Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine Basketball Pictures/Photos (Past and Present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bolabasket View Post
    PBA Brawl...

Hard foul....knockout (Fabiosa vs import Talley)

Baby Dalupan winning again with Great Taste

The original mighty mites - Mike Bilbao (left) and Yoyong Martirez (right)

Philip Cezar outrebounds Ed Cordero

Pioneer import Peter Crotty (1975)

Cyrus Mann vs Bernard Harris

Larry McNeil's reverse slam

Andrew Fields

Foxy Lary Mumar, sustaining a great family tradition, had a headstart on Rodolfo Lalota, Larry Pounds and Otto Moore

Reynaldo Franco split the sandwich defense of Adriano Papa and Reynaldo Alcantara.

SMB triple team on Fernandez

Johnny Revilla and Yoyong Martirez on a collision

Mon Fernandez, headed for a fall, and Philip Cezar appeared like ballet stars in a scramble for the ball.

Manny Paner

Manny Paner with David Pope and Jeff Moore
    The brawl looks like still photos from an action film Even coah Jaworski got a piece of the action

Comment

• Originally posted by bolabasket View Post
      PBA Brawl...

Hard foul....knockout (Fabiosa vs import Talley)

Baby Dalupan winning again with Great Taste

The original mighty mites - Mike Bilbao (left) and Yoyong Martirez (right)

Philip Cezar outrebounds Ed Cordero

Pioneer import Peter Crotty (1975)

Cyrus Mann vs Bernard Harris

Larry McNeil's reverse slam

Andrew Fields

Foxy Lary Mumar, sustaining a great family tradition, had a headstart on Rodolfo Lalota, Larry Pounds and Otto Moore

Reynaldo Franco split the sandwich defense of Adriano Papa and Reynaldo Alcantara.

SMB triple team on Fernandez

Johnny Revilla and Yoyong Martirez on a collision

Mon Fernandez, headed for a fall, and Philip Cezar appeared like ballet stars in a scramble for the ball.

Manny Paner

Manny Paner with David Pope and Jeff Moore
      Thanks for the photo man.. this is the PBA of old... not afraid to get injured.. fight for the ball in the floor or in the air.. unlike the PBA of today...

I like the Fabiosa vs. import Talley one... its like Fabiosa delivered the knockout blow or waiting for him to get up and deliver the knockout blow

sigpic

Comment

• Great pics, hopefully there's more to come, its feels good to reminiscent the past, Glory days of Philippine Basketball.

Comment

• are there any pics from the 90s?

Comment

• This one from PABL 1987, Magnolia winning the title.

Comment

• Somebody help me out please. Let's rewind to that photo of Fabiosa vs. Talley (allegedly).

Now, that fallen Toyota import has the #2 on his jersey. Didn't Archie Talley sport the number 13? (Again, paging all you retro trivia buffs there)

And I'm pretty sure that the 1981 conference where Talley debuted featured a new jersey design (based on the Denver Nuggets uni), which prominently featured the TAC (Toyota Athletic Club) logo on the shorts.

Bottom line is the front of the jersey had no other word on it except "TOYOTA", whereas this pic is obviously from another conference since it also reads "SILVER CORONAS" (it's plain to see on the late Arnie Tuadles' jersey).

So I suspect that this dude whom Fabiosa KO'd is somebody else (Julius Wayne?). Someone please confirm or correct this. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by insulares View Post
                Somebody help me out please. Let's rewind to that photo of Fabiosa vs. Talley (allegedly).

Now, that fallen Toyota import has the #2 on his jersey. Didn't Archie Talley sport the number 13? (Again, paging all you retro trivia buffs there)

And I'm pretty sure that the 1981 conference where Talley debuted featured a new jersey design (based on the Denver Nuggets uni), which prominently featured the TAC (Toyota Athletic Club) logo on the shorts.

Bottom line is the front of the jersey had no other word on it except "TOYOTA", whereas this pic is obviously from another conference since it also reads "SILVER CORONAS" (it's plain to see on the late Arnie Tuadles' jersey).

So I suspect that this dude whom Fabiosa KO'd is somebody else (Julius Wayne?). Someone please confirm or correct this. Thanks.

Julius Wayne who was originally an import of the U-tex Wranglers with Jersy #8 in 1983 was picked to replace Kevin Porter as Toyota's import in 1984 but this guy used Jersey #3.

I think it was Kevin Porter who wore Jersey #2 with Toyota even though at the NBA he is known to sport Jersey #1.

LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post

Julius Wayne who was originally an import of the U-tex Wranglers with Jersy #8 in 1983 was picked to replace Kevin Porter as Toyota's import in 1984 but this guy used Jersey #3.

I think it was Kevin Porter who wore Jersey #2 with Toyota even though at the NBA he is known to sport Jersey #1.
                  Awright...thanks for the heads-up, Nardy. So the fallen cager is definitely NOT Archie Talley.

Yeah, the Kevin Porter timeline makes more sense (closer to the demise of the Toyota franchise so that KO pose makes for a good metaphor ).

Porter was in the NBA record books at the time he resurfaced at the PBA. I believe at the time it was most assists in one game (29) during his tour of duty with the Portland Trailblazers.

Comment

• Originally posted by c_d View Post

R. Manulat of the Philippines takes a shot

M. Tolentino gets a basket for the Philippines

M. Tolentino (Philippines) is defended by M. Dunanulom (Thailand) source
                    Was this taken at the Ateneo's Blue Eagle Gym?

Comment

• Originally posted by pepman View Post
                      Was this taken at the Ateneo's Blue Eagle Gym?
                      No, these were actually from the 1956 Olympics in Melbourne (according to the source). The gym looks similar though.

Comment

• You've got to love those PBA Jerseys back then, I can't figure out why the PBA uniforms now almost had the same styles when they were all different brands.

Comment

• Photo 1: (main) Philippines vs. Estonia, 1936 Berlin Olympic Games; (small box) Philippines vs. Mexico, 1936 Berlin Olympic Games
                          Photo 2: Philippines vs. Italy, 1972 Munich Olympic Games
                          Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

• 1977 PBA MVP Awards Night at the Century Park Sheraton

Very Old Clip, Not so Clear, TRUST vs MOST, Big J was guarding Romy Cabading.

Arnaiz harasses Hubalde

Comment

• PHILIPPINE BASKETBALL LEGEND
                              CALOY "THE BIG DIFFERENCE" LOYZAGA
                              AGAINST TEAM U.S.A.
                              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                                THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information