No announcement yet.

2017 NBA Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Knicks definitely weren't a super team but they should've been a playoff team last year. Only place they were lacking was at the two guard spot for the most part.

I don't see how he makes sense on the Lakers. There are a lot of frontcourt players on that team who need the ball, between Ingram, Randle, Lopez, and Zubac. That's just not his style. He has always been a drive and kick type of point guard. Bucks and Cavs make the most sense by far. But LA is a hell of a market.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
      The Knicks definitely weren't a super team but they should've been a playoff team last year. Only place they were lacking was at the two guard spot for the most part.

I don't see how he makes sense on the Lakers. There are a lot of frontcourt players on that team who need the ball, between Ingram, Randle, Lopez, and Zubac. That's just not his style. He has always been a drive and kick type of point guard. Bucks and Cavs make the most sense by far. But LA is a hell of a market.
      Yeah I agree Milwaukee would be a good spot for him. He met with them too so that's not out of the question.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
        Yeah I agree Milwaukee would be a good spot for him. He met with them too so that's not out of the question.
        I think the reason has to be market. LA gives him an opportunity for playing time but not the kind he had in Chicago. He would pair well with KCP but he's never played with an offensive-minded big man like Lopez or Zubac let alone the multiple forwards. I think it's just the combination of playing time and market. I mean he's really only lived somewhere that wasn't one of the top three markets for a year out of his life so far, and that was in college. At the same time, he really doesn't strike me as somebody who needs that. But opportunity-wise it's pretty damn tempting.

Comment

• French big man Yannis Morin has signed with OKC. I don't know this player at all really but hopefully he can give them the shot blocking and post defense they desperately need from somebody other than Steven Adams. They desperately need that.

Comment

• In a stunning turn of events Kyrie Irving wants out of Cleveland and asked for a trade last week. The Derrick Rose interest now makes more sense but would be an enormous downgrade if you simply swapped the players. If this is true Irving should have made this known earlier in the month when big names were still available for trade. Anthony Davis who might be on his way out of New Orleans in a couple of years would be a potential interesting trade.

Comment

• Rose in his prime would shit all over Kyrie. In terms of how he works within the team it's a huge upgrade, which is what matters on a contender.

They should trade him to the Clippers for DeAndre Sindarius Thornwell, and some other pieces. Or make it a multi-team trade. But DeAndre has to be involved. This could make them favorites again.

Comment

Rose in his prime would shit all over Kyrie. In terms of how he works within the team it's a huge upgrade, which is what matters on a contender.

They should trade him to the Clippers for DeAndre Sindarius Thornwell, and some other pieces. Or make it a multi-team trade. But DeAndre has to be involved. This could make them favorites again.
                Even if you subscribe to that view like you said in his prime. 2009-2012 Derrick Rose was an unbelievable player that we will never see again. This version is a player that will get bounced around the league because he's just not that good anymore.

I don't think Cleveland will trade Kyrie unless they get a humongous return. He is under contract and in today's market at a good rate. According to reports he prefers San Antonio, New York, Miami, and Minnesota. You can forget Miami and San Antonio because they don't have the pieces to trade, but I would almost guarantee that Cleveland would ask for a Porzingis, or a Towns for Kyrie and then figure out how they move pieces around with their front court later.

Comment

Even if you subscribe to that view like you said in his prime. 2009-2012 Derrick Rose was an unbelievable player that we will never see again. This version is a player that will get bounced around the league because he's just not that good anymore.

I don't think Cleveland will trade Kyrie unless they get a humongous return. He is under contract and in today's market at a good rate. According to reports he prefers San Antonio, New York, Miami, and Minnesota. You can forget Miami and San Antonio because they don't have the pieces to trade, but I would almost guarantee that Cleveland would ask for a Porzingis, or a Towns for Kyrie and then figure out how they move pieces around with their front court later.
                  Minnesota and San Antonio would have to be incredibly stupid to make that trade. New York on the other hand I think makes a deal for him in a heartbeat. They would be able to unload Melo I'm sure considering he wants to play in Cleveland. They could get some other nice pieces. Like Lance Thomas.

