Gilas Golden Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patay-butiki View Post
    I hope the 6-9 shan chiu does not become another gian chiu (are they related?).

The 6-7 cortez sana can be trained at SF. And maybe he can still grow a couple more inches and be our poor man's version of KD.

By the way, is the 6-7 tamayo really injured? O di lang pinayagan?
    Yes he is injured.

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      I'm going to propose something to the SBP, which I think really makes sense, given Tab works with youth players (Ateneo) and is a good teacher development coach. Given he has a good understanding of foreign young players (Fil-foreigners ) being an American and Kiwi himself. ( note Fil- foreigners respect them more than they do any local coach)

I think he would be an excellent choice to lead this Gilas Golden generation , what I mean in real terms is he should be the 2018 FIBA Asia U 18 Batang Gilas coach.
      Then the risk of Gilas losing against Kiwis every single time in any major tournament will appreciatively be so much greater. You must remember, IMO, how he subconsciously disfavored a Gilas win against his beloved Kiwis in the OQT hence his demotion.

It is tricky and even hard to prove, but soft evidence in the Gilas game against NZ is so glaring to a "patriot", that all it takes is to view the game in the mindset to look for obstacles Baldwin put in place against them and you will find NONE... equally, looking for substitution patterns (especially with Blatche and Fajardo) that Baldwin used that were so weak that gave Gilas so much difficulty in that game is conversely in abundance.

I can see a trainer /developmental "assistant" coach role for Baldwin is conceivable, but a headcoach, national level, who has strings to disfavor our chances against NZ competition in the future? is as stupid move as can be for SBP management.

Comment

^
        Even if that was a valid concern (disadvantage vs Kiwis), which I think is absurd. the chances of playing a Kiwi youth team ( U18, u16) in the next 2 years ( Tab's contract) are extremely remote, much more that game being a deciding game to qualify further. If trainer /developmental and recruiting fil -foreigners are traits high on the list for a "youth" team programme head, then that makes Tab an excellent choice to head the initiative, especially given he already is under contract. (might as well leverage his strengths , since your already paying him)
        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

^
          Here is why a critical (deciding) game vs a NZ youth team is extremely remote. One there is only one feasible competition the U18 , FIBA Asia. 2018. Two - it hasn't been decided yet that for the youth competition, when U18 competition will be merged (Asia -Oceania), 3. Unlike the world cup qualifiers format of a home and away scenario- U18 competition is still tournament play, (and not the OQT type, were it's 1 or 2 games ( the NZ game decided Gilas fate) , U 18 is going to be 1st round, 2nd round semis etc. format. the chances of us landing a game vs NZ (if at all they're in the competition) is remote. Bottom line is this to make a decision on that factor (unfavor vs kiwis) to be a youth development head is not logical given the unlikely chances of us even meeting NZ in youth play.
          NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
          https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
            Then the risk of Gilas losing against Kiwis every single time in any major tournament will appreciatively be so much greater. You must remember, IMO, how he subconsciously disfavored a Gilas win against his beloved Kiwis in the OQT hence his demotion.

It is tricky and even hard to prove, but soft evidence in the Gilas game against NZ is so glaring to a "patriot", that all it takes is to view the game in the mindset to look for obstacles Baldwin put in place against them and you will find NONE... equally, looking for substitution patterns (especially with Blatche and Fajardo) that Baldwin used that were so weak that gave Gilas so much difficulty in that game is conversely in abundance.

I can see a trainer /developmental "assistant" coach role for Baldwin is conceivable, but a headcoach, national level, who has strings to disfavor our chances against NZ competition in the future? is as stupid move as can be for SBP management.
            isnt it coach tab baldwin the coach of Lebanon that time that lost to new zealand horribly? They performed well except the game vs new zealand. Even lithuania were all praises to them.. questionable bald guy.
            They call me THE HERO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ador Cruzado View Post
              isnt it coach tab baldwin the coach of Lebanon that time that lost to new zealand horribly? They performed well except the game vs new zealand. Even lithuania were all praises to them.. questionable bald guy.
              The Webster's killed Gilas yet, not only did Abueva ( a known defensive stalwart with boundless energy) not make the bus, Norwood, our best defender on the team, was never by careful design nor was strategically assigned to any of them... then Romeo, an offensive dynamo, BUT a huge defensive liability surprisingly ate up a majority of Castro's minutes even if he wasn't having a very good offensive game while Jayson, Asia's best point guard was having his way in the first canto with trey conversions effectively providing great gaps and openings for the team. Pure coaching/scouting misfire.

The substitution patterns were ridiculous, (my indicator for something gone rotten) those that made headway on the floor did not merit extended minutes, while those that were bad mismatches received plenty burn to the detriment of Gilas' plight.

