Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PBA Players by Location

from Leyte... i don't know too many players from here..

Rey Evangelista - Purefoods
    Patrick Fran - Talkn'Text
    Glenn Capacio - Mobilline
    Ramon Fernandez(i think his from Leyte)

Quote Originally Posted by hawke12
    from Leyte... i don't know too many players from here..

Rey Evangelista - Purefoods
    Patrick Fran - Talkn'Text
    Glenn Capacio - Mobilline
    Ramon Fernandez(i think his from Leyte)
    Mon is from Maasin

Quote Originally Posted by Cool_Enz
    Basketball players from my hometown Davao (Including those from Del Sur, Del Norte and Oriental, and those who aren't from the region but played in Davao City leagues)

The Golden Years
    Francisco Rabat of Mati, Davao Oriental, 1952 Olympian and member of the 1954 World Championship third place team
    Loreto Carbonell 1948 Olympian

Past and Present PBA and PBL Players
    Alvin Teng
    Jay Ramirez
    Felix Belano
    Jomer Rubi, UPHR (Holy Cross of Davao College)
    Sunday Salvacion, St. Benilde (Rizal Memorial Colleges)
    Peter June Simon (University of Mindanao)
    John Ferriols, USJ-R (St. Peter's College of Toril, Holy Cross of Davao College)
    Ryan Rizada, FEU (Holy Cross Academy of Sasa HS / Ateneo de Davao University)
    Samigue Eman (University of Mindanao)
    Jigger Saniel (Holy Cross of Davao College)

Former and present UAAP/NCAA players
    Joshua Ramirez, Adamson (Ateneo de Davao University)
    Jonathan (Jed) Cutler, FEU (Stella Maris Academy HS / Ateneo de Davao University)
    Eder Saldua, FEU (University of Mindanao)
    Eman Monfort, ADMU (Ateneo de Davao University)
    Michael Yong, Adamson (Stella Maris Acadamy HS / Holy Cross of Davao College)
    Wynsjohn Te, JRU (Davao Christian High School / Ateneo de Davao University)
    John Paul Escobal, San Beda (Stella Maris Academy HS / Holy Cross of Davao College)
    Homer Turbella, St. Benilde (Davao Christian High School)
    Kristoffer Robles, St. Benilde (Ateneo de Davao University)
    Gilbert Good, St. Benilde (Holy Child Learning Center)
    Regin Ranises, Letran (Holy Cross of Davao College)
    Marc Cagoco, JRU ( Holy Cross of Davao College)
    Jo Cesar Caspe, JRU (Holy Cross of Davao College)
    wow, my hometown too...
    standouts here are like jun simon, ferriols and sunday salvacion...all former MBA stars...
    NEW ORLEANS HORNETS 2008

CHRIS PACANA: resides in Quezon City, but his lolo is from Cagayan de Oro/Cebu and his lola (a Gonzalez) is from Apalit, Pampanga.

maasin is still a part of leyte

Quote Originally Posted by Servinio
    I live most of the year in Cebu and there is a ton of retired PBA players living on the island:

Rodolfo Jose "Bong" Abad - head coach of MisOr
    Elmer "Boy" Cabahug - head coach of UV
    Rodolfo "Rody" Enterina - head coach of Don Bosco College
    Alfredo "Fredo" Enriquez - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Ramon "Mon" Fernandez - the PBA's All-Time Greatest Player
    Alejandro "Jojo" Lim
    Lawrence "Tata" Merced - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Alejandro "Dodie" Miego - head coach of Southwestern U
    Jesus "Jay" Ramirez - head coach of San Carlos
    Lou Regidor - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Alenogenes "Alen" Sasan
    Ramon "Montoy" Singson
    Darryl Smith (import)
    Alfonso "Al" Solis - assistant coach of UV and head coach of Arthro
    Mark Anthony Tallo - runs basketball camps
    Leoncio "Jun" Tan - head coach of Cebu Landmaster
    Calvin Tuadles
    Hilario "Larry" Villanil

