PBA's Unforgetable Moments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBA's Unforgetable Moments

Its nice to look back and talk about some of the PBA's most memorable moments. i know there are too many to mention but you can at least tell us one and let us bring the good old days..

My first on the list is the controversial rumble by the Shell Rimula X and the Swift Mighty Meaty Hotdogs way back in the 90's.
    it started when the controversial import of Swift, Ronnie Thompkins throws a ball straight into the face of Ricky Relosa while battling for a looseball out of bounds action. both parties were charged into Technical Fouls, but when Ronnie Thompkins is about to take the Technical Freethrows, Ricky Relosa on his blind side, " binatukan sa bumbuman " and that started the Cops and Robbers action upto the Bench of Shell.
    after that " rumble " many players were suspended and fined by former commisioner Jun Bernardino.
    Last edited by thugpinoy; 08-08-2007, 08:30 PM.
    Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

The sahod/nudge of Rudy Distrito to Jeff Cariaso who was supposed to lay-up.

Comment

Originally posted by YinkaDare
      The sahod/nudge of Rudy Distrito to Jeff Cariaso who was supposed to lay-up.

yeah.. that one happened during All Filipino Cup, it was the 1st Conference then. Rudy Distrito was suspended for the rest of the season without pay.. too bad
      Last edited by thugpinoy; 08-08-2007, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I do remember a lot of memorable game in the PBA but the most that makes me so happy when Rudy Distrito made that jumper for Ginebra to claim the championship against Shell. That was game 7, down from being 1-3 standing. :-)

Comment

the dying second shot of Bal David during the 1999 PBA Playoffs [no.1 Mobiline vs. no.8 Ginebra], the shot that made Asi Taulava cry.
          It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
          I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

SMB vs. Ginebra .... The bal david half-court winning shot....

Comment

How about Johnny Abarrientos versus import Stevin Smith? Both players were shoot-out I remember Abarrientos a.k.a. the Flying A reverse layup over the Swift import. And then final seconds the regulation Stevin fade-away 3pt shot and seal to win by 1pt. Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by fren_ph
                I do remember a lot of memorable game in the PBA but the most that makes me so happy when Rudy Distrito made that jumper for Ginebra to claim the championship against Shell. That was game 7, down from being 1-3 standing. :-)
                it was a kneeling shot.. more of a hail mary shot.. after making that basket.. he ran straight to jawo while crying.. i remember that.. i was still in grade 1 or kinder ( dont remember ) but what i remember clearly was when the destroyer made that shot.. the whole street ( i mean lahat ng kapitbahay namin ) screamed and shouted..
                Last edited by thugpinoy; 08-09-2007, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
                  the dying second shot of Bal David during the 1999 PBA Playoffs [no.1 Mobiline vs. no.8 Ginebra], the shot that made Asi Taulava cry.

yeah Mobiline with twice to beat advantage.. actually that was a set-up play for Vergel Meneses, but Bal being double teamed after the inbound and got lucky to got a little space when he pivoted.

Comment

tony harris 105 "buwakaw" points

Comment

Originally posted by snipes12
                      tony harris 105 "buwakaw" points
                      hehe.. it happened in an out of town game.. ( in pampanga? not sure ) against Ginebra.

Comment

Ginebra's 197 points behind Michael Hackett's 103 points!!!

Comment

Do you remember Robert Jaworski's punch Jojo Lastimosa's stomach during Jawo's lost to Purefoods game?

Comment

Another, during Purefoods and San Miguel in the 80's. San Miguels Samboy Lim drove on to airing in the sky and then Purefoods Jojo Lastimosa's hit to foul him and then Samboy rolled at 180 from his head to bottom. When Samboy's landed from his head at the bottom and then very bad fall at the ground. He covered his face and blood spilled. The worst happened I had ever seen in the PBA. And then Samboy rushed to hospital.
                            Last edited by joel23; 08-10-2007, 03:57 PM.

Comment

when terry saldana broke his knees.

he was all alone on a layup and when he landed his knees was dislocated from his thigh.

sh*t i still remember that scene, he broke it sideways. but miraculously he did make a comeback but was never the same again.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information