Best and Worst signings this season in the Euroleague

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst signings this season in the Euroleague

In Baskonia we have one of the worst signings: Andrea Bargnani. He started playing good games, 26 points in his first game against Efes, but then some strange injuries and then more strange things, probably he never will play more games in the team. Good scorer when he is on fire, but 0 defense and 0 IQ. 15 games in euroleague, average stats 8.8 points, 1.8 rebounds and 6.2 PIR in 16 minutes.

In the other side two of the best signings, Shane Larkin in his first season in Europe, his average stats are 13.2 points, 5.6 assists, 14.8 PIR in 29 minutes. He is only 24, and it's his first season in the euroleague, I think that if he stays in Europe he will be one of the best PGs. We need to resign him for more seasons.

And Johannes Voightmann, same age than Larkin, and also it's his first season in the euroleague. 10.1 points, 7.2 rebounds, 1.7 assists and 15.1 PIR in 23 minutes. He signed for 3 seasons.

About my team, if Baskonia resign Larkin and Shengelia we will be again one of the best teams. Hanga is less important, we could sign an SF like Timma for example. Shengelia is very important because he is an "spanish cupo" and in Spain you need to have 4 "spanish cupos" in a 12 players roster, nowadays he is our best "spanish", the others are Rafa Luz, Ilimane Diop and Tadas Sedekerskis, no one from Spain To resign Diop is also important because he is young and he have potential.
    Last edited by jonga; 04-20-2017, 07:44 AM.

Tentative assessement: Bennett and Nunnally

Comment

Best: Voigtmann, Singleton, Jenkins, Kuzmic, Tyus, Wanamaker, Honeycutt, Randolph, Clyburn, Larkin, James.

Worst: Bargnani, almost everyone from Maccabi, Omic, Raduljica, Draper, Nunnally, Augustine, Anderson, Laprovittola, Claver.

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post
        Best: Voigtmann, Singleton, Jenkins, Kuzmic, Tyus, Wanamaker, Honeycutt, Randolph, Clyburn, Larkin, James.

Worst: Bargnani, almost everyone from Maccabi, Omic, Raduljica, Draper, Nunnally, Augustine, Anderson, Laprovittola, Claver.
        Only Voigtmann, Larkin and Clyburn are playing their first season in the euroleague. It's not easy to play at the highest level in the first season, in the second season they could do better.

Comment

Best: Wanamaker
          Worst: Nunnalli

Comment

I'll speak for my team.

Worst: Bourousis. Paid 1,2 mil but plays for 120.000.
            Best: Singleton, James and Rivers all 3 game winners.
            Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
            Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

For my team, Bennett of course. Even Nunnally contributed to some degree.

Comment

Exceeded expectations: Voigtmann, Singleton
                Came up well short of expectations: Bargnani, Bennet

Omic was the worst player this year but what were the expectations for Efes when they signed him? Maybe that he would be ok.

Comment

Best probably Singleton or Larkin. Voigtmann, Wanamaker were also great.

Worst Bargnani, Rice, Nunnally, Bourousis.
                  "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post

Good list on top row.
                    and I'd agree on all on 2nd row except Draper and Claver.

Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                    Omic was the worst player this year but what were the expectations for Efes when they signed him? Maybe that he would be ok.
                    well, after his stint with Valencia, we expected something decent. but he gave absolutely nothing. his case was a mystery to me.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                      Good list on top row.
                      and I'd agree on all on 2nd row except Draper and Claver.
                      Claver was one of the best PF previous season. Barca paid 2 000 000 buyout to Valencia + his salary, but he is maybe worse than Vezenkov... This is why i put him on the list.

And I forgot Bourousis.

Comment

When evaluating investments one has to consider the fixed cost. For Nunnally it is 350k and for Bennett about 500k, I guess in dollars. And we can opt out of contracts when the year ended. So our loss is less about finances but more about foreign player quota.
                        Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                        Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                        Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                        Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

I think that cost of players has to be a huge factor in this. If you pay 2 mil for Randolph and plays well, I am not impressed. He is supposed to. He needs to do something amazing to justify that and be in the running for the best signing etc.

So some of my candidates are:

- Kuzmic/Jenkins duo for Zvezda.
                          - Westerman for Zalgiris
                          - Clyburn for Dacka
                          - Voigtmann/Larkin for Baskonia
                          - Honeycutt for Efes
                          - Singleton for PAO

Worst, the list is too long. Bourousis and Bargnani at the top for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by vivo View Post
                            When evaluating investments one has to consider the fixed cost. For Nunnally it is 350k and for Bennett about 500k, I guess in dollars. And we can opt out of contracts when the year ended. So our loss is less about finances but more about foreign player quota.
                            It's never was money issue but foreign spot like you said. More of that we needed player that could replace Bofdan or Datome in case of injury..

Comment

Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
                              I think that cost of players has to be a huge factor in this. If you pay 2 mil for Randolph and plays well, I am not impressed. He is supposed to. He needs to do something amazing to justify that and be in the running for the best signing etc.

So some of my candidates are:

- Kuzmic/Jenkins duo for Zvezda.
                              - Westerman for Zalgiris
                              - Clyburn for Dacka
                              - Voigtmann/Larkin for Baskonia
                              - Honeycutt for Efes
                              - Singleton for PAO

Worst, the list is too long. Bourousis and Bargnani at the top for sure.
                              I agree, and in that case I guess that Singleton or Honeycutt have a high salary, both of them played good seasons in Lokomotiv Kuban and Khimki, they are not cheap players. Larkin earns 500.000€ and Voigtmann less money.

About other players of the list, I think that Westermann or Jenkins did not amazing seasons, good seasons but not at the same level than other players of the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information