I may have missed out on one or two as these are the guys that I remember bumping into recently. I also have a player or two in mind but I have to check if they migrated to the United States or some other foreign country.
    What about Jerry Pingoy, Paul Maninang, Bernie Fabiosa and Willie Generalao? I think they are still in Cebu. I saw Fabiosa with M Lhuiller, Pingoy and Maninang play pickup games in Cebu. Generalao has some business in Cebu too. I think Aldrin Ocaņada played for PBA as well as Michael Dumdum too.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ankle breaker
    What about Jerry Pingoy, Paul Maninang, Bernie Fabiosa and Willie Generalao? I think they are still in Cebu. I saw Fabiosa with M Lhuiller, Pingoy and Maninang play pickup games in Cebu. Generalao has some business in Cebu too. I think Aldrin Ocaņada played for PBA as well as Michael Dumdum too.
    Yes, Jerry Pingoy and Pol Maninang live in Cebu.

Bernie Fabiosa is now in the United States.

Willy Generalao spends some time in Cebu due to his responsibilities as commissioner of the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association but he really lives in Cainta, Rizal where he is an elected barangay kagawad (he is seeking re-election as of this posting).

Michael Dumdum and Aldrin Ocanada never made it to the PBA but they did have a brief pro stint with the MBA -- Ocanada with Surigao and Dumdum with Socsargen.

I live most of the year in Cebu and there is a ton of retired PBA players living on the island:

Rodolfo Jose "Bong" Abad - head coach of MisOr
    Elmer "Boy" Cabahug - head coach of UV
    Rodolfo "Rody" Enterina - head coach of Don Bosco College
    Alfredo "Fredo" Enriquez - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Ramon "Mon" Fernandez - the PBA's All-Time Greatest Player
    Alejandro "Jojo" Lim
    Lawrence "Tata" Merced - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Alejandro "Dodie" Miego - head coach of Southwestern U
    Jesus "Jay" Ramirez - head coach of San Carlos
    Lou Regidor - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Alenogenes "Alen" Sasan
    Ramon "Montoy" Singson
    Darryl Smith (import)
    Alfonso "Al" Solis - assistant coach of UV and head coach of Arthro
    Mark Anthony Tallo - runs basketball camps
    Leoncio "Jun" Tan - head coach of Cebu Landmaster
    Calvin Tuadles
    Hilario "Larry" Villanil

I may have missed out on one or two as these are the guys that I remember bumping into recently. I also have a player or two in mind but I have to check if they migrated to the United States or some other foreign country.
    add manny paner, estoy estrada, the late arnie tuadles, jimwell torion, dondon hontiveros, junthy valenzuela and j.r. quinahan.
    Last edited by hamburger; 10-19-2007 at 12:03 AM.

Willy Generalao spends some time in Cebu due to his responsibilities as commissioner of the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association but he really lives in Cainta, Rizal where he is an elected barangay kagawad (he is seeking re-election as of this posting).

Michael Dumdum and Aldrin Ocanada never made it to the PBA but they did have a brief pro stint with the MBA -- Ocanada with Surigao and Dumdum with Socsargen.

Aldrin Ocanada was a pioneer of the Cebu Gems but wasn't able to play his A- game for he was overshadowed by the hype of Chris Mendoza ( who turned out to be a fluke!) and the promise of Dondon Hontiveros ( who got injured in his first game..) he was later dropped from the roster by the next season

@ Servinio

sir, do you know any whereabouts of Chris Mendoza?

i thought michael dumdum and aldrin ocaņada were drafted by the PBA. The same with Jessie Lumantas, Vidal Labrada and Gary Cortes.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ankle breaker
    i thought michael dumdum and aldrin ocaņada were drafted by the PBA. The same with Jessie Lumantas, Vidal Labrada and Gary Cortes.
    From what I remember Dumdum, Ocanada and Cortes stayed content that they reached the professional ranks via the MBA. They simply returned to Cebu to play out whatever playing years they got left although Ocanada is still active in the mainstream via the MVBA. The others may be seen in community leagues.

Lumantas applied for the PBA Draft a couple of years ago but was left untouched.

Labrada is the lucky one of this group, getting drafted and eventually signed to a deal by Santa Lucia in 1994. After his one PBA season, he disappeared and went to the United States.

how about Felix Duhig @Servinio? info on him? I think he's from the south too
    SMART GILAS: all the way

Cool Felix Duhig

Quote Originally Posted by bolabasket
    how about Felix Duhig @Servinio? info on him? I think he's from the south too
    YES, Felix Duhig is from Cebu.

