Former PBA players where are they now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YinkaDare
    How about Kenny Evans who once played for Talk n text?
    When Kenny Evans was waived by his last PBA team Talk 'N Text after the 2002 season, he stayed in the Philippines for at least two more years. He found work as a practice player with some PBA teams and played in minor leagues. In 2004, Kenny was all set to play for the Ilocos Sur Snipers in the brand new United Regional Basketball League but the league suddenly gave out a ruling before the start of the tournament that former PBA Fil-Ams are not allowed to play. In time, Kenny decided to return to the United States.
    Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
    Servinio's Blog of Sports
    Servinio's Official YouTube channel
    Servinio's Official TWITTER account
    Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Originally posted by thugpinoy
      How about Abe King? heard he's into drugs?
      Abe King is now based in Washington, DC. I don't think he was involved with illegal drugs because when he was a Paranaque City councilor, he was a staunch anti-drug campaigner.
      Originally posted by thugpinoy
      Jasper Ocampo - former PBA 3point King
      Jasper Ocampo is back in Michigan with his family. He last played for the Laguna Lakers in the MBA from 2000 to 2001.
      Elmer Reyes - one of the " bigotilyo " in the PBA
      After retirement, Elmer Reyes went into coaching. Among the teams he handled were La Salle-Zobel in the UAAP Juniors and Chaz Perfume in the PBL. Reyes also managed to land a job as a playing coach in Brunei in 2002. These days, he can be spotted watching his son Raffy play for the UE Warriors in the UAAP Seniors.
      Lago Brothers - Elmer and Dwight
      Both brothers are married. Elmer returned to the United States after his PBA career ended. Dwight stayed and studied for his Masters degree at AIM.
      Noynoy Chuatico - onced played for Ginebra then Purefoods
      Nonoy Chuatico staged a playing comeback via the MBA's Manila Metrostars in 1998. He also was one of the team's assistant coaches.
      Dante Gonzalgo ?
      Just like Reyes, we may get a Dante Gonzalgo sighting at the UAAP whenever his son Dhanru of the Adamson Falcons has a game. The elder Gonzalgo coached in the PBL with ANA Freezer after his PBA stint ended.
      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
      Servinio's Blog of Sports
      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• Originally posted by Servinio
        Abe King is now based in Washington, DC. I don't think he was involved with illegal drugs because when he was a Paranaque City councilor, he was a staunch anti-drug campaigner.

Jasper Ocampo is back in Michigan with his family. He last played for the Laguna Lakers in the MBA from 2000 to 2001.

After retirement, Elmer Reyes went into coaching. Among the teams he handled were La Salle-Zobel in the UAAP Juniors and Chaz Perfume in the PBL. Reyes also managed to land a job as a playing coach in Brunei in 2002. These days, he can be spotted watching his son Raffy play for the UE Warriors in the UAAP Seniors.

Both brothers are married. Elmer returned to the United States after his PBA career ended. Dwight stayed and studied for his Masters degree at AIM.

Nonoy Chuatico staged a playing comeback via the MBA's Manila Metrostars in 1998. He also was one of the team's assistant coaches.

Just like Reyes, we may get a Dante Gonzalgo sighting at the UAAP whenever his son Dhanru of the Adamson Falcons has a game. The elder Gonzalgo coached in the PBL with ANA Freezer after his PBA stint ended.
        off topic:

Mr. Servinio your thoughts on just concluded FIBA Asia Men's Championship and ofcourse our national team
        PRO DEO ET PATRIA (in the service of God and Country)

Comment

• Hey..Speaking of former PBA players? I wonder where did Chris Jackson go?
          He just disappeared. he is a defensive playah aight?

Do you have any idea guys?

Comment

Hey..Speaking of former PBA players? I wonder where did Chris Jackson go?

diba siya yun pinakasenior na player ng PBA nun 2002? reserve pa nga siya ng RP team e, tanda na yun, baka nagretire na tapos umuwi US.

translation:
            stonewall jackson was the oldest player in the PBA back in 2002, he was also named as a reserve for the Busan Asian Games-bound RP NT.
            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

• Originally posted by saints13
              diba siya yun pinakasenior na player ng PBA nun 2002? reserve pa nga siya ng RP team e, tanda na yun, baka nagretire na tapos umuwi US.

translation:
              stonewall jackson was the oldest player in the PBA back in 2002, he was also named as a reserve for the Busan Asian Games-bound RP NT.

Yeah, maybe he's 40+ y/o now.
              i remember his 3 point percentage is higher than his free throw shooting percentage..
              Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

Hey..Speaking of former PBA players? I wonder where did Chris Jackson go?

