Playoff B: Panathinaikos v Fenerbahçe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jonga View Post
    I remember saras (my "favorite" PAO supporter) saying "our team always is favorite playing at home against any team", so this is a disaster, don't you think? Sometimes the homecourt advantage doesn't matter, but it's curious that the "best team" at home was the team which lost both games playing like shit. The worst team until now in all the quarterfinals without any doubt. We will see in Istambul, I expect a reaction, but it's so close the first 0-3 in all the euroleague history, and it would be the second 3-0 in a row for PAO, and the fifth series in a row losing in quarterfinals. Giannakopoulos will not be happy...

Maybe PAO supporters will not be agree, but I think that Bourousis with another coach being the leader of the team could be playing too much better, and PAO nowadays don't have a player who can be so dominant, with a different coach and with a different style he would be a monster. I think that if you have the money, and if you sign Mike James and Bourousis, why did not you sign Perasovic? Nowadays IMO the croatian is better coach than Pascual, and he had an special connection with Bou.
    This Fener would have destroyed Cska we're seeing in Baskonia series too. Nando is playing like shit, non factor and always in foul trouble. If there wasn't Teo, who had 1 good half in game one and 1 good Q in game 2, Baskonia would have been 2:0 up. For me the most disappointing performance in the playoffs is having Cska. If Baskonia rises it's game, especially defense, a little bit, they can return to Moscow.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by saras View Post
      too many wrong decisions by feldeine and james when we got in front cost us the game although we could still win it if rivers had made the 3. james can give you a match but can easily give it away as well. and thats the reason i said last year that this kind of players like him or darius adams are clowns and definetely not point guards. i still believe the 2 teams are almost equal but we dont have bogdanovic and udoh,while the others are better than the rest of ulker's team but the difference is made by the big players and those 2 play for ulker. its almost impossible to turn around the series right now but we should at least try and if that doesnt happen i hope obradovic lifts the trophy in constantinople
      Do they sell Ulker products in Superfoods?
      Last edited by Cuneyt; 04-21-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I agree with Beno.

regardless of PAO's level, Fener played flawless for two games in a row (actually for 3 years in a row, 8-0 so far in playoffs). The correct play every single time, for 80 minutes. and in addition to that, their shots are falling (59% and 50% from perimeter), and Udoh is a scarecrow for everyone inside.
        5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

I remember saras (my "favorite" PAO supporter) saying "our team always is favorite playing at home against any team", so this is a disaster, don't you think?
          I heard that Pao has something like 11-8 W-L record in play-off games in oaka over the last 10 years. Don't have time to check though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beno View Post
            This Fener would have destroyed Cska we're seeing in Baskonia series too. Nando is playing like shit, non factor and always in foul trouble. If there wasn't Teo, who had 1 good half in game one and 1 good Q in game 2, Baskonia would have been 2:0 up. For me the most disappointing performance in the playoffs is having Cska. If Baskonia rises it's game, especially defense, a little bit, they can return to Moscow.
            "This Fener would have destroyed Cska" or not, nobody knows. I could say in the same way "this Baskonia would have destroyed PAO like last season" or not, nobody knows. Or Baskonia with homecourt advantage against Fenerbache would be 2-0 or not, but nobody knows. The only truth is that PAO is playing like shit, and Fenerbache is playing well (not impressive against a very poor PAO). In the other series maybe CSKA is not playing their best basketball (they are playing too much better than PAO), but Baskonia can play better too. I think that sometimes people understimate Baskonia, last season we were at the same level than Fenerbache, and this season we are again close of the level or the best teams. With Shengelia our win rate is top4 in the euroleague, I think that in playoffs we are more reliable than this PAO.

Comment

"This Fener would have destroyed Cska" or not, nobody knows. I could say in the same way "this Baskonia would have destroyed PAO like last season" or not, nobody knows. Or Baskonia with homecourt advantage against Fenerbache would be 2-0 or not, but nobody knows. The only truth is that PAO is playing like shit, and Fenerbache is playing well (not impressive against a very poor PAO). In the other series maybe CSKA is not playing their best basketball (they are playing too much better than PAO), but Baskonia can play better too. I think that sometimes people understimate Baskonia, last season we were at the same level than Fenerbache, and this season we are again close of the level or the best teams. With Shengelia our win rate is top4 in the euroleague, I think that in playoffs we are more reliable than this PAO.
              It was great game yesterday between Pao and Fener. Pao had pretty solid match. And very poor between Cska and Baskonia, by both teams. And if I remember right, this poor Pao defeated you pretty easily at yout home and took home court advantage from you.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

• Let's smile a bit.

Originally posted by Adon View Post
                Right now PAO is an obviously stronger team with deeper roster. Pascual is the key factor. If he can exploit PAO's advantage, Fener's chances are not at all good.
                Originally posted by GreenFan View Post
                The reality is that if Fener doesn't improve, PAO will do a 3-0.
                Originally posted by saras View Post
                5vs5 and according to both teams current form and rosters it should be an easy 3-0 or 3-1 for panathinaikos.
                Originally posted by Gudura View Post
                I really think that Fener fans are a bit overhyped about Obradovic.He used to be the best coach in Europe,but he lost that position in recent years. He doesn't pull of the strings completelly even in his own team.
                Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                Unless fener has a huge turnaround, 3-0 for Pao.
                Originally posted by tronis View Post
                PAO will sweep fener.And it will be a pretty easy sweep.
                Originally posted by tronis View Post
                If one Turkish team has a chance for final 4 that is efes not fener..
                Calm down guys, take it easy. I didn't quote these post to bash you. Just to smile a bit.

However, I am pleased to see that we managed to change opinions here. I want to congratulate Pao too, both games were tough but we are more experienced, more focused and know that staying calm in these kind of games crucial factor. Also imho our defence is the best, one level above all in Europe. That's what make you think Pao plays terrible. But I don't agree with you at all. Pao plays well, we are just too good.
                FENERBAHÇE 2017/2018

Sloukas - Dixon - Sinan
                Wanamaker - Guduric - Melih
                Datome - Nunnally - Egehan
                Melli - Kalinic - Barış
                Vesely - Thompson - Ahmet

Comment

• saras you are the best! Last two seasons saying "easy 3-0 or 3-1 for PAO"... "impossible to lose a game in the OAKA". And then it's just the opposite.

Originally posted by Beno View Post
                  It was great game yesterday between Pao and Fener. Pao had pretty solid match. And very poor between Cska and Baskonia, by both teams. And if I remember right, this poor Pao defeated you pretty easily at yout home and took home court advantage from you.
                  Maybe we saw different games, you said PAO solid match and CSKA-Baskonia very poor, no sense. PAO solid match is a 68 PIR? (Fenerbache 99). Fenerbache is playing solid games, PAO awful. Baskonia is playing quite good in Moscow, not poor. Maybe CSKA is not playing at their highest level but they are the most talented team in Europe and the last champions.

About your last words, yes and this poor Baskonia won both games against Fenerbache easily, one of them by 34.

BTW, Baskonia have the lowest budget of the top8 and 8 new signings, so I think that is the most meritorious team in this quarterfinals.

Comment

BTW, Baskonia have the lowest budget of the top8
                    How is that possible exactly? Is everyone taking a paycut to play for you?

Comment

• Antic: "Singleton told me some stuff so I softly shoved him. He told me I can't do it again so I shoved him again." lol you gotta love him as a teammate. He attracted all anger of Pao fans and decreased pressure on other Fener players.
                      Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
                      Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
                      Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
                      Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Beno View Post
                        It was great game yesterday between Pao and Fener. Pao had pretty solid match.
                        Pao had 11 assists. Not because fener's defence was stopping them from getting more. Because they often attacked without any passes being made.

Comment

BTW, Baskonia have the lowest budget of the top8 and 8 new signings, so I think that is the most meritorious team in this quarterfinals.
                          This is sport. Not some social experiment, where poor should be treated differently. The best team always wins. There's no rewards for the most meritorious team.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                            How is that possible exactly? Is everyone taking a paycut to play for you?
                            It's easy to understand, our roster is cheaper because our budget is lower. Every season we lost our best players because that, Olympiakos rarely lost his best players because have more money.

Originally posted by Beno View Post
                            This is sport. Not some social experiment, where poor should be treated differently. The best team always wins. There's no rewards for the most meritorious team.
                            Ok, but sometimes the merits matters, the fans of teams like Baskonia are happy playing good games in quarterfinals, and to play the final four is like a trophy. But if you are fan of PAO and you lost with a high budget in quarterfinals playing like shit is a failure, and the fans are not happy. So the merits sometimes matters to the fans.
                            Last edited by jonga; 04-21-2017, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oly_fan View Post
                              Pao had 11 assists. Not because fener's defence was stopping them from getting more. Because they often attacked without any passes being made.
                              Money talks, bullshit walks. I will put some money on Fener winning F4. I suggest you do the same on Oly, if you think Oly is good enough to win F4. And we won't need this conversation how bad was Pao and what Fener did is business like usual.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Psofimis View Post
                                He just needs a couple of lines (coke).

skoupa means sweep.

Btw when I said Bouroussis is one of the biggest losers I meant plays like this.

He always seems to be the one who will screw things up in plays he shouldn't.
                                Yes he had a great year for Baskonia last season but apart from that and his years in Real where he didn't have a big role he was this kind of player for Olympiakos and Pao.
                                He can have some great games in the regular season but he will never manage to lead you in championships as a starter.
                                He is my favorite person from now on... We wish to see him smoking pot next time

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information