This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by usagre View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. Sorry Turkey you're out then.
    Turkey won't have Korkmaz and Osman from this EB team but will have everyone else.
    considering a turk is running FIBA Europe it is hard to believe turkish EL players won't play qualification games.
    but of course that remains to be seen.
    Latvia will miss Porzingis, Bertans, possibly Timma, Strelnieks etc.
    Spain will miss all of their NBAers and majority of the rest.
    Slovenia, someone already wrote about them earlier in the thread.
    qualifications will be hectic and with EB in four years this qualification system already for this WC could actually change a basketball map of the whole Europe.
    qualification, which btw. star in month and a half, will be biblical.
    "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Originally posted by Picek View Post
      Turkey won't have Korkmaz and Osman from this EB team but will have everyone else.
      considering a turk is running FIBA Europe it is hard to believe turkish EL players won't play qualification games.
      but of course that remains to be seen.
      Latvia will miss Porzingis, Bertans, possibly Timma, Strelnieks etc.
      Spain will miss all of their NBAers and majority of the rest.
      Slovenia, someone already wrote about them earlier in the thread.
      qualifications will be hectic and with EB in four years this qualification system already for this WC could actually change a basketball map of the whole Europe.
      qualification, which btw. star in month and a half, will be biblical.
      What a complete shit show. In a way I almost want the United States somehow to fail to qualify in order to bring to light how dumb this new format is.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

What a complete shit show. In a way I almost want the United States somehow to fail to qualify in order to bring to light how dumb this new format is.
        It's an excellent format which will lead to unpredictable and exciting qualification rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by mojo13 View Post
          Assuming they can even qualify.
          I don't think any team is safe to assume they can qualify through FIBA's new farce of a WC Qualification process - especially a small country like Slovenia with limited depth.
          Rather scary, aside from Australia (who lock to be a dead lock) I don't think any team is 100% certain to make it. A team like Slovenia missing would highlight that FIBA isn't so much making the World Cup a showcase as it is a bad joke.
          Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
            It's an excellent format which will lead to unpredictable and exciting qualification rounds.
            Maybe exciting but with guys you never heard of. And to what end ? Isn't the purpose of any qualifying tournament to have the best teams qualify ? That won't be the case if the best players don't participate. In theory creating the home and away games is cool but the timing and in practice it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
              Rather scary, aside from Australia (who lock to be a dead lock) I don't think any team is 100% certain to make it..
              If not at 100% then the Usa is at 99%.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                Rather scary, aside from Australia (who lock to be a dead lock) I don't think any team is 100% certain to make it. A team like Slovenia missing would highlight that FIBA isn't so much making the World Cup a showcase as it is a bad joke.
                each team will give 12 games,for 4 of them NBA players will be available if they want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                  each team will give 12 games,for 4 of them NBA players will be available if they want to.
                  I think the actual quality of the games is gonna be low. What preparation time or training will there be ?

Comment

Here's the 12 European teams I hope qualify:

Slovenia, Spain, Turkey, Latvia
                    Lithuania, Croatia, Italy, France
                    Russia, Germany, Serbia, Greece

My apologies to Finland, Czech Republic and Georgia.
                    All major basketball countries should just boycott Fiba until they change this ridiculous competition format. Let Albania,Netherlands, San Marino etc. compete at the Olympic tournament, that would bring the ratings up I am sure
                    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                      All major basketball countries should just boycott Fiba until they change this ridiculous competition format. Let Albania,Netherlands, San Marino etc. compete at the Olympic tournament, that would bring the ratings up I am sure
                      San Marino doesnt have a basketball national team

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                        If I am one of these low level countries who normally would never have a shot to qualify I would get like 8 or 9 guys together and just practice as a team for a year straight. Like the old Red Army Soviet hockey team. Put them up in a barracks military style, food, water and basketball. By the time the games start these guys will know each other like the back of their hands and can play together blind folded.

Comment

Our women played their women in the qualification for the women eurobasket , I am sure there is somewhere male NT besides, San Marino is just an example, you can throw any NT with the bad rankings and 0 basketball tradition instead of them. Let them compete at world championships, Olympic games , those qualifications are pointless, Fiba will never be at Fifa level.

Comment

Well yeah..at FIFA there is no Catalan lawyer highjacking the european competitions along with 11 teams..If you want a strong FIBA stop supporting Jordi and his mafia

Comment

Fiba is not doing nothing to make it any better, they are bad as Jordi. The most stupid thing they could have done was to introduce this new system of competition.

Comment

Indeed, the format is utter shit and there's no question about it. Talking about Greece f.e it's like B-C tier players who have never played together again, trying to beat Eurobasket sides in full strength like Great Britain and Israel (only minus Casspi) which will not miss any single players in these qualifiers. Same goes for every other team which relies on NBA and EL guys. That's alteration of result. They're trying to boycott their own product.
                                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information