14 17.07%
  • Fener, 1-3

25 30.49%
  • Fener, 0-3

1 1.22%
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Playoff B: Panathinaikos v Fenerbahçe

Quote Originally Posted by Marco1907 View Post
    For example, we lost the final in the last second by a luck tip-off from Khyryapa ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSc4...youtu.be&t=425

Can you say this isn't a luck or it's fair for both of the teams ?

In a 5 games or 7 games series, this would be a minor factor, even if you lose one game because of this, it wouldn't affect the outcome of finals, but in a one game, it affects a lot.
    That tip-in wasn't lucky. No one boxed-out Khryapa. He was wide open all the time, came from downtown, grabbed rebound and scored uncontested shot. It's not luck, it's basketball, it's what Khryapa doin' whole his career. It was defensive mistake, simple as that. Such situations happens lot of times during the game, just this one happened at the end of it, but the game lasts atleast 40mins, so any previous one could lead to different final outcome and that last one could not happened at all.
    Anyway, I get what you're tryin' to say, that in one game anything might happen. That's true. But luck also plays very small part in it. The team which prepared better, analyzed the rival better, are in better state both physically and psychologically usualy wins. Even if it might look weaker team on paper. That's details which decides the winner. Luck might be involved if some player got injured during the game, some crazy shots comes in, which usually aren't, or let's say some slipped and missed open lay-up and etc.

Anyway, I feel like I have nothing more to add regarding this issue. I stated my opinion regarding winning the Final4, some might agree, some not, it's subjective

Panathinaikos, won in 2011.
    Participated in 2012 and should have won if it wasn't for the most awful refereeing I've witnessed in that level.
    2013-2017. No Final Four and only almost made it once (2013).

I think everyone would take being in the F4 every year. Because not making it usually means irrelevance.

Winning it alone is a great feat but if you want to be considered a great team, it's good to be part of the competition very often. Winning of course is better. Look at Tau/Kutxa/Saski/Baskonia whatever their name is in the 2000s.
    2005- finalist
    2006-3rd place
    2007-4th place
    2008-4th place

It took them 8 years to rejoin the Final Four and of course a win would be great, but people respected this team back in the 2000s. We don't actually have an example of a team winning it once and not being in the F4 a lot so I don't really have a counter argument. You could argue Real Madrid if you discount their latest success in 2015 where they reached the F4 two times as runner up before winning it the third time.
    At the end of the day, it's all about respect. Last 'one-off' winner was Zalgiris back in 1999. I don't think they ever made a F4 appearance before or after.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvertis4 View Post
    Panathinaikos, won in 2011.
    Participated in 2012 and should have won if it wasn't for the most awful refereeing I've witnessed in that level.
    2013-2017. No Final Four and only almost made it once (2013).

I think everyone would take being in the F4 every year. Because not making it usually means irrelevance.

Winning it alone is a great feat but if you want to be considered a great team, it's good to be part of the competition very often. Winning of course is better. Look at Tau/Kutxa/Saski/Baskonia whatever their name is in the 2000s.
    2005- finalist
    2006-3rd place
    2007-4th place
    2008-4th place

It took them 8 years to rejoin the Final Four and of course a win would be great, but people respected this team back in the 2000s. We don't actually have an example of a team winning it once and not being in the F4 a lot so I don't really have a counter argument. You could argue Real Madrid if you discount their latest success in 2015 where they reached the F4 two times as runner up before winning it the third time.
    At the end of the day, it's all about respect. Last 'one-off' winner was Zalgiris back in 1999. I don't think they ever made a F4 appearance before or after.
    We didn't, EL changed too much for us to be able to do this, even tho we were close once with Sabas on board. Anyway I wouldn't change that win for 10 final4s, it was simply amazing experience, nothing can match it. I very well know that from Lithuanian NT participation in Olympics, we've been in final4 5 times in a row, won 3 medals, but when you are in final 4 and finish without a medal... Yeah, it's still great and so, you're 4th in the world, but you still feel bitterness, dissapointment, cause you know that you had it all to get it. We've been respected as bball nation, but you can't hang respect on your neck...

Some interesting stats on how important Gist is to PAO.
    With Gist we have a record of 9-3, without him 10-8 whilst with Gentile we had a negative record of 8-10. That's how bad he was.

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041