Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 NBA Off-Season

This is sure to be a wild one.

My biggest question is do you really think Teodosic will come over to the Nets? They're making him their priority but I just have a hard time believing he'd sign into a situation like that.

do you have the list restricted agents/free agents this summer?
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Tracking the status and signings of all 2023 NBA free agents.

Who's on track to become a free agent in the summers of 2017 and 2018? We have the lists.

Comment

I'm beginning to think we could see even more former long-time NBA contributors go to the CBA or another similar league. I mean literally every position but point guard is becoming more logjammed with each passing year. There's only so many spots available.

Comment

Ah, 11th consecutive year where our summer begins very early. We have a logjam on the SF and SG positions.

- Am not sure if Rudy Gay will be back but Divac, for his word -- whether you take it with a grain of salt, wants him back. Coming off an ACL injury, Gay is no longer a big name in the open market in terms of being sought-after but the issue that will follow him are performance and the amount of money that team/s will gamble on him.

- I have no idea on who will we draft.

- Bogdanovic is highly sought by the team but I'm more afraid of him ruining his career here when he's doing pretty well in the EL.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
            Ah, 11th consecutive year where our summer begins very early.
            Yeah your powerhouse team of the early 2000's seems like a lifetime ago. 2001-2004 Kings averaged 57.5 wins a year and in 2002 were the best team in the league. One of the best teams not to win a championship in my opinion and if not for Vlade volleyballing the rebound back to big shot Bob instead of coming down with it and ridiculous shady officiating later on the Kings would have mopped the floor with the Nets in the finals and captured the title.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
              Ah, 11th consecutive year where our summer begins very early. We have a logjam on the SF and SG positions.

- Am not sure if Rudy Gay will be back but Divac, for his word -- whether you take it with a grain of salt, wants him back. Coming off an ACL injury, Gay is no longer a big name in the open market in terms of being sought-after but the issue that will follow him are performance and the amount of money that team/s will gamble on him.

- I have no idea on who will we draft.

- Bogdanovic is highly sought by the team but I'm more afraid of him ruining his career here when he's doing pretty well in the EL.
              Well the good thing about being logjammed is you can let say McLemore and Afflalo go and have some money for a point guard. Or trade for one of the many who are buried on depth charts.

Bogdanovic is a guy who could be great in the right situation but could easily turn into a situation like Hezonjia in Orlando.

When it comes to Gay, honestly if not the Kings then where can he start? Miami? He's not as unique these days and even more guys come into the league every year.

Comment

The team I'm watching is the Warriors. Do they let Iguodala walk and move Looney up in the rotation or do they let another Harrison Barnes situation eventually happen? And if Iguodala does go, where does he fit? He's still a very good player and hell of a defender and glue guy.

Comment

I completely missed that the Jazz are in a similar situation, with Ingles being a free agent. Take him out of the equation and I'm not sure the Jazz make the playoffs this year but how much is he really worth? On the other hand, nobody on Utah has shown they can adequately provide the intangibles he does, and his three point shooting is impressive. Does Utah match any offer or do they let him walk past a certain price and try to replace him via the draft, trade, or free agency? Keep in mind the insane money a guy like Ryan Anderson got last year.

If I'm Utah, years would be more important to me than money. It's not the big contracts that kill a team financially. It's the mid-level to little ones once the recipients of said contracts start to fall off. Ingles is 30 and doesn't have the kind of body one would expect to age well and allow him to play at this level more than five years from now at absolute most. I'd match anything for three years but nothing past that. Extensions for Exum and Hood will be coming up very soon and potentially Lyles not that long after. Joe Johnson and Diaw come off the books in 2018, with Mack coming off this off-season, so short term they should be fine given their depth at every position but Center. And they've got a bargain on Burks through 2019 if he can get healthy and provide them with even more wing depth.

Comment

In a piece of actual news, Rudy Gay has apparently informed the Kings he's still opting out. He must really want out because even pre-injury there were limited spots for him to get both money and fit like he has in Sacramento. It should be very interesting to see which potential contender he takes a back seat role-wise for in order to sign with.

Comment

Kyle Lowry opts out and will be a free agent this summer. Considering he's not really a spring chicken and has been injury prone lately, it will be interesting to see the level of interest when it comes to max dollars and his eventual landing spot.
                      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
                        Kyle Lowry opts out and will be a free agent this summer. Considering he's not really a spring chicken and has been injury prone lately, it will be interesting to see the level of interest when it comes to max dollars and his eventual landing spot.
                        Now official.

I'm sure my Sixers will offer him the max.

Comment

Kings waive Anthony Tolliver. He should get interest grom contenders and others seeking a very solid and well-rounded two way vet.

Off the top of my head... Dedmon, Willie Reed, CP3, Durant of course, and possibly Gallinari? are all opting out.

Comment

The same way 2014 was the year of big paydays for underappreciated wings and combo-forwards and 2016 was for seemingly every big, 2017 will be the year of players and especially bigs reclaiming their careers or cashing in on getting their shot. Dedmon and JaMychal Green are free agents, Willie Reed is opting out, Simmons and Ingles are RFA, James Johnson and Waiters are both free agents, and both Larry Sanders and potentially Emeka Okafor and Ekpe Udoh are attempting to catch on with an NBA team. Plus Covington could potentially get extended.
                            Last edited by CHBB; 06-02-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

End of the line for Chris Bosh as medical findings ruled that his condition is simply career ending. It was still a good career for him; 2 championships and several all-star appearances.

For Miami, this is a bargaining adjustment where Bosh is cleared off the books.
                              Sacramento Kings
                              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information