View Poll Results: Who will win?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • PAO, 3-0

    5 6.10%
  • PAO, 3-1

    13 15.85%
  • PAO, 3-2

    24 29.27%
  • Fener, 2-3

    14 17.07%
  • Fener, 1-3

    25 30.49%
  • Fener, 0-3

    1 1.22%
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 804

Thread: Playoff B: Panathinaikos v Fenerbahçe

  1. #501
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    2,997
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    "This Fener would have destroyed Cska" or not, nobody knows. I could say in the same way "this Baskonia would have destroyed PAO like last season" or not, nobody knows. Or Baskonia with homecourt advantage against Fenerbache would be 2-0 or not, but nobody knows. The only truth is that PAO is playing like shit, and Fenerbache is playing well (not impressive against a very poor PAO). In the other series maybe CSKA is not playing their best basketball (they are playing too much better than PAO), but Baskonia can play better too. I think that sometimes people understimate Baskonia, last season we were at the same level than Fenerbache, and this season we are again close of the level or the best teams. With Shengelia our win rate is top4 in the euroleague, I think that in playoffs we are more reliable than this PAO.
    It was great game yesterday between Pao and Fener. Pao had pretty solid match. And very poor between Cska and Baskonia, by both teams. And if I remember right, this poor Pao defeated you pretty easily at yout home and took home court advantage from you.

  2. #502
    Senior Member Black.Mamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    179
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Let's smile a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Adon View Post
    Right now PAO is an obviously stronger team with deeper roster. Pascual is the key factor. If he can exploit PAO's advantage, Fener's chances are not at all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenFan View Post
    The reality is that if Fener doesn't improve, PAO will do a 3-0.
    Quote Originally Posted by saras View Post
    5vs5 and according to both teams current form and rosters it should be an easy 3-0 or 3-1 for panathinaikos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudura View Post
    I really think that Fener fans are a bit overhyped about Obradovic.He used to be the best coach in Europe,but he lost that position in recent years. He doesn't pull of the strings completelly even in his own team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Unless fener has a huge turnaround, 3-0 for Pao.
    Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    PAO will sweep fener.And it will be a pretty easy sweep.
    Quote Originally Posted by tronis View Post
    If one Turkish team has a chance for final 4 that is efes not fener..
    Calm down guys, take it easy. I didn't quote these post to bash you. Just to smile a bit.

    However, I am pleased to see that we managed to change opinions here. I want to congratulate Pao too, both games were tough but we are more experienced, more focused and know that staying calm in these kind of games crucial factor. Also imho our defence is the best, one level above all in Europe. That's what make you think Pao plays terrible. But I don't agree with you at all. Pao plays well, we are just too good.

  3. #503
    Senior Member jonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    saras you are the best! Last two seasons saying "easy 3-0 or 3-1 for PAO"... "impossible to lose a game in the OAKA". And then it's just the opposite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    It was great game yesterday between Pao and Fener. Pao had pretty solid match. And very poor between Cska and Baskonia, by both teams. And if I remember right, this poor Pao defeated you pretty easily at yout home and took home court advantage from you.
    Maybe we saw different games, you said PAO solid match and CSKA-Baskonia very poor, no sense. PAO solid match is a 68 PIR? (Fenerbache 99). Fenerbache is playing solid games, PAO awful. Baskonia is playing quite good in Moscow, not poor. Maybe CSKA is not playing at their highest level but they are the most talented team in Europe and the last champions.

    About your last words, yes and this poor Baskonia won both games against Fenerbache easily, one of them by 34.

    BTW, Baskonia have the lowest budget of the top8 and 8 new signings, so I think that is the most meritorious team in this quarterfinals.

  4. #504
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,174
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    BTW, Baskonia have the lowest budget of the top8
    How is that possible exactly? Is everyone taking a paycut to play for you?

  5. #505
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,483
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Antic: "Singleton told me some stuff so I softly shoved him. He told me I can't do it again so I shoved him again." lol you gotta love him as a teammate. He attracted all anger of Pao fans and decreased pressure on other Fener players.

  6. #506
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,174
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    It was great game yesterday between Pao and Fener. Pao had pretty solid match.
    Pao had 11 assists. Not because fener's defence was stopping them from getting more. Because they often attacked without any passes being made.

