View Poll Results: the most disappointing team of the season?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • EA7 Milano

    5 11.63%
  • Unics Kazan

    0 0%
  • Brose Bamberg

    0 0%
  • Maccabi Tel Aviv

    11 25.58%
  • Galatasaray

    0 0%
  • Barcelona

    23 53.49%
  • Zalgiris Kaunas

    0 0%
  • Fenerbahçe

    4 9.30%
  • Darüşşafaka Doğuş

    0 0%
  • Crvena Zvezda

    0 0%
  • Other, please specify

    0 0%
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Most disappointing team of the year?

  1. #1
    Senior Member GreenFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire of Panathinaikos
    Posts
    166
    Country: Greece

    Default Most disappointing team of the year?

    The regular season is over and we have the 8 teams that will fight for a place in the F4. But from the teams who didn't make it, who do you think was the biggest disappointment and why?

    Edit: There was supposed to be a poll as well but I don't know why it wasn't posted

    I've added a poll, I hope you are fine with my candidates - Levenspiel
    Last edited by Levenspiel; 04-09-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Euroleague IBN Game Champion 2007-2008
    2nd in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2008-2009


    "And then comes Panathinaikos and their young center, Pekovic. He hit me once and it was like getting hit by a train.
    He's a big boy. I said to him, "How much you weigh?" and he said, "Too much".

    And he was right."

    Ricardo Greer, Nancy

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    40
    Country: Greece

    Default

    1) Barcelona
    2) Maccabi
    3) Bamberg

  3. #3
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    For me it's my team. We kept the same roster that lost title for one rebound but made the big mistake with bringing Nunnalli who ruined team chemistry and did nothing to fill holes when injuries started to damage us. He is mediocre player but he isn't guilty. He did what he is capable. Those who brought him are guilty that we don't have homecourt adventage in season when F4 is in Istanbul.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Cuneyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,245
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Barcelona and Maccabi
    Powerhouses that failed to make the playoffs.

    Imho, any team that will play the playoff, has a chance to be the next champion, so it does not make sense to identify one of them as a disappointment.
    If you claim one is, and they make a run for the championship trophy, it would be ludicrous to have claimed them as disappointment.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gudura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    300
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    Maccabi without any doubt!Most of the season they looked more like circus show than serious basketball team.Barcelona might be the second biggest,but they were ruined with injuries,and at the end ofthe season they looked more serious than before.
    Bamberg might be a dissapointement considering the final score,but we have to take into account that they are probably the unluckiest team this season (my team is second in this category), considering how many close games they lost in final seconds and regarding the fact that they were team that suffered the most from bad and intentional refering
    Crvena Zvezda 2017/2018

    PG: ??????, ???????
    SG: ?????, Lazic, ?????,Rakicevic
    SF: Dangubic, Dobric
    PF: ??????, Bjelica, Simanic
    C: ??????, ???????

  6. #6
    Member berry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    96
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by janketa View Post
    For me it's my team. We kept the same roster that lost title for one rebound but made the big mistake with bringing Nunnalli who ruined team chemistry and did nothing to fill holes when injuries started to damage us. He is mediocre player but he isn't guilty. He did what he is capable. Those who brought him are guilty that we don't have homecourt adventage in season when F4 is in Istanbul.
    damn you must really hate nunnaly lol...every post you make has some nunnaly in it..and dont be shy say it...its obradovic's fault for keeping your team without a class pg and a shitty bench for another season...

  7. #7
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,618
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Barca, no doubt. Of course there were reasons for that, but still no excuse IMO. Maccabi, well, I didn't expect them to make play-offs what so ever, so not a big deal


  8. #8

    Default

    Milano without doubt!

  9. #9
    Senior Member janketa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by berry View Post
    damn you must really hate nunnaly lol...every post you make has some nunnaly in it..and dont be shy say it...its obradovic's fault for keeping your team without a class pg and a shitty bench for another season...
    You don't read well or has some problem with me? I said it's not Nunnalli fault that he is such mediocre player. What part of my post you don't understand?

    And yes, it's obradovic fault like I said.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Spittifiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Istanbul
    Posts
    730
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    first, i expected more of my team this regular season. beginning of the season i was sure we would finish between 1-4 because we kept all our players from last season and f4 will be played in istanbul which is a big motivation for our team (at least for our fans) but i was wrong. of course injuries played a big role but i have to say this injuries damaged/harmed barça the most. so no i'm not crying about this.

    thats true season isn't over yet and we can eliminate pao in playoffs and real/daçka, cska/bask or efes/oly in final four and we can win euroleague this season, but like i said, i expected more.

    second, i think most disappointing team of the year from the teams who didn't make it to playoffs is barça. it's definitely barça.