I think mr.anthony have answered that....he told that he saw chris jackson along with erwin luna ex-shell player) in a mall....so his in the phil

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveMap2007
                  I think mr.anthony have answered that....he told that he saw chris jackson along with erwin luna ex-shell player) in a mall....so his in the phil
                  ah i see, so he's just around the corner

maybe he went out of the PBA for good together with the disbandment of Shell
                  It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
                  I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

• Former pro cager, female TV reporter exchange blows

INQUIRER.net
                    Last updated 09:19am (Mla time) 08/21/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- A former professional basketball player and a TV reporter figured in a scuffle inside a Mandaluyong police station Tuesday morning, a radio report said.

The brief fight happened after Paul “Bong” Alvarez allegedly elbowed ABS-CBN reporter Gretchen Malalad in the face as the latter was about to ask the former cager why he was detained in the police station, a report of radio dzMM said.

Being a taekwondo black belter and 2005 Southeast Asian Games gold medalist, Malalad instinctively defended herself and countered with several blows against Alvarez, the report said.

The apparently intoxicated Alvarez was earlier brought by barangay officials to the police station for roughing up a taxi driver whom he blamed for trying to overcharge him by taking a longer route -- passing through Boni Avenue in Mandaluyong City -- to his residence in Quiapo, Manila.

Alvarez had hailed the taxi near Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City and initially asked the driver to take him to Pasig City but later changed his mind, the report added.
                    SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

• Geez. And to think I saw Gretchen on Channel 2 just this morning.
                      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Noli Locsin owns a restaurant/bar in Greenhills called Chivs. His wife Maita is the chef.

Mike Mustre can be spotted at San Beda games as his son plays for their HS team.

Wilmer Ong is still around. He recently bought a club share at QC sports club where I saw his application photo posted.

Boybits Victoria formerly of Coke was released allegedly because he was hitting on the girlfriend of one of the players and even sending her photos of his "privates".

Gabby Cui works as a Corporate relationship manager for PLDT.

Alvin Magpantay is part owner (together with DLSU teammate Aljun Garcia) of Circle Grille, a bar along the Mandaluyong circle.

Nonoy Chuatico is still around and is a mainstay in the Ateneo Basketball League (for Ateneo Alumni and employees) as are Chito Loyzaga, Jojo Lastimosa, Joy Carpio, Norman Black, Jayvee Gayoso (whenever he's in town) and Eric Reyes.

Dickie Bachman's company, Razelbac (?) is the exclusive distributor of And1 shoes in the Philippines. He's also an assistant coach with alaska.

I played with Mad Max Delantes in one of the barangay leagues in Mindanao. He even broke my teammate's nose while going for a rebound.

George Lizares (7up ata) recently passed away.

Alex Araneta, I believe, is in Australia.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolabasket
                          Former pro cager, female TV reporter exchange blows

INQUIRER.net
                          Last updated 09:19am (Mla time) 08/21/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- A former professional basketball player and a TV reporter figured in a scuffle inside a Mandaluyong police station Tuesday morning, a radio report said.

The brief fight happened after Paul “Bong” Alvarez allegedly elbowed ABS-CBN reporter Gretchen Malalad in the face as the latter was about to ask the former cager why he was detained in the police station, a report of radio dzMM said.

Being a taekwondo black belter and 2005 Southeast Asian Games gold medalist, Malalad instinctively defended herself and countered with several blows against Alvarez, the report said.

The apparently intoxicated Alvarez was earlier brought by barangay officials to the police station for roughing up a taxi driver whom he blamed for trying to overcharge him by taking a longer route -- passing through Boni Avenue in Mandaluyong City -- to his residence in Quiapo, Manila.

Alvarez had hailed the taxi near Hotel Rembrandt in Quezon City and initially asked the driver to take him to Pasig City but later changed his mind, the report added.
                          Correction : Gretchen Malalad is not a Taekwondo Black Belter but a Karatedo Black Belter, SEA Games Gold medalist, and Asian Games Bronze Medalist..
                          Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so why practice?

Comment

• Cadel Mosqueda and Mike Mustre now in UK and their children play good basketball there..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghostrider
                              Jayvee Gayoso (whenever he's in town)

Jayvee Gayoso is the coach of the Lyceum of Batangas basketball team. I was one of his team consultants.

Romulo "Mama" Mamaril is my favorite shuttle service driver every morning, driving from my place in lower Antipolo en route to Makati. He owns the Toyota Hi-Ace that he's driving.

on another note, i just wanna let you know guys that Coaches Jong and Chot are members of this forum.

Comment

• Art Dela Cruz: aside from being an assistant coach in the PBA, he's now also one of the biggest dealers of San Miguel Beer products in central Luzon.

He lives in his (and my) hometown of Hagonoy, Bulacan, the black tiger prawn capital of the Philippines. If your eating sugpo right now, chances are it came all the way from Hagonoy.

He might have acted like a caveman with a hairtrigger temper in his playing days, but when you meet him in person, he's a really nice guy. You ask him for free PBA tickets, Art gives you free tickets. And he helped the town's badminton club to raise funds for new taraflex(?) courts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information