Rosario, rookie who was then still wet behind the ears went too extended and exploitable burn on the floor, too much Pingris.. no disrespect, but too little of JuneMar playing alongside with Andray.

Any further, will be ranting, but with valid arguments, IMO, which I will just keep in check with respect to hopes for a better future than dwelling on a bad deal in the past.
              Last edited by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid; 03-28-2017, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                Hey Monsoonxvi, your term , GGG (Golden Gilas Generation) is now circulating the SBP circles, I used the term (which I got from you) to gain buy in for using the U18 Gilas team next year as a catalyst for recruiting Fil-foreigners to play next year's FIBA AsiaU18 and for gilas 2020 and beyond. This could be Tab's next project
                Really, that's wonderful. Glad to contribute in any way More than having a catchy moniker, I hope it makes people aware that GGG represents a special opportunity that we should not take for granted and go to waste. We have about five years to prepare, if we do not prepare carefully, then the opportunity will be lost.
                Last edited by monsoonxvi; 03-28-2017, 05:26 AM.

Comment

There is seems to be a feeling of doubt with Coach Tab heading Gilas Pilipinas.There seems to be conflict with feeling of patriotism for Kiwis while Gilas was playing with New Zealand during Fiba QQT held in Manila.I believe it should be a Filipino head coaching Gilas.
                  Do you want to save big bucks for a T-shirt👕?Hurry up for our Online Store Promo,Our Volt Design T-shirt has Some Old Stocks T-shirts that are selling for 49 Pesos plus 79 pesos Shipping fee nationwide.🛵COD within Metro Manila is available,Pay 79 pesos shipping fee first on Provincial COD.Order Now!!🥰
                  Buy here👉https://www.pinoyhoopz.com/promo.html

Comment

I think for the current age of the GGG, more or less about 16 yrs old, more than game coaches what they need are skills coaches/trainers. Skills training should be top priority for young players. It's also more feasible even if they are currently from different teams. Does anyone here know who are the top skills trainers in the Philippines?

Example of a top skills trainer for NBA players is Idan Ravin, he is a behind-the-scenes guy who casual fans do not know exist yet very instrumental in the skill development of players like Chris Paul, Carmelo and LeBron.

Comment

Originally posted by monsoonxvi View Post
                      I think for the current age of the GGG, more or less about 16 yrs old, more than game coaches what they need are skills coaches/trainers. Skills training should be top priority for young players. It's also more feasible even if they are currently from different teams. Does anyone here know who are the top skills trainers in the Philippines?

Example of a top skills trainer for NBA players is Idan Ravin, he is a behind-the-scenes guy who casual fans do not know exist yet very instrumental in the skill development of players like Chris Paul, Carmelo and LeBron.
                      they can tap cholo villanueva. that guy help develop canaleta's shooting. also josh reyes is also a good skills coach. he also help castro's game. If ever they can also get uichico or ryan gregorio at youth level squads.
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                        they can tap cholo villanueva. that guy help develop canaleta's shooting.
                        Sorry, but where did you get the idea that Villanueva was responsible for Canaleta's shooting upgrade?

Comment

Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                          Sorry, but where did you get the idea that Villanueva was responsible for Canaleta's shooting upgrade?
                          so it's not cholo? then who?
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                            so it's not cholo? then who?
                            You may have thought Reamily was stating a fact when he posted that it was Cholo who refined Niño's shooting. Far from the truth, actually...

Cholo's a good coach, an effective communicator, and a capable scout. But a shooting coach he never was....

Comment

If it is just about shooting well, 500 practice shots a day is still the effective cure. Skills coaching works mostly for defending tactics and one-on-one plays. For decision-making skills like ball distribution, EQ is more important; pag swapang, swapang talaga.

Comment

Getting training from world-class trainers are a whole-nother level. Here's Idan Ravin:

"It's not about the hours; you can take eleven hundred shots and be impressed with your effort, or you can take five that are done in a way that mechanically makes sense to you, and with the speed, focus, and intensity that mirror the action of a game, to create the neural pathways necessary to produce under pressure."

Here he is talking about improving LeBron's shot:

"He is usually up against defenders chosen for their athleticism and length rather than merely their size - he'll blow by them if they're not - so he forfeited his genetic advantage by lowering the ball and making himself smaller. We focused on playing with the ball high, over his head and near his shooting pocket, rather than low, at or below his waist, because this would allow him to shoot quicker. Me and Melo have been working on this for years. It takes time. By connecting the move with something he had seen Melo do many times, I hoped this would trigger visual memories and speed up the learning process."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information