Gilas Golden Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sajubeads View Post
    They are doing that at Ateneo High School, Eaglets starter in the 2nd round and play-off s were , 6-11 Sotto at C, PF 6-5 Berjay , SF 6-4 Credo , SG: 6-3 Ildefonso and 5-11 Belangel. I dont know if it's due to the influence of Tab Baldwin or Coach Joe Silva has some European blood. Yun nga lang they were beaten by small.ballFEU in the semis with a 6-3 Roman C, 5-11 PF in Gloria , 5-11'SF in Abarrientos , 5-10 Gonzales and 5-6 PG. I dont know though if anyone from Feu HS will make it to PBA.or even Gilas. From the Ateneo team though, I think at least two can make it to Gilas Cadets pool and probably all can have a.productive PBA career.

Taller than Gilas starting 5

Comment

Originally posted by jlaklak View Post
      6-11 Sotto at C, PF 6-5 Berjay , SF 6-4 Credo , SG: 6-3 Ildefonso and 5-11 Belangel.

Taller than Gilas starting 5
      Ateneo may be on to something. That core team plus Hepa, Edu and whoever turns out to be tall shooters and this team ain't so bad. I just really want at least one more 6'2" or above PG, this should not be as hard as finding 7-footers of which we actually have potentially 3 for this batch. There's about 5 years before Sotto's batch matures, that's the window. With that amount of time, a lot can be done if we start things now.

I don't know what will be the system/blueprint of the current Gilas cadets, but Sotto's batch has so much more potential so resources should be allocated accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by charmed View Post
        Dapat lang. Hindi naman dapat paiklian ng titi ang recruitment sa pba at national teams.

Si AVO nga na kakainin ng buhay ng college forwards ay pinagtyagaan pa ng san miguel dahil hindi nga maikli yung kanya.

(O yan, kailangan paminsan minsan parang comments sa PEX ang posts para malakas at tama ang message.)
        Madalas yung maikli, dinadaan sa taas ng ihi

Kidding aside, at the younger ages, smaller players have a lot of advantages: speed, coordination, strength (and most of the time before puberty hits they even have the size advantage because they usually grow tall early) but we have to look past this and look long-term. When constructing the potential GGG (Gilas Golden Generation) look at future potential instead of current ability. Just like how the NBA drafts. Now if GGG has a recipe/blueprint in place for the desired size and skill for each position, then choosing and grooming prospects can be done more systematically. I say choose big and train small.

Comment

Interestingly is AJ Edu and Hepa are born on the same month ( January 2000) , so the Golden generation could be categorized as those born in this century
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

They are doing that at Ateneo High School, Eaglets starter in the 2nd round and play-off s were , 6-11 Sotto at C, PF 6-5 Berjay , SF 6-4 Credo , SG: 6-3 Ildefonso and 5-11 Belangel. I dont know if it's due to the influence of Tab Baldwin or Coach Joe Silva has some European blood. Yun nga lang they were beaten by small.ballFEU in the semis with a 6-3 Roman C, 5-11 PF in Gloria , 5-11'SF in Abarrientos , 5-10 Gonzales and 5-6 PG. I dont know though if anyone from Feu HS will make it to PBA.or even Gilas. From the Ateneo team though, I think at least two can make it to Gilas Cadets pool and probably all can have a.productive PBA career.
            Call it the Wally Pipp saga of UAAP juniors basketball. Coach Silva was forced to hasten the maturity of Sotto in the second round due to an injury. The starting center of AHS, 6' 6" Zach Salazar injured his shoulder in a game against either NU or Adamson and was never the same through the end of the season. Rather than go small, Silva decides to go big and doubled the playing time of Sotto but Kyle was still on restricted playing time of less than 20 minutes per game. The margin of victory for FEU over UST was very small in the battle of mama and bata. The top 7 players of AHS are all current 11th graders except for Kyle who is in 8th grade.