  7. #507
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    2,997
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post




    BTW, Baskonia have the lowest budget of the top8 and 8 new signings, so I think that is the most meritorious team in this quarterfinals.
    This is sport. Not some social experiment, where poor should be treated differently. The best team always wins. There's no rewards for the most meritorious team.

  8. #508
    Senior Member jonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    How is that possible exactly? Is everyone taking a paycut to play for you?
    It's easy to understand, our roster is cheaper because our budget is lower. Every season we lost our best players because that, Olympiakos rarely lost his best players because have more money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    This is sport. Not some social experiment, where poor should be treated differently. The best team always wins. There's no rewards for the most meritorious team.
    Ok, but sometimes the merits matters, the fans of teams like Baskonia are happy playing good games in quarterfinals, and to play the final four is like a trophy. But if you are fan of PAO and you lost with a high budget in quarterfinals playing like shit is a failure, and the fans are not happy. So the merits sometimes matters to the fans.
    Last edited by jonga; 04-21-2017 at 12:05 PM.

  9. #509
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    2,997
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Oly_fan View Post
    Pao had 11 assists. Not because fener's defence was stopping them from getting more. Because they often attacked without any passes being made.
    Money talks, bullshit walks. I will put some money on Fener winning F4. I suggest you do the same on Oly, if you think Oly is good enough to win F4. And we won't need this conversation how bad was Pao and what Fener did is business like usual.

  10. #510
    Senior Member Drexler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    250
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psofimis View Post
    He just needs a couple of lines (coke).



    skoupa means sweep.


    Btw when I said Bouroussis is one of the biggest losers I meant plays like this.



    He always seems to be the one who will screw things up in plays he shouldn't.
    Yes he had a great year for Baskonia last season but apart from that and his years in Real where he didn't have a big role he was this kind of player for Olympiakos and Pao.
    He can have some great games in the regular season but he will never manage to lead you in championships as a starter.
    He is my favorite person from now on... We wish to see him smoking pot next time

  11. #511
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    2,997
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    It's easy to understand, our roster is cheaper because our budget is lower. Every season we lost our best players because that, Olympiakos rarely lost his best players because have more money.



    Ok, but sometimes the merits matters, the fans of teams like Baskonia are happy playing good games in quarterfinals, and to play the final four is like a trophy. But if you are fan of PAO and you lost with a high budget in quarterfinals playing like shit is a failure, and the fans are not happy. So the merits sometimes matters to the fans.
    Do you understand, that you're very angry if someone only mentions Baskonia is not playing that well, but have no problems to say some other team was playing like shit?
    Last edited by Killer Bob; 04-21-2017 at 01:05 PM.

  12. #512
    Senior Member jonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Is truth or not? PAO is playing so bad, and is strange after their last games of the regular season.

    I said in this forum sometimes that Baskonia played like shit, two examples are the last games at home in regular season against PAO and Zalgiris.

  13. #513
    Member Elmojoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    88
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Pao is bad and they finished 4th among 15 teams after 30 weeks? Sounds itchy to me. Fener played good defence with their full roster back in action. That's why Pao seemed to be played bad last 2 games. Pao is a good team and a big basketball culture, we all see in Oaka those 5 flags when you look at the top of your tv...

  14. #514

  15. #515
    Senior Member Killer Bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    2,997
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    Is truth or not? PAO is playing so bad, and is strange after their last games of the regular season.

    I said in this forum sometimes that Baskonia played like shit, two examples are the last games at home in regular season against PAO and Zalgiris.
    Just look how incredible stats had Fener. 59% in first game and 50% in second for 3. Do you really think that Cska would have won in Oaka yesterday with incredible poor 27%? Or just compare what Bogdan was doing in Oaka and what Nando was doing in his own gym. Pao gave away first game, but they played good second one, just not good enough for great Fener. That focused Fener, with Bogdan and Udoh playing like yesterday is very difficult to be beaten by anybody.

  16. #516
    Administrator Levenspiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Szeged, Hungary
    Posts
    6,127
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonga View Post
    Is truth or not? PAO is playing so bad, and is strange after their last games of the regular season.

