2017 NBA Off-Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
    CHBB, how do you see the Carmelo situation playing out? A Houston trade seems unlikely at this point. There's a rumour that if that doesn't happen soon, that he will accept a trade to Portland. Would that be the a good move for him?
    I honestly have no clue how it will play out. New York needs him gone before camp starts. Period. If they can't get anything real in a trade then they need to bite the bullet and buy him out.

Portland would be a great move for both him and New York if there's no buyout. Literally any player on the Blazers would be an upgrade over what the Knicks have at most positions. Ed Davis is going to be a free agent after this year, Vonleh is a '14 draft pick so he'll be a RFA because he won't be extended, Aminu is a highly underrated player and solid defender, plus they have young guys like Connaughton, among others. New York would probably get a much better deal from Portland than Houston because Portland just drafted replacements for Ed Davis, etc and have multiple athletic forwards with upside whereas Houston traded away most of their young bench talent.

As for Portland, it could work out very well. Their one Achilles heel has been a lack of a consistent scorer at either forward position. If you noticed last year, they didn't get going as a team until Evan Turner started giving them consistent offense and strong overall play as an X-Factor at that three spot. When he went down, it really hurt the team. His play is what made Crabbe so expendable after they matched that huge offer sheet just a year prior. Nurkic could be that third star or third scorer after Dame and CJ but Melo already is a proven superstar who when forced to play a supporting role is money. He would take a ton of pressure off of the young, still semi-raw forwards and Swannegan/Collins offensively, and Portland has plenty of defense at the forward positions and down low so he could play next to a defensive presence at either one. I wouldn't say he would make them a contender but I could see Portland becoming a top five seed in the West potentially if they don't trade away the wrong players for him.

Comment

• Cavs invite Perkins to camp. Hard to see him making much of an impact on the court.

Pacers sign yet another stretch four in Uthoff.

Milwaukee signs Gerald Green to a camp deal. Very solid move.

My Sixers have signed former KState star and TBT standout Jacob Pullen to a non-guaranteed deal and plan to do the same with Kris Humphries apparently. Two very solid signings.

Minnesota signs Aaron Brooks, who is so far superior to Tyus Jones it's comical.

Comment

• Anthony Bennett has signed with Phoenix on a non-guaranteed deal. This could actually be very interesting given their injuries, and being in the Western Conference means he doesn't need to be all that great defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHBB View Post
          I honestly have no clue how it will play out. New York needs him gone before camp starts. Period. If they can't get anything real in a trade then they need to bite the bullet and buy him out.
          Have to say it would be really interesting to see him in Portland. You've made a really case for this trade, especially the pieces Portland can offer.

Originally posted by CHBB View Post
          My Sixers have signed former KState star and TBT standout Jacob Pullen to a non-guaranteed deal and plan to do the same with Kris Humphries apparently. Two very solid signings.
          The Pullen move is interesting, been a really consistent scorer in Europe. Not as much last season where he had to defer to Alexey Shved, something he wasn't too happy about.

Comment

• Yeah it would make a lot of sense but apparently Portland isn't on his expanded list of teams.

I've been a fan of Pullen ever since his days at KState. He was a beast in college but didn't get drafted due to his height. I'm sure playing in Europe has only made him better and smarter as a player.

Memphis trades Troy Daniels and a 2018 second rounder to Phoenix for a conditional second rounder. I bet this is a salary dump.

Comment

• Melo traded to the Thunder for Enes Kanter, Doug McDermott, and a 2018 pick. Did not see that coming at all. Can't believe New York got so much young offensive talent back in addition to a pick.

I think this was a bad move by the Thunder. They already have Paul George, and now they bring in Melo while trading their only facilitating big man. McDermott was really just extra but Kanter will be hard to replace imo.

Comment

• Chicago signs RFA Nikola Mirotic to a two-year, $27 million deal. Year two is a team option but this has to be seen as a huge win for Mirotic regardless.

This leaves JaMychal Green as the only RFA left.

Also, Canaan signs a non-guaranteed one year deal with OKC.

Comment

• According to reports, D-Wade and the Bulls have agreed to a buyout.
                  Sacramento Kings
                  HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Paging CoachZ!! From the latest Zach Lowe podcast:

Kevin Arnovitz:
                    "Now he's gone you don't have an outstanding pick and roll guard to scramble the defense that way and to get those lobs or to get back side action or anything that can happen when Chris Paul is on the floor..."
                    Zach Lowe:
                    "Blake is now the best passer on the team and maybe the best ball handler on the team in some respects, the best creator, I think, on the team."
                    Arnovitz:
                    "I will say this, Teodosic is a pretty good pick and roll player- I said they don't have a pick and roll guard- I forgot about him"
                    They then questioned whether he can get through an 82 game regular reason and his defense, both of which are fair points, particularly the latter. But still... I know Teodosic hasn't played a single game in the NBA yet but they really seem clueless about his passing and ability to run the pick and roll, two attributes even Interbasket haters would acknowledge.

Comment

• I put absolutely zero stock in the basketball analysis of either of them. Zach Lowe gets my respect for apparently being a loyal Kings fan or something but he doesn't know shit about the game past opinionated fan level. That's why guys like him and Arnovitz make it about "analytics".

You have to understand that the vast majority of people writing about or speaking about basketball these days are just random guys who want fame off of it or to feel like they're not just a part of but above sports. That's why every sports site has some bullshit "culture" section now. That's all these guys want to do is navelgaze and pontificate despite not knowing anything about anything. Just a bunch of self-important narcissists who belittle/disrespect anything they can't understand.

Comment

• JaMychal Green signed a two year deal for around $17 million during training camp. This was great for both sides, as this is so far the value Green has displayed imo.

Nuggets sign Gary Harris to a monster 4 year, $84 million extension. This reminds me of Houston's Ryan Anderson deal.

Comment

• Apparently TJ Warren signed a 4 year, $47 million extension with Phoenix. Unbelievable job by the suns to sign a player like Warren to such a manageable contract.

Norman Powell also signed a 4 year, $42 million extension. Time will tell whether or not this was a good move.

Comment

• Among the notable cut day moves was Milwaukee waiving Gerald Green. This really surprised me. He's been a very solid vet for a few years now and would have been great to have on their bench.

I wonder if say the Bulls would take a look at him given their glaring holes along the wing.

Comment

• The aforementioned Bulls claimed Kay Felder off of waivers and waived Diamond Stone.

The Bucks claim DeAndre Liggins, allowing the Nuggets to sign Richard Jefferson to a one year deal. This is a highly interesting move by the Bucks, imo.

Comment

• In two moves that shocked me, the Rockets let Clint Capela go to RFA while the Spurs extended LaMarcus Aldridge to the tune of 3 years and $72 million.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information