Sir Analyzed, time to prove your theory that together, Ed Maagdenberg and Sotto can dominate Philippine high school basketball. If rumors are true that Chiu plans to transfer to AHS, what a frontline 6-11, 6-8 and 6-5. My bubwit in Moro tells me that an offer may have been extended to Ed to transfer as early as possible. This will allow Ed and Kyle to play together for Batang Gilas U-16 and next seasons U-18.

Comment

^
              Your "bubwit" seems to really have access to inside info It's hard to move a high school kid away from family at such a young age, will see.
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                Interestingly is AJ Edu and Hepa are born on the same month ( January 2000) , so the Golden generation could be categorized as those born in this century
                That is a good omen for the GGG. And 2000 is the year of the Dragon.

Comment

Question are 6-11 Sotto at C, PF 6-5 Berjay , SF 6-4 Credo , SG: 6-3 Ildefonso and 5-11 Belangel.

all born year 2000 or later? that's the cut off to be eligible for the U18 FIBA Asia next year

Comment

Question are 6-11 Sotto at C, PF 6-5 Berjay , SF 6-4 Credo , SG: 6-3 Ildefonso and 5-11 Belangel.

all born year 2000 or later? that's the cut off to be eligible for the U18 FIBA Asia next year
                    Berjay , Credo , Ildefonso and Belangel were member of RP under 16 Youth team in 2015 unfortunately only Ildefonso was born in 2000, the rest were delivered 1999.

Comment

Originally posted by BLUE HORSE View Post
                      Call it the Wally Pipp saga of UAAP juniors basketball. Coach Silva was forced to hasten the maturity of Sotto in the second round due to an injury. The starting center of AHS, 6' 6" Zach Salazar injured his shoulder in a game against either NU or Adamson and was never the same through the end of the season. Rather than go small, Silva decides to go big and doubled the playing time of Sotto but Kyle was still on restricted playing time of less than 20 minutes per game. The margin of victory for FEU over UST was very small in the battle of mama and bata. The top 7 players of AHS are all current 11th graders except for Kyle who is in 8th grade.

Sir Analyzed, time to prove your theory that together, Ed Maagdenberg and Sotto can dominate Philippine high school basketball. If rumors are true that Chiu plans to transfer to AHS, what a frontline 6-11, 6-8 and 6-5. My bubwit in Moro tells me that an offer may have been extended to Ed to transfer as early as possible. This will allow Ed and Kyle to play together for Batang Gilas U-16 and next seasons U-18.
                      In the two games semis matchup between FEU and Ateneo , the margin of victory is just 2-3 points. Meaning the kids were able to hang with the Mama ... Perhaps nerves and inexperience got the bestbof the Eaglets.

Comment

Berjay , Credo , Ildefonso and Belangel were member of RP under 16 Youth team in 2015 unfortunately only Ildefonso was born in 2000, the rest were delivered 1999.
                        So we need a PG, hmm Tyler Martin whose 6 feet and 15 yrs old might do

Comment

Watched Martin lived last week during NBTC in their game against FEU , to me looks impressive with his handles and outside shooting. In your second game in which he topscored he had I think 6 three pointers. Is their any invitation for him for under 16 team. With the absence of Adamson guards in Youth practice , only Fortea is one of the true PG in the pool.

Comment

a point guard ala brickman but with shooting. We need that kind of PG. Imagine brickman with passing skills plus a good shooting touch from the perimeter.
                            Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

In the two games semis matchup between FEU and Ateneo , the margin of victory is just 2-3 points. Meaning the kids were able to hang with the Mama ... Perhaps nerves and inexperience got the bestbof the Eaglets.
                              More like minama. In a 2 point loss, game was tied and AHS Had possession when a Belangel started to drive to the basket. The FEU guard flopped and SJ was called for a charging foul, his fifth. AHS unraveled without their point guard and leader. I also feel that Joe Silva was out coached in the series.

Point guard is a concern knowing that a number of schools will not release their players to Batang Gilas. Guard play in the South East Asia sectional has always been the strength of prior Batang Gilas teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                                a point guard ala brickman but with shooting. We need that kind of PG. Imagine brickman with passing skills plus a good shooting touch from the perimeter.
                                Plus, at 6 feet a good size for a PG

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information