    I said in this forum sometimes that Baskonia played like shit, two examples are the last games at home in regular season against PAO and Zalgiris.
    Am I right in assuming that you are under the influence of two RS games between Baskonia and Fener, both of which your team won easily? Baskonia was a terrible match-up for Fener, but I think those are not valid here.

    last year, when Fener swept Real Madrid, I thought it was a proper 1st to 4th match-up, with a clear difference in strength. I simply thought Real was a deservedly 4th in that group. But this year, i think it's not the case. PAO is/was a seriously dangerous team, on the peak of its performance.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

  17. #517
    Senior Member Black.Mamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    179
    Country: Netherlands

    Default

    Sometimes when you play too good, it may show your opponent playing terrible. That was the case in both games. Telling that Pao was terrible, that's why Fener won both games is a disrespect to our players and coaching staff. There is a collective hard work behind these victories, just respect who managed to return to İstanbul with a 2-0 from OAKA.

  18. #518
    Senior Member Gudura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Belgrade
    Posts
    393
    Country: Serbia

    Default

    To Fener fans-why don't you guys just stop arguing on this forum and just enjoy excelent performance of your team!? Go out,have a drink and just enjoy this feeling,you destroyed Pao 2 times in 2 days in OAKA,you have to enjoy and stop tiping here for God's sake....
    Crvena Zvezda 2017/2018

    PG: Rochestie, Radicevic
    SG: Feldeine, Lazic,Davidovac
    SF: Dangubic, Dobric (SG/SF),Keselj,Lazarevic
    PF: Jankovic, Bjelica (PF/C),Antic (PF/C),Apic
    C: Lessort, Jovanovic

  19. #519

    Default

    Calathes is one of the worst PG in the euroleague

  20. #520
    Senior Member jonga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Madrid
    Posts
    1,160
    Country: Argentina

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Just look how incredible stats had Fener. 59% in first game and 50% in second for 3. Do you really think that Cska would have won in Oaka yesterday with incredible poor 27%? Or just compare what Bogdan was doing in Oaka and what Nando was doing in his own gym. Pao gave away first game, but they played good second one, just not good enough for great Fener. That focused Fener, with Bogdan and Udoh playing like yesterday is very difficult to be beaten by anybody.
    But each game is different, and each series are different.

    Maybe CSKA against Fenerbache or PAO would play better than against Baskonia, and maybe Fenerbache against CSKA or Baskonia would play worse and with worse percentages, nobodoy knows, all are hypothesis.

    The only truth is that CSKA never lost a series and PAO is an easier opponent. CSKA played 11 of 12 quarterfinals, the 11 times with homecourt advantage and with this season will be the 11th win. If PAO lose this series would be the second time that they lost with homecourt advantage, and only have the homecourt advantage 5 times, so 2 of 5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Levenspiel View Post
    Am I right in assuming that you are under the influence of two RS games between Baskonia and Fener, both of which your team won easily? Baskonia was a terrible match-up for Fener, but I think those are not valid here.

    last year, when Fener swept Real Madrid, I thought it was a proper 1st to 4th match-up, with a clear difference in strength. I simply thought Real was a deservedly 4th in that group. But this year, i think it's not the case. PAO is/was a seriously dangerous team, on the peak of its performance.
    I think that Baskonia is worst matchup for Fenerbache. I'm not saying that Baskonia is better than PAO, I think that the level is similar, but Baskonia is worst matchup for Fenerbache. This season 2-0 and last season in the final four the game was so close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Black.Mamba View Post
    Sometimes when you play too good, it may show your opponent playing terrible. That was the case in both games. Telling that Pao was terrible, that's why Fener won both games is a disrespect to our players and coaching staff. There is a collective hard work behind these victories, just respect who managed to return to İstanbul with a 2-0 from OAKA.
    Yes and no, Fenerbache is doing a great defense, but for example in the first game, to score 16 points in 20 minutes it's not only because the defense, is because the other team plays very very bad. I think that in this series we are looking a great defense of Fenerbache and a very bad offense of PAO, and of course an amazing percentages in 3 pt shoot by Fenerbache.

Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •