Gilas Golden Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
    You must be pretty good to be invited to this game (jr team USA)..

BTW the guy was voted the best high school player in Oregon!

Sorry had to edit video due to privacy
    Sorry I'm not able to access the link. I have a question, won't it complicate future Gilas situation?

Comment

Originally posted by monsoonxvi View Post
      Sorry I'm not able to access the link. I have a question, won't it complicate future Gilas situation?
      You mean playing in a Junior Team USA event (blue vs white)? Well obviously if he plays officially in a FIBA tournament for Team USA. of course if he becomes that good he will opt to play for the US. I'm hoping which I think is feasible he won't make the final cut for any official US team. The good point is the mere fact he's being considered is a testament to how good he is. He could really end up as a Blatche and Doulthit level talent coming out of college ( Worthy of naturalizing thourgh congress level)

Oh i purposly broke the link , due to privacy concerns
      NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

You mean playing in a Junior Team USA event (blue vs white)? Well obviously if he plays officially in a FIBA tournament for Team USA. of course if he becomes that good he will opt to play for the US. I'm hoping which I think is feasible he won't make the final cut for any official US team. The good point is the mere fact he's being considered is a testament to how good he is. He could really end up as a Blatche and Doulthit level talent coming out of college ( Worthy of naturalizing thourgh congress level)

We are ralking here of Kamaka Hepa?

Comment

Do we need to naturalized him through Congress? My understanding is , he could be an uneligible Fil American Naturalized Player like Mo Tautuaa or Christian Hermoso.

Comment

Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
            Do we need to naturalized him through Congress? My understanding is , he could be an uneligible Fil American Naturalized Player like Mo Tautuaa or Christian Hermoso.
            No need to go through congress, my point was that at the projected rate Hepa is developing he could end up at Blatche/ Marcus type level ( NBA prospect) rather than simply Mo or Christian level.
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

Look who # 57 in blue is
              NBA Scouts attend intense scrimmage at the Portland Trailblazers practice facility as part of the 2017 Nike Hoop Summit.Team USA:9 - Michael Porter, 8 - Coll...

Comment

Sorry for OT, no idea where to post this, Hopefully a future 6'7"-6'8 Eddie Laure would be serviceable as a 3 or 4. Hope he could be as talented as his elder sisters

Comment

so he's playing for Team USA? no more chance for him to join batang gilas and gilas in the future?
                  The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                    so he's playing for Team USA? no more chance for him to join batang gilas and gilas in the future?
                    Hope he wont get included to USA under 18 youth team for Gilas sake. From all indication , based from the video , he wont. Ginawa lang silang poster ng mga top players ng US.

Comment

• alternative reality

it would have been nice if all the Filipinos are 4 inches taller than their original height and at least 20 lbs heftier and no decrease of speed, athleticism and skill.Pingris and Ranidel would have been at least 6 foot 9.Japeth and Junmar would have been 7 foot 1 inch(215 cm) with Japeth being from 230 to 250 lbs and Junmare being 260 to 280 lbs. Gabe norwood would have been at least 6 foot 8 while we will have a 6 foot 3 Terrence Romeo and a 6 foot 2 Jason Castro.That would have been very scary to our international opponents probably we will have Filipino NBA players if that would be the case.
                      Last edited by Alex07; 04-10-2017, 07:42 AM.
                      "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
                        it would have been nice if all the Filipinos are 4 inches taller than their original height and at least 20 lbs heftier and no decrease of speed, athleticism and skill.Pingris and Ranidel would have been at least 6 foot 9.Japeth and Junmar would have been 7 foot 1 inch(215 cm) with Japeth being from 230 to 250 lbs and Junmare being 260 to 280 lbs. Gabe norwood would have been at least 6 foot 8 while we will have a 6 foot 3 Terrence Romeo and a 6 foot 2 Jason Castro.That would have been very scary to our international opponents probably we will have Filipino NBA players if that would be the case.
                        me too have been imagining this kind of "What If" since late 80's-90's specifically for these players:

Benjie Paras 6'10"
                        Alvin Patrimonio 6'8"
                        Nelson Asaytono 6'8"
                        Jerry Codinera 6'11"
                        Jolas 6'5"
                        Samboy Lim 6'5"
                        Allan Caidic 6'6"
                        Noli Locsin 6'8"
                        Bong Hawkins 6'8"
                        Johnny Abarrientos 6'0"
                        Ronnie Magsanoc 6'2"
                        Hector Calma 6'2"
                        Dondon Amplayo 6'8"
                        Kenneth Duremdes 6'7"
                        Danny Ildefonso 6'10"
                        Dennis Espino 6'11"
                        Vergel Meneses 6'8"
                        Bong Alvarez 6'5"

how I wish it could be a reality to our GGG
                        in 10-15 years and i can still wait for that
                        Last edited by Wannabe; 04-10-2017, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post
                          me too have been imagining this kind of "What If" since late 80's-90's specifically for these players:

Benjie Paras 6'10"
                          Alvin Patrimonio 6'8"
                          Nelson Asaytono 6'8"
                          Jerry Codinera 6'11"
                          Jolas 6'5"
                          Samboy Lim 6'5"
                          Allan Caidic 6'6"
                          Noli Locsin 6'8"
                          Bong Hawkins 6'8"
                          Johnny Abarrientos 6'0"
                          Ronnie Magsanoc 6'2"
                          Hector Calma 6'2"
                          Dondon Amplayo 6'8"
                          Kenneth Duremdes 6'7"
                          Danny Ildefonso 6'10"
                          Dennis Espino 6'11"
                          Vergel Meneses 6'8"
                          Bong Alvarez 6'5"

Man imagine a 6'8 Asaytono regularly posterizing 7'2 Zhan Tao and 6'10 Gong Xaobin or a 6'7 Vergel Meneses breaking Hu Weidong, Ma Jian, and Su Jun's ankles.. From the past till now we do really have the skills and some atlethicism we just lack the height

Comment

• and what if those legends has the heart same with our Gilas boys... maybe they can compete against top Asian team or in the worlds.

#GilasForever
                            If force, speed, acceleration, gravity, distance and time can compute then why we used chances when it comes to dice. PROBABILITY is just an excuse for a complex computation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wannabe View Post

Benjie Paras 6'10"
                              Alvin Patrimonio 6'8"
                              Nelson Asaytono 6'8"
                              Jerry Codinera 6'11"
                              Jolas 6'5"
                              Samboy Lim 6'5"
                              Allan Caidic 6'6"
                              Noli Locsin 6'8"
                              Bong Hawkins 6'8"
                              Johnny Abarrientos 6'0"
                              Ronnie Magsanoc 6'2"
                              Hector Calma 6'2"
                              Dondon Amplayo 6'8"
                              Kenneth Duremdes 6'7"
                              Danny Ildefonso 6'10"
                              Dennis Espino 6'11"
                              Vergel Meneses 6'8"
                              Bong Alvarez 6'5"

They would've become NBA players!
                              Following Pinoy Hoops While Doing The Laundry At The Same Time!
                              #labapilipinas

Comment

• Hopefully, the trend of Pinoys getting taller continues and this GGG batch becomes the norm for the future. And I think that will be the case.

Until then we should train what we have (6' - 6'4") to achieve elite guard skills. If Jeremy Lin could do it, there's no reason a pinoy can't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information