Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philippine Basketball Pictures/Photos (Past and Present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post

PHILIPPINE BASKETBALL LEGEND
      CALOY "THE BIG DIFFERENCE" LOYZAGA
      AGAINST TEAM U.S.A.
      nice pic! is that a soccer ball?
      You've got to have it to win it

Comment

• Originally posted by bognut View Post
        gone were the days were players used to wear mini-shorts. I wonder if the current PBA players still wearing this mini-shorts, I knew ticket sales specially for Bakoalas will definitely surge.

Comment

• Originally posted by bognut View Post
          hahaha. that's what i also thought when i saw the pic.
          "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• crispa files from rafeboogs.....

Dead Lizard.

Comment

• Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post

jawo
              guidaben
              arnaiz
              atoy co
              yoyong
              adornado
              Correction - Behind Jaworski is Estoy Estrada not Guidaben

Comment

• Originally posted by jsgiray View Post
                I'm assuming that shot was taken way back in the 1975 or 1976 season. Bogs Adornado played for Crispa in 1975 and half of 1976 before he got injured. He came back in 1979 but this wasn't the uniform that Crispa was already using by then.

Estoy Estrada suited up for Royal Tru Orange from 1975 to 1977 while wearing the #5 jersey. He moved to Toyota in 1978 and became a vital player off the bench. Estrada joined Florencio at Toyota in the same season and they were particularly huge plucks as they shored up what used to be a perennial Toyota weakness - outside shooting. Jaworski and Arnaiz were the only bonafide outside shooters of the team. Emer Legaspi, a top shooter in the MICAA, couldn't find his mark right away at Toyota in his rookie season. With Estrada and Florencio around, Toyota found a way to open up the interior defense of the other teams through their outside sniping.

The jersey worn by Robert Jaworski also was in 1975 and 1976. In 1977, they started wearing the two-toned jersey of red and blue and yellow and white (as seen in the Reunion Game between Crispa and Toyota), perhaps one of the best designed jerseys in PBA history.

Comment

• Originally posted by jsgiray View Post
                  i stand corrected. thanks dude!
                  Dead Lizard.

Comment

• I dunno when or whats the occasion.. I assume its the PBA 25th Anniversary or the PBA Hall of Famers (named in 2005, 2007, 2009).. I'm not sure.. I found it in Samboy's FB fan page..

Anyway, here's a bigger "pic" version of the 1990 RP Team (in practice):

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by insulares View Post
                      Somebody help me out please. Let's rewind to that photo of Fabiosa vs. Talley (allegedly).

Now, that fallen Toyota import has the #2 on his jersey. Didn't Archie Talley sport the number 13? (Again, paging all you retro trivia buffs there)

And I'm pretty sure that the 1981 conference where Talley debuted featured a new jersey design (based on the Denver Nuggets uni), which prominently featured the TAC (Toyota Athletic Club) logo on the shorts.

Bottom line is the front of the jersey had no other word on it except "TOYOTA", whereas this pic is obviously from another conference since it also reads "SILVER CORONAS" (it's plain to see on the late Arnie Tuadles' jersey).

So I suspect that this dude whom Fabiosa KO'd is somebody else (Julius Wayne?). Someone please confirm or correct this. Thanks.
                      It's not Julious Wayne. This is Kevin Porter.

Comment

• 1971 Chinese Taipei vs. Philippines (I don't know what competition)

mms://210.69.23.201/DOFiles/asf/00/0...11023_13-n.asf
                        aim low, score high

Comment

• @donmar - I believe its 2009, Lito Alvarez is the board of governor back then which sits below the Big J in the provided picture.
                          Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by sinobball View Post
                            1971 Chinese Taipei vs. Philippines (I don't know what competition)

mms://210.69.23.201/DOFiles/asf/00/0...11023_13-n.asf
                            Now this is a great clip good sir!
                            My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                            1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                            1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                            1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                            1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                            1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                            1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                            1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

• This was the best recent topic I could find to post this.

While trying to do some research on the 1994 AG Basketball team, I ran across a boxscore from a very outstanding performance. This performance was only outdone by Allan Caidic and Jose Slaughter. I do not know if this was the import record at the time, but I know Caidic's record had already been put up. The boxscore I post is from a game that took place on October 15, 1994, the same day the Philippines lost the bronze in a heart breaker to Japan.
                              The teams: Swift and Tondena 65.
                              Score:135-124 Swift
                              Performance: Import Edwards (James?) pours in 13-18 3 pointers, 20-33 FG overall and 16-16 from the FT line. He added 3 rebounds, 4 asissts, 2 steals, 1 block. Totaled 69 points, which has been topped many times by other imports.

Here is a blast to the past.
                              My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                              1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                              1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                              1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                              1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                              1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                              1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                              1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

• This would be during the 1994 Governor's Cup, wherein Alaska was crowned champions against Swift. The Swift's imports' name is Jay Edwards.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information