Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine Basketball Pictures/Photos (Past and Present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by donmar View Post
    The tisoy is Antonio Martinez.. the team is indeed the London-bound 1948 RP Olympic Team coached by Dionisio Calvo... finished 12th???... it has the reputation of being the first ever national team to score over a 100 points in a single Olympic basketball game... its a game against Iraq...
    @donmar really knows all the "tisoys"
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

• Originally posted by pachador View Post
      kurt bachmann, the German-spanish tisoy was 6'4" while Caloy loyzaga the spanish-basque was 6'3". There is another tisoy giant from the 1950s. he was 6'6". you will soon know about him. achtung !
      Charlie Borck?
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolabasket View Post
        @donmar really knows all the "tisoys"
        lol!... I got my infos from the "Legends and Heroes" book... you've learn a lot if you read it...

sigpic

Comment

kurt bachmann, the German-spanish tisoy was 6'4" while Caloy loyzaga the spanish-basque was 6'3". There is another tisoy giant from the 1950s. he was 6'6". you will soon know about him. achtung !
          ok pach..identify the tisoys in this picture are those kurt and king caloy at the back row, the tallest 2?

<--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

• yes !! thats them the twin towers of the 50s bachmann and loyzaga, and the dark guy 3rd from the right standing, thats my inlaw, leonardo del pilar

Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper View Post
            ok pach..identify the tisoys in this picture are those kurt and king caloy at the back row, the tallest 2?

=========================================
            Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

• this 6'6" mestiso giant you've never heard before. you will soon learn who he is when the magazine article is published. after studying in philippines , he played in a big university in the US. just be patient i wll let you know

Originally posted by JonarSabilano View Post
              Charlie Borck?
              =========================================
              Anyone who wants to replace a coach because his dwarf team keeps losing against bigger teams is wishing for a miracle and should get a magician. A more practical solution is to get reinforcements unless one is content to wait a few more years in the hope that the dwarf players will grow wings and fly over their defenders. PBA reinforcements will not guarantee a championship, but it will guarantee close losses which is enough to make me happy.

Comment

• ---dp---
                Last edited by bolabasket; 02-16-2009, 08:53 AM.
                SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

this 6'6" mestiso giant you've never heard before. you will soon learn who he is when the magazine article is published. after studying in philippines , he played in a big university in the US. just be patient i wll let you know
                  it's been more than 6 months. maybe we've been patient enough.
                  Dead Lizard.

Comment

• jawo
                    guidaben
                    arnaiz
                    atoy co
                    yoyong
                    adornado
                    Dead Lizard.

Comment

• nicholas stoodley

a hastily put up selection of L.A.-based nba wanna-be's, nicholas stoodley (a jeans brand) were 1980 PBA invitational conference champions.
                      Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post

jawo
                        guidaben
                        arnaiz
                        atoy co
                        yoyong
                        adornado
                        sino ba yung yoyong?
                        trans: he's kinda familiar to me...
                        Make us Proud Team Pilipinas!
                        Special Force, the number 1 Military Online Game in the Philippines
                        Clan: LEGACYofWAR
                        http://sfclan.mygame.ph/myclan/clan_...id=LEGACYofWAR

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSpy_adobo View Post
                          sino ba yung yoyong?
                          trans: he's kinda familiar to me...
                          Yoyong Martirez, side kick of Vic sotto in some of his movies. Also he is the present vice mayor of Pasig city.

“Hindi ko na inaano ‘yun (mapasama sa pool) eh,” Santos said. “Kung susumahin mo ang buhay naming mga player, ‘san ba talaga ang first priority namin, ‘di ba? Ang first priority ko, dahil dito ko nakuha lahat ng kagandahan ng buhay ko at para sa pamilya ko, ang San Miguel. Alam naman ng lahat ‘yun. Ito ang dapat kong paglingkuran.”

Comment

• hehe... i really never thought that a joker like him is a past pba player...
                            thaks for the info..
                            Make us Proud Team Pilipinas!
                            Special Force, the number 1 Military Online Game in the Philippines
                            Clan: LEGACYofWAR
                            http://sfclan.mygame.ph/myclan/clan_...id=LEGACYofWAR

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueSpy_adobo View Post
                              hehe... i really never thought that a joker like him is a past pba player...
                              thaks for the info..
                              VERY GOOD POINT GUARD. EVEN FASTER THAN THE JAPANESE, KOREAN, CHINESE PG during their time. HE WAS FREAKIN FAST.

Comment

• A champion basketball team from an unidentified Kapampangan school with their teacher-coaches. Circa 1920s. source

Cavite High School Girls Basketball Team source

Girls Basketball at the 1911 Carnival Meet: Philippine Normal School vs Tondo Intermediate School. source

MANILA SPORTING GOODS CLUB TEAM. Carnival champions of 1925.source
                                Last edited by c_d; 02-24-2010, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information