Euroleague Regular Season: Week 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beno View Post
    They maybe won't did it openly, but in this level it's enough to not go out fully motivated. But it really depends on what will Fener do in Madrid next week.
    I see that they play last.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Drexler View Post
      Originally posted by Beno View Post
      They maybe won't did it openly, but in this level it's enough to not go out fully motivated.
      My point is, Itoudis's first concern would be Obradovic, not the public opinion and i don't think you can fool any coach in this level...
      I would believe that a coach's first concern would be his own team and enhancing the probability of success. Helping kick Fener out of the F4 would be to the benefit of CSKA.
      Last edited by Levenspiel; 03-24-2017, 03:57 PM. Reason: quote box fixed
      "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

"If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

"You are really funny thinking that you will be the ones to kick PANATHINAIKOS out of euroleague. We will do it ourselves." - saras (not the player )

Comment

• Originally posted by kzav View Post
        I would believe that a coach's first concern would be his own team and enhancing the probability of success. Helping kick Fener out of the F4 would be to the benefit of CSKA.
        I don't share your opinion, Success at the expense of sports ethics is not the style of most coaches...

I'm not saying that Itoudis is affraid of Jelyko or something, but their relation is more important than this kind of non ethical calibration that CSKA doesn't need to lift the trophy...
        Last edited by Levenspiel; 03-24-2017, 03:58 PM. Reason: quote box fixed

Comment

I don't share your opinion, Success at the expense of sports ethics is not the style of most coaches...

I'm not saying that Itoudis is affraid of Jelyko or something, but their relation is more important than this kind of non ethical calibration that CSKA doesn't need to lift the trophy...
          It's not just Itoudis. Pao players will be more motivated. What can Itoudis do if Teo decides to play an easy game?
          Last edited by Levenspiel; 03-24-2017, 03:59 PM. Reason: quote box fixed
          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by jonga View Post
            Hahaha, some fans you still live in the past. CSKA have the same chances to win in the OAKA than in Vitoria, the same. I never said "no one is favorite in Vitoria besides Baskonia", I'm realistic. Then you can win, but CSKA is better team so they are the favorites. And normally is better to be first than second.
            The difference between you and me is that i speak according to facts while according your love.
            This year with one way or another we have lost whole season only one game in oaka against OLY ,which as we know is the team that know us better and there are also other factors occuring,while we had living a shock of Gist s injury.please tell me how many times this year Baskonia has been defeated at home?
            And again i am not talking about the best team in euroleague,or about an undefeated team , i am talking that no team in europe exists that in oaka is favorite torwards pao.numbers prove my point.
            Ofcourse we can lose but always the favorite is such games will be PAO.
            1st in IBN 2018-2019
            2nd in IBN 2016-2017
            2nd in IBN 2015-2016
            1st in IBN 2014-2015
            2nd in IBN 2013-2014
            2nd in IBN 2012-2013
            2nd in IBN 2010-2011
            3nd in IBN 2009-2010
            1st in IBN 2008-2009
            2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
            https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
            @RankingsSport

Comment

• Originally posted by Beno View Post

It's not just Itoudis. Pao players will be more motivated. What can Itoudis do if Teo decides to play an easy game?
              Well i still don't think it will happen, but the answer will be revealed within few days anyways no matter what the result will be, and i wish to be right for the sake of sportsmanship... ( i can only comprehend some individuals to go easy to avoid any injury)

In the mean time, If there will be any tanking attempts to avoid Fener, i will surely have more faith for reaching the f4 and beyond based on historical events in basketball..

To conclude, Hell of a Season, So many variables, and seems like the season has more surprises to offer and few more critical injuries can drastically change the odds... Getting to the playoffs healthy has almost become as much important as the home court advantage..
              Last edited by Levenspiel; 03-24-2017, 03:59 PM. Reason: quote box fixed

Comment

Well i still don't think it will happen, but the answer will be revealed within few days anyways no matter what the result will be, and i wish to be right for the sake of sportsmanship... ( i can only comprehend some individuals to go easy to avoid any injury)

In the mean time, If there will be any tanking attempts to avoid Fener, i will surely have more faith for reaching the f4 and beyond based on historical events in basketball..

To conclude, Hell of a Season, So many variables, and seems like the season has more surprises to offer and few more critical injuries can drastically change the odds...
                there is the most sportsman way to avoid all speculation, Fener has just to win last 2 games.
                Last edited by Levenspiel; 03-24-2017, 04:00 PM. Reason: quote box fixed
                previously known as Beno

Comment

• Well, Don't get me wrong, If we miss the 4th cuz of any team tanking, It should never be an excuse and,at least you won't see me blaming any team except my own..

But still, I'd love to see that no team tanks. Basketball gods usually punish the Tankers...

Comment

• Last year in regular season fener could eliminate Real, by winning their game in Madrid. Real eventually won the game despite the fact that they were trailing by double digits at some point. If I am not mistaken Fener rested some players but I might be wrong.

I expect Real not to play at full strength next week. Bogdanovic and Sloukas will also be available in that game.

Of course that might not matter if Baskonia have lost the game against Gala the day before. In that case a 3-team tie isn't possible unless Barca beats fener away.

Imo Fener will finish 4th, Pao 5th and Efes 6th
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                      Last year in regular season fener could eliminate Real, by winning their game in Madrid. Real eventually won the game despite the fact that they were trailing by double digits at some point. If I am not mistaken Fener rested some players but I might be wrong.

I expect Real not to play at full strength next week. Bogdanovic and Sloukas will also be available in that game. Of course that might not mattet if Baskonia have lost the game against Gala the day before. In that case a 3-team tie isn't possible unless Barca beats fener away.

Imo Fener will finish 4th, Pao 5th and Efes 6th
                      Fener has been criticized among the fans last years since they have missed the chance to eliminate Madrid out of the equation pretty early. I think we would if we could...

As for the Real-Fener Game, We have some kind of controlled tension between Fener and Real,I'm pretty much sure they'll play with full strength...

On a side note, Fener won the last 5 Real Games including a pre-season one, while Real eliminated Fener in f4 semi 2015, that's kinda similar with the situation between Fener and Baskonia, We eliminated them in f4 and since then they always put extra motivation to Fener games and managed to beat us in the last 2 games..
                      Last edited by Drexler; 03-24-2017, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• This Euroleague has some very strange results when it comes to motivation, which is a great thing btw. You would expect a team with motivation and/ or better record/ form playing at home etc. to beat one way or another an indifferent team, but many times this wasn't the case. Just in the last couple of rounds we saw for instance Bamberg beating Efes, Maccabi beating Fener and Galata beating Oly. All three on the road!

Comment

• What happened to Colom?

Comment

• Time for some Koksal magic in the second half, to take care of Dacka!

That and Young Bulgarian Micov to help us out

Comment

• The 37th game between Olympiacos and Real Madrid tonight. Olympiacos ahead 19-17

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                                Bogdanovic and Sloukas will also be available in that game.
                                There is no way Sloukas will play next week. He is out at least 3 more weeks. He just started slow runs this week.
                                Without him and Datome, Real will beat us 99%. The players did this to themselves, we are going to be 6th and will possibly miss F4 due to stupid losses to Maccabi (2), Kazan, Efes, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information