Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Euroleague Regular Season: Week 26

Quote Originally Posted by okanial View Post
    How exactly Efes killing Turkish basketball? Is playing 9 foreigners every game (Sorry forgot about Muhammed Ali) the way to go for protecting Turkish basketball? And you`re talking like Efes is a shitty team right now. In case you didn`t notice there is only 3 games difference between Efes and Fener in EL and none in the league. Efes will probably end up in the final 8. They are doing that while also letting local players playing meaningfu roles. If there is one team that should die for Turkish basketball to be saved that is Fener. I can even watch Daška but for me Fener is not even a Turkish team anymore
    Yeah, let's see total minutes played by Turkish players:

Fener:
    Melih: 134
    Ahmet: 56
    Berk: 26
    Barış:12

Efes:
    Cedi: 489
    Doğuş: 162
    Can Maxim: 56
    Furkan: 14

There's only one difference: Cedi, future of Turkish basketball. Rest of the players get same total minutes in both teams because that is what they deserve.

So, you would say, why Efes plays Cedi and Fener plays Dixon? Because, let's be serious, how many Turkish guys deserve main rotation minutes? Cedi, Sinan, Ersan and that's it really. Obradovic gave big minutes to a prospect and he went to NBA. He gave Semih big minutes but he is an idiot who sees himself as Anthony Davis. Who is there to play, really? Don't blame state of Turkish players and prospects on a team coach who is trying to develop prospects as much as he can. Ahmet, the guy who Efes casually sent out, became the best Turkish center for national team (Ímer is coming off injury, Semih and Oğuz is irrelevant right now) in the hands of Obradovic and Fener.

Oh by the way, Fener will never die but I can't say the same about Efes. Destiny of the team depends on some businessmen with no fans or club structure. How does that feel?

How exactly Efes killing Turkish basketball? Is playing 9 foreigners every game (Sorry forgot about Muhammed Ali) the way to go for protecting Turkish basketball? And you`re talking like Efes is a shitty team right now. In case you didn`t notice there is only 3 games difference between Efes and Fener in EL and none in the league. Efes will probably end up in the final 8. They are doing that while also letting local players playing meaningfu roles. If there is one team that should die for Turkish basketball to be saved that is Fener. I can even watch Daška but for me Fener is not even a Turkish team anymore
    I am talking in general and about future. In this Efes team you have Cedi and that ends significant role of Turkish player. I always wanted him in Fener and I know that with him instead of Kalinic or Nunnalli for instance we would be more stronger and compact. Beside him you don't have other local player with significant role in the team. Cedi would have more minutes in Fener then Efes.
    Problem with Efes is exactly that you have good results but you will never win EL and your main target will always be to go in playoff. What is purpose of existing such club? From season to season making the same mistake. I admit that Fener made many mistake including bringing players like Ninnali and Kalinic but when we look results Fener is rising every season from moment Obradovic arived. I am mad because many things but results at the end the only thing that is important.
    Last edited by janketa; 03-19-2017 at 03:11 PM.

Maxim played 56 minutes in how many games? Could Doğuş find minutes in Fener? It is not that Turkish players are bad but the problem is you just take those guys and never let them play. We see how they can develop in the cases of Korkmaz and Ulubay. I bet Berk could do the same if he were to be in a smaller team. As much as I dislike Melih, he should be getting more minutes. Even when Bogdan was injured he didn`t play any significant minutes.

Maxim played 56 minutes in how many games? Could Doğuş find minutes in Fener? It is not that Turkish players are bad but the problem is you just take those guys and never let them play. We see how they can develop in the cases of Korkmaz and Ulubay. I bet Berk could do the same if he were to be in a smaller team. As much as I dislike Melih, he should be getting more minutes. Even when Bogdan was injured he didn`t play any significant minutes.
    Yes, Dogus could even manage to have more time in Fener while the guard rotation was continuously suffering from the injuries. Berk wasn't sent to loan cuz the squad needed a reserve pg to rely on. The Club gave up from Kenan to give more minutes to Berk to help his development and in my opinion Berk wasted this opportunity. If The Coach chooses to even use Nunally as a pg while Sloukas and Bogdan are out it means Obradovic doesn't know the basketball or Berk is not reliable enough or hasn't show any signs of development and he also lacks determination same as Egehan Arna. It's like they are scared of playing Basketball. If it's The Coach's style demotivating them and then Melih and Bogdan should literally go back home and cry everyday. Look at Ahmet, He is also having limited minutes but the guy fights on the court and the coach never gets angry to him even he commits a mistake. Age shouldn't be an excuse if you are above 18 years old..
    Last edited by Drexler; 03-20-2017 at 09:42 AM.

Age should never be an excuse. I completely agree. Obradovic's style is such that you have to have thick skin. He will come down sooo hard on players, even when it's not all their fault. Again this is good in terms of having a mentally tough team that doesn't give up. Problem is that most of the youngsters are treated differently in their youth teams and competitions, especially if they are labeled as "talents". So facing that kind of rubbing is not something that many can take.

Anyway, this is also one of the reasons why Obradovic doesn't do well with prodigy, teen sensation type of players. He never did. He prefers young players that have been broken in and trained mentally by others. Such as Bogdanovic, who was basically run down mentally by Vujosevic so that is like nothing to him.

Regarding other things you mentioned, earning a spot in rotation. You are correct. They have to earn it. For example Simanic doesn't play in Zvezda even though realistically PF is an issue spot for us and his athleticism, defensive upside and shooting would be great to have but he just doesn't seem to show that he wants it enough. It's also an issue of confidence, you have to do your thing even when they are yelling at you and show some backbone to the coach. They respect that.
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678