He was recently in the news when he was invited to participate in a Legends/Alumni Shootout during the recent CeSAFI All-Star Games last month. Sadly, Duhig of CIT was a no-show despite his name being announced in the papers.

By the way, the shootout was won by Elmer Cabahug when he converted the two-point money ball at the buzzer to edge out fellow UV alumnus Al Solis by a point, 19-18. Placing in third was Rhoel Gomez of UC.

Hagonoy, Bulacan:
    -Celino Cruz
    -Art Dela Cruz
    -former Mapua Cardinal F/C Steve Marucot

Malolos, Bulacan:
    -Vergel Meneses

did you ever know the name jay gudes?? he was once a superstar in his old days in ateneo de davao university high school and in university of the immaculate concepcion college in grade school. during his grade school days he helped uic jetsetters to win it's first ever milo sbp championship crown against the most talented ateneo de davao in november 1992 championship matchup. he also many achievements in his high school era.. in 1995-96 he also helped ateneo de davao blue knights win a championship in milo passerelle against defending champion holy child academy.. then got 3rd place in national finals held in cagayan de oro city. during that time san beda has it's future star in the molds of magnum membrere. james yap also played in tay tung high school that took the 2nd place behind power house san beda squad.. jay gudes also captured the championship crown in the 1st adidas streetball challenge held in rizal park davao city along with his team members kitsi avila,paulo abarquez and pong soliban. they represent the davao city but lost to quezon city by only a point against the ateneo de manila team bannered by rp youth standout bj manalo

From the Fairview-Novaliches area, here are a few names:

Froilan Baguion - Bagumbong, Kalookan
    Don Camaso - Bagong Silang
    Dexter Racho - Fairview

I think Ronald Magtulis is from the area too; my uncle recalls playing with the De Ocampo brothers in the 90's. Former UAAP Juniors MVP Ken Barracoso is from East Fairview.
    Believe!

Emman Monfort says you may kiss his PBA draftee's ass

jay gudes also a memeber of the mythical five in the jesuit athletic meet(J.A.M) 1996. here are the members of the mythical five that time:

C Andrew Neri Ateneo de cagayan
    PF Yao Xavier School
    SF Miko Valles Ateneo de cagayan
    SG Benedict John Manalo Ateneo de manila
    PG Jay Ryan Gudes Ateneo de davao

did you ever know the name jay gudes?? he was once a superstar in his old days in ateneo de davao university high school and in university of the immaculate concepcion college in grade school. during his grade school days he helped uic jetsetters to win it's first ever milo sbp championship crown against the most talented ateneo de davao in november 1992 championship matchup. he also many achievements in his high school era.. in 1995-96 he also helped ateneo de davao blue knights win a championship in milo passerelle against defending champion holy child academy.. then got 3rd place in national finals held in cagayan de oro city. during that time san beda has it's future star in the molds of magnum membrere. james yap also played in tay tung high school that took the 2nd place behind power house san beda squad.. jay gudes also captured the championship crown in the 1st adidas streetball challenge held in rizal park davao city along with his team members kitsi avila,paulo abarquez and pong soliban. they represent the davao city but lost to quezon city by only a point against the ateneo de manila team bannered by rp youth standout bj manalo

Quote Originally Posted by malanie_jones22 View Post
    jay gudes also a memeber of the mythical five in the jesuit athletic meet(J.A.M) 1996. here are the members of the mythical five that time:

C Andrew Neri Ateneo de cagayan
    PF Yao Xavier School
    SF Miko Valles Ateneo de cagayan
    SG Benedict John Manalo Ateneo de manila
    PG Jay Ryan Gudes Ateneo de davao
    was this the JAM that was hosted by SHS of Cebu? Very promising was Eric Yao of Xavier, he torched the goal with he his uncanny ability to score and shoot. Also notable in this edition of JAM was Ryan Pamintuan and Sonny Tadeo who later starred for the Blue Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by malanie_jones22 View Post
    no i dont know him
    you know why I am happy

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast