Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

29th SEA Games at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (August 19-30, 2017)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29th SEA Games at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (August 19-30, 2017)

So will be just be sending our leftovers from the 24 man pool?

Enzo Flojo's Twitter says that the SEA games organizing committee might use the Olympic Charter rather than FIBA rules for eligibility. So we might be able to field guys like Banchero, Newsome, Tautuaa and Pringle for Gilas. The downside is that Thailand can field Morgan, Lamb and Goldstein together.

Originally posted by k3ttch View Post

Enzo Flojo's Twitter says that the SEA games organizing committee might use the Olympic Charter rather than FIBA rules for eligibility. So we might be able to field guys like Banchero, Newsome, Tautuaa and Pringle for Gilas. The downside is that Thailand can field Morgan, Lamb and Goldstein together.
    If ever that's the case, Philippines still have more high powered fil-for personnel, however the downside is just too many non-Asean looking players will be participating. It's the host's call, maybe they have some hidden Mal-Chi mastodons waiting to be unleashed. Vietnam may benefit too as well as Indonesia, how about Singapore? any Sing-chi? Poor myanmar and cambodia.

Comment

and we can even field jordan clarkson, stephen holt and standhardinger
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
        and we can even field jordan clarkson, stephen holt and standhardinger
        Not really. The Olympic Charter has that 3-year residency rule. That's why Blatche was disqualified from the Asian Games.

Comment

Not really. The Olympic Charter has that 3-year residency rule. That's why Blatche was disqualified from the Asian Games.
          3 year residency for the "naturalized" ones not the ones who is eligible to "regain" passport
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

^
            Not sure about that, from FIBA's view one getting a passport through congress or traditional means (residency to citizenship like most nations) is the same. there is no distinction between the 2. If Stephen Holt never had a Philippine passport and he get's one now , he's considered naturalize in FIBA's eyes.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

^
              Speaking of the process to get a Philippine passport for the 1st time as an adult living in a foreign country , the 1st step I had to do for those interested is to get a "registration of birth" from the former /current Filipino parent citizen. In most cases they don't have one " they forgot or didn't realize it was required. So next step is to give a reason for failure to register birth of a natural citizen. If you follow the logic the reason for this step, is one is stating the child is really eligible to be a natural born citizen and is therefore establishing that first , then now is regaining his status as a natural citizen which is a requirement to get a Philippine passpprt.

It's funny cause I was once asked by one of the mothers, what reason will I state for failing to register birth ? I said sabhihin mo na lang hindi mo alam,
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                ^
                Speaking of the process to get a Philippine passport for the 1st time as an adult living in a foreign country , the 1st step I had to do for those interested is to get a "registration of birth" from the former /current Filipino parent citizen. In most cases they don't have one " they forgot or didn't realize it was required. So next step is to give a reason for failure to register birth of a natural citizen. If you follow the logic the reason for this step, is one is stating the child is really eligible to be a natural born citizen and is therefore establishing that first , then now is regaining his status as a natural citizen which is a requirement to get a Philippine passpprt.

It's funny cause I was once asked by one of the mothers, what reason will I state for failing to register birth ? I said sabhihin mo na lang hindi mo alam,
                yeah you have 1 year after the date of birth to get the certificate of birth, after that you'll need to provide the 'reason' why you missed it and then have it notarized iirc..not really a big deal

Comment

from the various news looks like SEA games is their major tournament. since SEA games and FIBA asia cup almost got the same schedule. for sure our B team will be playing in SEA games.
                  B team:
                  Torres
                  Guinto
                  Gotladera
                  Cruz
                  Ferrer
                  Grey
                  Daquioag
                  Tolomia
                  Revilla
                  Jalalon (assuming Belo replacing him in FIBA asia cup)

wish list: Pringle, Parks, Ravena, Tautuaa and Slaughter (if healthy)
                  i'll put out Revilla, gotladera and Daquioag.
                  LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                  Morayta

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                    ^
                    Not sure about that, from FIBA's view one getting a passport through congress or traditional means (residency to citizenship like most nations) is the same. there is no distinction between the 2. If Stephen Holt never had a Philippine passport and he get's one now , he's considered naturalize in FIBA's eyes.
                    But we were talking about the Olympic charter, which rumor has it the KL SEA Games committee might use rather than FIBA rules for eligibility.

Comment

South East Asian Games 2017 Line-up and plans

Many of our ASEAN brothers believe that there is a big chance that they can pull the rug under the Philippines in the SEA games. Indonesia said it, Thailand too, Singapore and Malaysia both implied it in interviews. Many of them said that the SEABA is just a warm up for their bigger goal and that is to unseat the Philippines in the SEA games. Are we gonna finally lose the gold or can we still win it, despite the absence of the SEABA Gilas? Seeing how the other ASEAN teams performed in the SEABA, who should be selected to join the SEA men's basketball team? Are we still looking at an all PBA line-up or should we consider ABL and College stand-outs, Fil-foriegners, ex Gilas players? How will the SBP draw a plan and carry it out vis-a-vis the PBA and the other basketball institutions? Is it true that they are not gonna use the Hagup rule in this tournament?

Comment

Would Parks and Ravena be interested?

Comment

My SEA Games line-up

Guards:

Tenorio
                          Revilla
                          Daquioag
                          Thompson

Wings:
                          Norwood
                          Dillinger
                          B. Cruz
                          Ferrer

Bigs:
                          Pingris
                          Ocampo
                          Slaughter (if already rehabilitated and if he has the puso)
                          Torres

Options if possible:
                          A.
                          AJ EDU
                          Paras (Is he available?)
                          Parks
                          Kiefer

If no HAGUP rule:

Standhardinger
                          Holt
                          Pringle
                          etc. (This will open the floodgates because this will be their ticket to play in the PBA without going through the D-League)

Comment

coach Jong Uichico will be the head coach right?

G - Pringle
                            G/F - Fonacier(or Yap)
                            G/F - Holt
                            F - Standhardinger
                            C - Slaughter

G - Ross (or Aaron Craft)
                            G - Ravena
                            G/F - Parks
                            F - Espinas
                            F/C - Tautua

F/C - Torres
                            F - Ferrer
                            Last edited by weward; 05-19-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here. Finally decided to post. I found this interesting article about Cambodia's plan to form a basketball team for the SEA games http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadl...ional-team-s-e. If I read it correctly, at least half of their team is based in the US and is currently training in the US. Some of their players have not even been in their home country yet. Does this mean that the SEA games will not follow the FIBA eligibility standards?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information