Former PBA players where are they now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bonel is married (not to mahal).

il ask him next time we play if he got a child.

Comment

• Where is Ken Bono? Michael Holper? Cesar Catli? RJ Rizada? Leo Avenido? Egay Billones?

The ex-pros can head over to the D-League or to the ABL.

Comment

• Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
        Where is Ken Bono? Michael Holper? Cesar Catli? RJ Rizada? Leo Avenido? Egay Billones?

The ex-pros can head over to the D-League or to the ABL.

Bono would again don the San Miguel jersey but this time at the ABL.

Holper I think gone back to his home in the US.

Catli I have no idea.

Rizada I think is still under contract with Powerade but is now on reserve.

Avenido is with Barako Bull and is actually in the middle of the controversy as to why Baculi benched Ababou but gave time to Avenido.

From what I know Billiones is still with the Philippine Patriots
        Last edited by nardy; 10-12-2011, 09:46 AM.
        LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
        Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
        THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Any idea who are the former pros that have been 'relegated' to the D-League besides Jai Reyes?

How about Jay Sagad? Welcoat's biggest bust whom they elevated from the amateur ranks.

Comment

• Are these former fixtures in the amateur leagues still playing?

Fritz Bauzon
            Khiel Misa
            Boyet Bautista
            Ronjay Enrile
            Floyd Dedicatoria
            Edwin Asoro
            Nino Gelig
            Wynsjohn Te
            Sean Co
            Christian Luanzon
            Ford Arao
            Reed Juntilla
            Ian Saladaga
            Nat Cruz
            Kim Valenzuela
            Al Magpayo
            Alfie Grijaldo
            Richard Alonzo
            Noy Javier
            Don Dulay
            Chito Jaime
            Eric Rodriguez
            Nestor David
            Abby Santos
            Ron Capati
            Earn Saguindel
            Don Villamin
            Neil Raneses

All of these guys can revive their career in the ABL. Or in the D-League if they are not over the age limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
              Catli I have no idea.
              catli is with the travelling team of powerade along with dale singson, ronjay enrile, mc caceres, etc....powerade team B as they say hehe

Comment

• Cantonjos

Chris Cantonjos is one of Pido Jarencio's assistants at UST. What fascinates me is how he has aged through the years. He's only in his mid-30s yet he looks like somebody who is about to become a golden boy.

Comment

• how about red bull denver lopez? he was a highly recognized ncaa division 1 player... but now? where in the world is he!?!

Comment

• Pba dad!

Hey, my dad - Van Samson Nery - used to play PBA 1974-1976.
                    He used to play for Mariwasa and Crispa, does anyone remember him?
                    Well, after that, he played here in Australia for Nort Adelaide, then at this place called Mawson Lakes, but due to injuries, he stopped. :P

I hope someone remembers him!

Comment

• Originally posted by vanessaRAE View Post
                      Hey, my dad - Van Samson Nery - used to play PBA 1974-1976.
                      He used to play for Mariwasa and Crispa, does anyone remember him?
                      Well, after that, he played here in Australia for Nort Adelaide, then at this place called Mawson Lakes, but due to injuries, he stopped. :P

I hope someone remembers him!
                      Of course we do. He played for Crispa in MICAA, prior to the establishment of the PBA. He played for Noritake inthe PBA from 1975 and 1976, until it was reported that he, and another Noritake/Mariwasa player Hubert Filipinas migrated to Australia.

Tell your dad, a lot of basketball fans in the Philippines remember him.

You can also tell him he was one of the first players I saw wearing a headband or bandana because he had long hair then as most players had back in those times. Tito Varela will follow suit (wearing a headband) in 1976 because he was emulating the style of Donald "Slick" Watts.
                      Last edited by Percival O. Flores; 11-09-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• I just bumped into Al Solis at the fitness first gym in Cebu
                        Philippine Basketball Review

Cebu Travel Blog

Team Building Services in Cebu

Comment

• ....wassup

Our Coach for Inter Government Agency Tournament is Gilbert Demape...

he also coaches CIT University here in Cebu....

Comment

• Originally posted by thadzonline View Post
                            I just bumped into Al Solis at the fitness first gym in Cebu
                            I hope Coach Al Solis did not hurt . . .

. . . happy birthday thadzonline!
                            Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
                            Servinio's Blog of Sports
                            Servinio's Official YouTube channel
                            Servinio's Official TWITTER account
                            Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

• In Huddle

‘Big Boy’ gone

By Beth Celis
                              Philippine Daily Inquirer
                              12:26 am | Thursday, November 24th, 2011

Sad news from Ruffy Ignacio, secretary general of the PBA Legends Foundation USA:

“We received a call from Francis Arnaiz in Sacramento, California, informing us of the death of PBA legend Alberto ‘Big Boy’ Reynoso Nov. 22 Manila time at his residence in Sacramento.”

According to Ruffy, Big Boy has been “in and out of various illnesses” for several months now.

“He became critically ill three years ago, but he recovered. Then he got sick again. It was downhill all the way after that,” Ruffy said.

In 2008, during the first Legends reunion in the US, former Toyota teammates Sonny Jaworski and Francis Arnaiz and other legends had the opportunity to visit Big Boy in a hospital.

I last spoke to him some months after that when Arab friends from Bahrain (where he previously worked) called him up to find out if he was well. By that time, Big Boy had recovered from his ailment and was back on his feet.

Big Boy’s younger brother Cristino had died of a stroke around the same time he was hospitalized in 2008, if I remember correctly.

As for fellow legend Abet Guidaben, who was afflicted with myasthenia gravis, Ruffy reports that he has returned to good health after the surgical removal of his thymus gland.

“Abet’s wife Maridol has also fully recovered. They continue to look after each other’s health though. Abet is back actively playing.”
                              LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
                              Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
                              THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by belbod9 View Post

Our Coach for Inter Government Agency Tournament is Gilbert Demape...

he also coaches CIT University here in Cebu....
                                Are you playing in ARENA?
                                Who is your import?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information