brandeis University in Boston. I went to one of their games but he didnt get to play and I arrived after half time so I didn't get to see him practice. Have you played with him? Just wondering since he obviously was also an ex-sports school graduate from Beijing. He's 6-10 BTW, so how he can't get minutes in Division III NCAA is beyond me.
          aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
            Hey, welcome.

There is a Chinese dude named Michael Dong playing for Brandeis University in Boston. I went to one of their games but he didnt get to play and I arrived after half time so I didn't get to see him practice. Have you played with him? Just wondering since he obviously was also an ex-sports school graduate from Beijing. He's 6-10 BTW, so how he can't get minutes in Division III NCAA is beyond me.
            So, you went to Boston before? I have heard of the name before. And I think he is also playing in Boston Knights. But I didn't know he is from Beijing. And I never played with him before.

BTW, does anyone knows Aron Xia? He is the only chinese playing in Division I NCAA, he is also my roomate at the shanghai sports acadmy long time ago. For 6'8' and 240 lbs, he definitly has the built for NBA. Here is a link:

Last edited by miaomiao; 06-01-2006, 07:48 PM.

Comment

No, I never went to Boston, though I would love to visit. I just went to one of Brandei's away games, and I had no idea I would see a 6-10 Chinese sitting on the bench before I went. I take it that Boston Knight refers to the team participating in Chinese-American tournaments.

Wow, you were Xia's roommate? Awesome, are you still in touch? We had an "Asians in NCAA" thread before this forum was hit by a tsunami. Yes, from some of the photos I've seen Xia is unusually strong for a Chinese guy, but apparently he also has trouble getting minutes in perhaps one of the worst Division I teams in the country. I would love to see how Xia measures up against his former Asian teammates though, he seems to rebound well in limited minutes given.
              aim low, score high

Comment

Originally posted by stuart
                Welcome miaomiao...

Again, welcome!

Stuart
                It may be time for the new member introduction thread to re-appear on IBN and since you are the head guy, I'll let u start it
                2008... Beijing, China
                2010... Vancouver, Canada
                2012... London, United Kingdom
                2014... Shoci, Russian Federation
                2016... Madrid, Chicago, Tokyo???

Comment

Originally posted by sinobball
                  No, I never went to Boston, though I would love to visit. I just went to one of Brandei's away games, and I had no idea I would see a 6-10 Chinese sitting on the bench before I went. I take it that Boston Knight refers to the team participating in Chinese-American tournaments.

Wow, you were Xia's roommate? Awesome, are you still in touch? We had an "Asians in NCAA" thread before this forum was hit by a tsunami. Yes, from some of the photos I've seen Xia is unusually strong for a Chinese guy, but apparently he also has trouble getting minutes in perhaps one of the worst Division I teams in the country. I would love to see how Xia measures up against his former Asian teammates though, he seems to rebound well in limited minutes given.
                  I know men. This is sports discrimination. Why not let Asains play in the game??
                  You heard of Boston Knights too? You really know a lot of information and you are right, Boston Knighs was in the NACBA(North America Chinese Basketball Assoiciation)tournament before. And I just start playing for Boston Hurricanes now, not sure if you heard of Boston Hurricanes. My goal in one year, dominating everyone in the league

I talked to Aron Xia a long time ago. Almost five years ago. And he just moved to the states at that time, and we didn't really talk much. Too bad I lost his phone number when I was in high school. So we lost contact for many years already. I want talk to him again to see how he is doing, but I dont know how can I get in touch with him now. I really miss the time when I was in Shanghai sports acadmy and I also played with Liu Wei before too. The point guard from Shanghai Sharks.
                  Last edited by miaomiao; 06-02-2006, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Introduces oneself ~ hello!

Hello! I am come from China's basket fans, extremely hoped can know
                    the overseas friends!I AM A STUDENT MYAge:20;Myself height: 188cm, I can SLAM DUNK!!!
                    This is my first on foreign country stand, asks everybody to help!

I most like team: Chinese team; Hueston rocket!
                    PLAYERS:YAOMING YIJIANLIAN DUFENG ZHUFANGYU(CHINA)
                    TIM DENCAN VECI CATER PUAL PAERCI(AMERICA) TONI PAKER(FRANCE)

AND THIS IS MY LIKE BEST PICTURE OF BASKETBALL!In 2005 Asian man basketball championship tournament China vs South
                    Korea

Last edited by CHINA TEAM; 06-18-2006, 09:02 AM.
                    Go~Air YI,Aaia is not enough space for you!~
                    ]

Comment

2005.9.15,China 93-49 South Korea
                      [18-24,30-9,29-2,16-14]
                      Yi Jianlian>Ha Seung Jin
                      11Points+7Rebounds>6Points+2Rebounds

Comment

Originally posted by Kings

2005.9.15,China 93-49 South Korea
                        [18-24,30-9,29-2,16-14]
                        Yi Jianlian>Ha Seung Jin
                        11Points+7Rebounds>6Points+2Rebounds
                        Yes! That field competed YIJIANLIAN comprehensively to crush the
                        (Ha Seung Jin--Sino) , he had 4 times of SLAM DUNK, moreover 2 all were
                        in the (Ha Seung Jin--Sino) top of the head! The fact certificate easily has
                        the prospect compared to the (Ha Seung Jin--Sino) in N B A! ! !
                        Last edited by sinobball; 06-18-2006, 06:39 PM.
                        ]

Comment

Hi everybody!

I've been reading the forum for quite some time, but decided to register just now. These days I'm reading a lot about NT's that will go to Japan, and it's good to see comments from readers who actually live in respective countries.

I'm living in Russia, working as a basketball journalist. In Asian part of the country, actually, and I get to travel in China quite often.

Comment

HEY~The Russian friend!
                            Really! ? Which cities of china do you frequently arrive ?
                            ]

Comment

Welcome Fripp Moe.
                              aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information