Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shooting a Documentary: Looking for NBA Friends who met online but never in real life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting a Documentary: Looking for NBA Friends who met online but never in real life

My name is Thomas - I'm a Creative Producer at VICE Media working on a documentary series about "internet friends" who have never met each other in person, and who made friends online based on a mutual love for basketball.

We are shooting a documentary series about how the internet has allowed for global friendships based around the NBA.

The series will culminate in a finale where we bring together the internet friends to meet in person for the first time courtside at the NBA Finals 2017.

We're looking specifically for non-US fans of the Warriors, Spurs, Rockets, Cavaliers and Wizards who have internet friends in the US whom they haven't met.

Do you have any "internet basketball friends" in another country whom you haven't met in person? Can you help me find such characters? Do you know anybody else who might know?

To be considered as a candidate: please fill out this form and have your "internet friend" also fill it out.

VICE is looking to tell stories about NBA fans who've made basketball friends online from all over the world. Specifically fans of the WARRIORS, SPURS, CAVALIERS, ROCKETS, WIZARDS, RAPTORS. If you're over 21 and have a story about an online international NBA friendship fill out this form and VICE may be in contact with you about telling your story and potentially going to the NBA finals this year. WE WILL ONLY CONSIDER "INTERNATIONAL" FRIENDS- two friends MUST BE FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES. All entries featuring two friends from the same country will be discarded. We're looking to connect internet pals who have never met in person. Please only submit 1 application per person.

I'm working on a tight deadline so your prompt attention is very much appreciated. Happy to chat further if you like! Feel free to share this email and the form link with anybody in your network.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

Thomas

A) Why are you claiming your country as France if you work for VICE -which is based in Brooklyn-?

B) This seems fairly exploitative, which sounds about right for VICE

C) Why the fake casual post?

Good luck though.

Comment

A) Why are you claiming your country as France if you work for VICE -which is based in Brooklyn-?
      I was born in France, but I live in Brooklyn.

B) This seems fairly exploitative, which sounds about right for VICE
      Two tickets for a NBA final game coming with two plane tickets to meet an Internet friend that share the same passion are a pretty good deal, right?

C) Why the fake casual post?
      I am a French dude living in Brooklyn.

Good luck though.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, you should participate.

Comment

CHBB, or anyone else interested in the topic, I checked it out and Thomas is legit.

My job won't allow it, but if anyone is interested in it, whole experience sounds nice.
        Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
        That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
        X

Debug Information