Honestly they have no reason to respect his wishes though. Does he have a no trade?

Comment

Minnesota and San Antonio would have to be incredibly stupid to make that trade. New York on the other hand I think makes a deal for him in a heartbeat. They would be able to unload Melo I'm sure considering he wants to play in Cleveland. They could get some other nice pieces. Like Lance Thomas.

Honestly they have no reason to respect his wishes though. Does he have a no trade?
                    No he is totally at the mercy of the Cavs that's why I think they are gonna be very selective and ask for the moon.
                    Without Porzingis in the mix I don't see any possible trade with the Knicks. According to reports they could have traded Carmelo for Kevin Love at any point and Cleveland refused so I see no way they do it for Kyrie who is more coveted and has much greater trade value.

Comment

• I'll trade him to the Phoenix Suns. Eric Bledsoe, Devin Booker, Tyson Chandler, and Alex Len.

Comment

• Bledsoe with LeBron would be unbelievable.

I really think they'll have to make it a massive trade. This could very well reshape the NBA landscape because of the specific types of players Cleveland needs and how difficult Kyrie is to play next to.

I wonder if CP3 signs in Cleveland next year if Kyrie is gone? And Melo comes in somehow either this year or next? Add in an athletic shot-blocking Center and a guy who can guard both backcourt positions and wow.

Comment

Bledsoe with LeBron would be unbelievable.

I really think they'll have to make it a massive trade. This could very well reshape the NBA landscape because of the specific types of players Cleveland needs and how difficult Kyrie is to play next to.

I wonder if CP3 signs in Cleveland next year if Kyrie is gone? And Melo comes in somehow either this year or next? Add in an athletic shot-blocking Center and a guy who can guard both backcourt positions and wow.
                          Give me Devin Booker

Comment

No he is totally at the mercy of the Cavs that's why I think they are gonna be very selective and ask for the moon.
                            Without Porzingis in the mix I don't see any possible trade with the Knicks. According to reports they could have traded Carmelo for Kevin Love at any point and Cleveland refused so I see no way they do it for Kyrie who is more coveted and has much greater trade value.
                            I just don't see them getting Porzingis or Towns. Both are true franchise players and highly efficient scorers. However I bet they could get Ntilikina if they took on Melo. Unfortunately for Cleveland, the perceptions about the return Indy got for PG and Chicago got for Butler are going to really hurt their return for Kyrie. It won't be until people realize just how good both Sabonis and Oladipo really are and how good Kris Dunn will be that they'll see those weren't quite fleece jobs -though the Butler trade sure seems like it to me.

Melo, Ntilikina, and some pieces/picks is one of the best offers they can hope for. Maybe they can unload Frye in doing so. That would give them another potential true franchise player to build around if LeBron leaves and a high pick in a draft loaded with impact bigs. Either that or Phoenix is the trade I make if I'm doing just straight up two team trades. If it's three team well then for starters Denver has made it very clear Mudiay isn't untouchable. They're easily dumb enough to trade him for very little return. I mean the players you can get is really only limited by your imagination and how many teams you can get to all agree on a trade. Maybe it can be part of a Melo to Houston trade. We all know he'll just sign wherever LeBron is come 2018. No need to trade for him prematurely. But to me Bledsoe has to be target #1. He would be the absolute perfect player to play next to LeBron.

Comment

• I think we might see Lebron back to Miami in one year, or to Phoenix with James Jones as VP there.
                              This is why Kyrie requesting a trade, unless he is true idiot where he prefers being number one on team rather then competing.

Comment

• Somebody seriuos should have happend between James and Irving in the nba finals 2017.Because there is no other explanation here.Why leave winning team when you scoring 25pts and getting lot of shots?

Maybe they tried to trade him irving not knowing about that? Or just tired of hitting most important shots for cavs and still get: its because lebron was on the flooor he made you to make )

Because this "i want to be traded" from nba championship calibre team comes from desperate men.The real reasons knows only Irving.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information