    Fenerbahçe İstanbul

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    432
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Barcelona and Maccabi
    Powerhouses that failed to make the playoffs.

    Imho, any team that will play the playoff, has a chance to be the next champion, so it does not make sense to identify one of them as a disappointment.
    If you claim one is, and they make a run for the championship trophy, it would be ludicrous to have claimed them as disappointment.
    i agree obviously.

    But perhaps we should choose Barcelona because about Maccabi mainly because of an idiot coach named Edelstein (zero preparation, zero athletic condition, zero discipline) the failure is easy to explain.

    Concerning Barcelona the reasons of this disastrous Euroleague are a bit more unexpected and obscure.

  12. #12
    Junior Member labra6301's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    7
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Generally, it was a season of bad surprises. I voted for Maccabi. Started last summer with high goals and expensive transfer IN's (Goudelock, Weems, Quincy Milller, Zirbes). Each one of them didn't meet expectations for a different reason. They completed regular season with a mediocre roster, based on players who shouldn't play more than 10 minutes in an ambitious team. Serious mistake that they didn't run the project with a well known/experienced coach.

    Before the start of season, I had a feeling for EA7. I could imagine a hard working team, built around Gentile. Now it sounds like a joke.

    Injuries issue... was a good excuce for Barca.
    Helped them hide their weekness to realise that Navarro era is over

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    432
    Country: Cyprus

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labra6301 View Post
    Generally, it was a season of bad surprises. I voted for Maccabi. Started last summer with high goals and expensive transfer IN's (Goudelock, Weems, Quincy Milller, Zirbes). Each one of them didn't meet expectations for a different reason. They completed regular season with a mediocre roster, based on players who shouldn't play more than 10 minutes in an ambitious team. Serious mistake that they didn't run the project with a well known/experienced coach.

    Before the start of season, I had a feeling for EA7. I could imagine a hard working team, built around Gentile. Now it sounds like a joke.

    Injuries issue... was a good excuce for Barca.
    Helped them hide their weekness to realise that Navarro era is over
    Devin Smith's too. Unfortunately his contract expires next year. Yes, i think that considering Navarro and Smith still able to be protagonists was a big error for both teams.

  14. #14
    Senior Member thegreekmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lietuva (special for JGX)
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Why is darusafaka in the list and not CZ?

  15. #15
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Szeged, Hungary
    Posts
    5,889
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thegreekmeister View Post
    Why is darusafaka in the list and not CZ?
    I've added the poll today. I don't know what GreenFan's original choices were.

    initially I had CZ, then thought to myself, how can anyone consider their season disappointing? For Darussafaka, you can make this argument that they barely qualified with a high profile coach and expensive roster.

    ps. CZ is now added.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  16. #16
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Szeged, Hungary
    Posts
    5,889
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    I picked Maccabi. Not only because of their record, but also because of the disastrous way they played... and this is the 2nd season in a row.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  17. #17
    Senior Member Obina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,387
    Country: Montenegro

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by labra6301 View Post
    Generally, it was a season of bad surprises. I voted for Maccabi. Started last summer with high goals and expensive transfer IN's (Goudelock, Weems, Quincy Milller, Zirbes). Each one of them didn't meet expectations for a different reason.
    Miller can't be disappointing. Dude missed almost whole season because of injury.

  18. #18
    Moderator Mindozas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,618
    Country: Lithuania

    Default

    Regarding Maccabi it was not the season which was dissapointing, it was the selection job they did last pre-season dissapointing. How on earth they failed to sign a proper PG at all? It's a must for such roster, which has so many ball-hogs. The same goes for coach. All this was predestined for disaster


  19. #19
    Senior Member thegreekmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lietuva (special for JGX)
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    I've added the poll today. I don't know what GreenFan's original choices were.

    initially I had CZ, then thought to myself, how can anyone consider their season disappointing? For Darussafaka, you can make this argument that they barely qualified with a high profile coach and expensive roster.

    ps. CZ is now added.
    I understand your reasoning, I just saw this in OP:
    "But from the teams who didn't make it", so that is why I missed CZ - based on that sentence
    Ps: in that case it coud be said the same thing about Zalgiris.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •