No announcement yet.

2017 NBA Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade's 2006 was one of the more impressive Finals performances I've seen but that was pre-injury. Post-injury he isn't half of thqt player and that was true when LeBron got there in 2010. Had he gotten over himself and given the team to LeBron like he should have, it would have been Miami playing Golden State in 2015 after winning four straight titles. He still has yet to accept his new reality and adapt as a player and collectively with Rondo turned the Bulls into an absolute mess. And you can't dismiss what Shaq did or James Posey -who also helped Boston win.

Spurs beat a team who beat themselves but now Memphis, Atlanta, Philadelphia, and especially Golden State have used former members of their organization to build their teams and in the case of Golden State have perfected it. None of those teams have Kawhi but Golden State has two fantastic two-way wings with Durant and a potential third on top of that in Looney. And they have by far the most efficient point guard in the league. But what makes Golden State so unbeatable is that no matter what they do, they do it to fit their blueprint. They always have one two-way wing, one athletic big, one combo forward, one two-way guard, and one scoring guard off the bench. Minimum. They draft Looney as a potential Draymond or H Barnes replacement, draft McCaw as a potential Barbosa/Livingston replacement, draft Damian Jones as a potential Ezeli/Bogut replacement, and they sign Durant entirely because he fits what they like in a combo forward. They sign Clark and let Holiday walk, trade Lee and after a year of bad decisions to find his replacement eventually sign West and Zaza who have been huge in their own ways plus JaVale to replace what Ezeli aand Bogut gave them.

Memphis, San Antonio, and now Philadelphia basically think they can add any player to the mix and it kills them. The Spurs have made mostly questionable first round selections going back to 2010 or so, and Murray is by far their worst. Memphis too with the additions of Wade Baldwin and Harrison. I won't get into the questionable point guard moves my Sixers have made. Atlanta and Golden State on the other hand have mostly stuck to their blueprint and in Golden State's case almost to perfection. Golden State has also learned from their mistakes. They thought they could replace Lee easily last season but learned their lesson and made it a priority this past offseason -a much more important move than signing Durant.
    Last edited by CHBB; 05-17-2017, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• There is "playing alongside Lebron" and there is "playing without Lebron". That Miami team was ridiciolous. What I am saying is that bball circulation >>>>>>> one on one, unless we are talking Westbrook, Curry, Durant type where 1 on 1 exclusively might even make sense from time to time. Wade had some great performances, but It will be hard to convience me his team won those titles due to Wade as much as "even with the way Wade played" occasionaly. Tuning that tone down a bit and there's how I've seen Wade through most of his career.
      And it's not a Wade-knocking, various teams with various styles play differently and it's up to the coach to try to get the perfect mold. Not the way I believe best basketball is played, but it still won them some titles.
      Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
      That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Celtics completey destroyed by Cavs... I mean sure Cavs was favorite but they were playing in Boston... I don't even want to imagine what will happen at Cleveland...
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• Honestly I don't think the location this series is played in matters. The matchup is the same regardless.

In fact I was thinking today that I don't know the last time any Conference Finals was so one-sided let alone both. I mean this is insane.

Also it's kind of funny that ten years after LeBron basically just had Boobie Gibson to rely on in the Finals, Kawhi just has Jonathan Simmons and that just like those Cavs teams, the Spurs can't buy a damn rebound or block shots to save their life. Bet nobody thought the tables would turn like this.

Also my thoughts on Kyrie are no secret but I have to admit he's looked a lot quicker and actually in shape this postseason, like he did as a rookie.

Comment

• Cavs up 41 at halftime in Boston. This is reminiscent of USA-Angola '92 or USA-Nigeria in 2012.
            Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Celtics didn't stand a chance. Cavs haven't even hit their stride yet. This is terrifying.

Comment

• Throw the damn towel !

FENERBAHÇE
                --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
                --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
                --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
                --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

• This was sick.
                  Aftere watching more or less 4 basketball games within last 24 hours, this Cavs performance was so many light years away from euroleague F4 level that it wasn't even funny. The gap widened horrificly within the last decade.

After a game like this, of course noone could believe Celtics might actualy win a game, let alone series.
                  Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                  That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Haha oh my god the "Throw the damn towel" one had me dying.

Cleveland is "all in". Unlike Golden State they have zero planning for the future and it will seriously hurt them down the road but they are just too much for the East this year.

Comment

• I like the defensive unit of Simmons, Dedmon, Anderson and Forbes. Throw in David Lee for toughness and it brings somewhat the same dose of Warriors ballhawking defense -- ball deflections, quick convergence on the paint and scrambles rather quick on stop gap situations. Problem is the big defensive gap left behind by Leonard and Aldridge being defensively absent despite healthy.
                      Sacramento Kings
                      HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Kawhi is out!

Instead of great series, this will be one more sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
                          Kawhi is out!

Instead of great series, this will be one more sweep.
                          And Thomas is out for Boston so there's another sweep. But they would have swept them with Thomas anyway.
                          Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

• Isaiah Thomas is also reportedly be out of the playoffs. They have the draft to look forward to.
                            Sacramento Kings
                            HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

• Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
                              I like the defensive unit of Simmons, Dedmon, Anderson and Forbes. Throw in David Lee for toughness and it brings somewhat the same dose of Warriors ballhawking defense -- ball deflections, quick convergence on the paint and scrambles rather quick on stop gap situations. Problem is the big defensive gap left behind by Leonard and Aldridge being defensively absent despite healthy.
                              Yeah that is a solid defensive lineup.

The problem is Pop keeps putting in Murray and not only does kid not play any defense, he screws up the offense and takes teammates out of rhythm. Such a waste of a draft pick.

My biggest reason to watch is to see how some of these inexperienced guys play, especially Simmons, Dedmon, and Bertans. Even though Simmons is 27 going on 28, he could have a bright future as a two-way point guard and combine with Kawhi, Green, and Dedmon to be a stifling defensive unit.

Comment

• Another pathetic loss by San Antonio that mostly featured DeJounte Murray doing tons of dribbling. He again played more than Simmons and Dedmon didn't play until garbage time. Great way to ensure a loss.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information