Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlucky Great College or Amateur Players that came in PBA

So many names can be mention but my Top three would be this

Rabbi Tomacruz - 6'6 UST Center that played in San Miguel for a few years. He was an important player for the UST in the late 80's. After 2-3 years vanish from the PBA although made an attempt in the MBA.

Edwin Bacani - FEU star player MVP played for Shell and several stint in some clubs but never stay on...Many says he has attitude problems

Christopher Cantonjos - The great UST center...unlucky he wasnt able to showcase his ware because of the Fil-am Star studded Tanduay during his younger years...now he is just a lifer...

Originally posted by DaveMap2007
    So many names can be mention but my Top three would be this

Rabbi Tomacruz - 6'6 UST Center that played in San Miguel for a few years. He was an important player for the UST in the late 80's. After 2-3 years vanish from the PBA although made an attempt in the MBA.

Edwin Bacani - FEU star player MVP played for Shell and several stint in some clubs but never stay on...Many says he has attitude problems

Christopher Cantonjos - The great UST center...unlucky he wasnt able to showcase his ware because of the Fil-am Star studded Tanduay during his younger years...now he is just a lifer...
    Where are they now? How about Bryan Gahol and Cantonjos. If I'm not wrong, they played for the RP team during there amateur years!

Comment

How about Bryant Punzalan....the 6-6 FEU...languished on the bench of SMB
      SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Lowell Briones.. he played for Mobiline and became an instant scoring machine.. the problem is he plays same position as Jeff Cariaso..

Brixter Encarnacion : honestly sayang ito at 6'4 - 6'5 who can play guard forward..
        TEAM PILIPINAS!

www.myspace.com/fivefeetadjustment

www.facebook.com/fivefeetadjustment

Comment

College 's Super Point Guards

Gilbert Reyes - halied as the best PG Ateneo ever had
          Eugene Quilban - Was the better PG than Gilbert ever was during their college days
          Dino Aldeguer - DLSU multi titled PG
          Tonyboy Espinosa - once outplayed Johnny A during their college wars

many more pa
          <--- science always wins over bullshit --->

Comment

here's what I remember as of now..

the 1995 Sea Games team led by Marlou Aquino, Rodney Santos and Jason Webb. some of the players there didn't make it well in the PBA. hmm..I need to refresh my memory.. Orquillas was there, who else..Dela Rosa (the younger one, the slamdunker) was there too. wah, I forgot who they were, but that batch was very big hit in the PBA draft market.

the Tanduay Rhum's re-entry in the PBA 1999, when the PBL team went up to the PBA minus their PBL standout Willie Miller, they brought in former UAAP MVP's like Mark Telan and Chris Cantonjos. Jomer Rubi from UPHR and the Cebuano Bughao(older brother of Ronnie Bughao) plus fil-sham Sonny Alvarado and Erik Menk, and I forgot the rest.haha. so far, only Mark Telan and Erik Menk are the ones alive from that batch, the others had a bad career.
            It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
            I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by viperbravo
              Where are they now? How about Bryan Gahol and Cantonjos. If I'm not wrong, they played for the RP team during there amateur years!
              i saw bryan gahol on tv playing in one of the teams in the national basketball league..

Comment

How about "Lucky mediocre college/amateur players that became successful in the PBA"?

Comment

Originally posted by jfol
                  i saw bryan gahol on tv playing in one of the teams in the national basketball league..

I always thought Gahol is a very underrated player, same with Don Camaso.

Comment

is there any? competition in the PBA is so very hard!!! even if your good you better be lucky to be a star there
                    ________
                    Cat Wheels
                    Last edited by b3lowzro; 04-26-2011, 11:33 PM.
                    you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by b3lowzro
                      is there any? competition in the PBA is so very hard!!! even if your good you better be lucky to be a star there

Speaking about luck, remember Chris Bolado?

Comment

Originally posted by ctongco
                        Speaking about luck, remember Chris Bolado?
                        yeah i remember that guy (i saw him every sunday at church), sadly he didnt make waves in the PBA that much... My father told me that he's very good during his college hoops days
                        ________
                        MAGYAR SUZUKI
                        Last edited by b3lowzro; 04-26-2011, 11:35 PM.
                        you know why I am happy

Comment

yeah...as far as i can remember he stands and plays somewhat like enrico ..a hardworker and strong too...

Comment

Gahol yeah he's very good but the lack playing time w/ alaska and smb made him rusty...

What ever happened to Omanzie Rodriguez? he's a good baller in the MBA right, i know he's on PBA right now but what team?
                            ________
                            FORD MODEL A (1927) HISTORY
                            Last edited by b3lowzro; 04-26-2011, 11:37 PM.
                            you know why I am happy

Comment

Try Leo Avenido. The guy was almost like a god coming out of FEU in the UAAP, & yet, look at where he is now.
                              Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information