X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bolabasket
    PCFBL five beats Indons
    Rey C. LACHICA

GENTING HIGHLANDS, Malaysia — The rivalry between the Philippines and Indonesia was renewed yesterday as Philippine Chinese Friendship Basketball League outlasted Asaba in overtime 50-44 to jumpstart its four-peat bid in the 16th ASEAN Veteran Invitational at the Genting Highlands resort gym here.

In a heated showdown between two teams fancied to meet in the finals anew, PCFBL went to former Crispa center Noli Banate, Andrew Ongteco and Terry Que to ward off the spirited challenge of the Indons in the 50-years-old division of the five-day tournament.

The 6-foot-5 Banate, using his height advantage, exploded for 18 points but it was Que who delivered the telling blow against the Indons.

With only one point separating the Filipinos from the Indons, the 5-foot-5 Que, co-team owner of Welcoat Paints in the PBA, buried a short jumper to give PCFBL a much-needed breather, 45-42.

After Banate and Bong dela Cruz combined forces to thwart Asaba’s offensive thrust, Ongseco knocked in his second triple of the game to finally unnerve the Indons, 48-42.

Banate, who drives his own passenger jeepney in Davao when not playing for teams of his Chinese friends in Manila, capped his sterling performance with another putback.

"It was a scary victory but a win is a win," said PCFBL president and coach Jimmy Lim. "We just hope we could play better next time. We hardly had a practice in Manila that’s why we struggled early."

The win enabled the Filipinos to gain a share of the lead with Singapore in the 10-team tournament. Ongteco finished with 9 points, while Que, who engaged a 6-foot-3 Indon center to a near fistfight as a result of their physical game, added 3.

The burly dela Cruz, playing his tough-guy role which he is known for during his Crispa days, contributed only two points but it was him who sparked the team rally with his court wizardry.

Freddie Hubalde was just but a shadow of his old self as he finished with only four points, missing several open shots. William Lao also stood his ground against an agile Indon center who was limited to only two points in the crucial fourth quarter.
    this might be the game of the oldies....
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

• MARLON BASCO - he's now playing for OZAMIS COTTA (NBC), the guy wwas able to show what he got...a two-time MVP player of NBC...PBA coaches should give this guy another chance...he's doing great in the league(NBC). He also joins Lhuiller team - MVBA...

Comment

• ex-pro's - now doing better in other leagues

some ex-pro are now doing great in other leagues...don't u think they should be given another chance to play in the PBA?

1.) Marlon Basco - became a two-time MVP player in the NBC - because he was given a playing time that made him show what he wasn't able to do while he was in Gins.
        2.) Bruce Dacia - same as Basco, he's doing great in the NBC...

any other???
        Last edited by rikhardur; 09-24-2007, 04:03 PM. Reason: Threads merged: there is already a topic on the issue.

Comment

• redundant thread.......for the new guys please limit making new threads that are redundant.....its hard to keep track....Yah its nice that you're introducing yourself to the rest but mind you.....please check the old threads so that we wont be taking up time just to read each and each and each thread that are quite redundant...........Time management some of us here are professional

Comment

• Because a same level of himself! This is minor league here dude. The weakest league level here dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by ankle breaker
              this might be the game of the oldies....
              still, some of the ex-PBA players are still active...
              SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

• Originally posted by bolabasket
                still, some of the ex-PBA players are still active...
                they could be playing pickup games for a few bucks just to stay in shape.
                "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Comment

• Originally posted by joel23
                  Because a same level of himself! This is minor league here dude. The weakest league level here dude.
                  minor leagues but at least they save the other guys from being jobless.

Comment

• can we make a rule here... before newbies can post new thread they must have at least a hundred post... When they have a hundred post i guess they're already familiar with the topics that are being discussed here so they wont be posting any redundantthreads...
                    you know why I am happy

Comment

• any news from eugene tejada...........the only news i heard is that his Gf jenny hernandez and him broke up

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveMap2007
                        any news from eugene tejada...........the only news i heard is that his Gf jenny hernandez and him broke up
                        jenny hernandez maybe can no longer take care of eugene being binded in the wheel chair for now that's why they broke up and jenny needs a job for herself too.

Comment

jenny hernandez maybe can no longer take care of eugene being binded in the wheel chair for now that's why they broke up and jenny needs a job for herself too.
                          Very Unfortunate....well i heard that Chris Benoit got a same injury in the past same as his...and look at him now his still kicking ass with metal all over his spine.....I hope eugene could recover at least to the norm.....

Comment

i saw gorgeous jenny hernandez at a local gym doing crunches on the abs machine while im doing mine on the other machine, needless to say, i had a nice angle...btw she's with another man...
                            <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveMap2007
                              Very Unfortunate....well i heard that Chris Benoit got a same injury in the past same as his...and look at him now his still kicking ass with metal all over his spine.....I hope eugene could recover at least to the norm.....

dude, chris benoit is dead..he killed himself after he killed his wife and his 6 y.o son
                              <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

• Originally posted by RetiredJordanStopper
                                dude, chris benoit is dead..he killed himself after he killed his wife and his 6 y.o son
                                havent been updated in wrestling....im shock but thanks for the info man....only god knows why he did that....RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information