PBA Players by Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBA Players by Location

I am from Aklan so I am going to give props to the 2 Aklanons playing the PBA.

Aklan Players

Wynne Arboleda (Nalook, Kalibo but he stayed in the BLISS building. The BLISS building was a mass housing project by the Government) He was discovered while playing in the West Visayas Regional Athletic Association meet and was enrolled at a Laguna college to play for their varsity.

Egay Billiones (New Washington, Aklan) He is a barangay tournament regular, regional meet basketball player for Aklan and might have been referred by Wynne Arboleda to be able to play in the PBA. The 2 guys are buddies I think.

Guys, name PBA players who are natives of your provinces or PBA players who are your neighbors. Thanks.
    "Life is like chess; an art and a struggle."

how about the Fil-foreigners?

are they considered by location..most of the Fil-foreigners consider some provinces down south as their team in PBA All-Star.

can somebody list it here?
    It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
    I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by saints13
      how about the Fil-foreigners?

are they considered by location..most of the Fil-foreigners consider some provinces down south as their team in PBA All-Star.

can somebody list it here?
      Sure. Anything goes. As long as he know where the players live or raised.

Comment

Originally posted by aklanarcher
        I am from Aklan so I am going to give props to the 2 Aklanons playing the PBA.

Aklan Players

Wynne Arboleda (Nalook, Kalibo but he stayed in the BLISS building. The BLISS building was a mass housing project by the Government) He was discovered while playing in the West Visayas Regional Athletic Association meet and was enrolled at a Laguna college to play for their varsity.

Egay Billiones (New Washington, Aklan) He is a barangay tournament regular, regional meet basketball player for Aklan and might have been referred by Wynne Arboleda to be able to play in the PBA. The 2 guys are buddies I think.

Guys, name PBA players who are natives of your provinces or PBA players who are your neighbors. Thanks.
        what laguna college bro??
        'cause im from laguna.. perpetual binan is one of the strongest here in laguna
        ever since
        LABAN PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by watiwawa
          ever since
          Arboleda graduated from MLQU or Manuel L. Quezon Univ. in Quiapo not in Laguna. Perhaps, you're confused with Laguna Lakers, where he first played in the MBA.
          SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Originally posted by watiwawa
            ever since
            I don't know which college exactly, dude. All I know is that the Negros Occidental team brought Arboleda (who played for the Aklan team) to the Palarong Pambansa meet and someone from that Laguna college recruited Arboleda after the Palarong Pambansa games.

Comment

Neil Raneses - Is he still active? Anyway, he used to study in Southern Masbate Roosevelt College and was first rejected from the freshman basketball pool during their school's Annual Intramural games. In his second year in High school, he transfered to Cebu where he was discovered and later on become a varsity player of UV.

Comment

Originally posted by bolabasket
                Arboleda graduated from MLQU or Manuel L. Quezon Univ. in Quiapo not in Laguna. Perhaps, you're confused with Laguna Lakers, where he first played in the MBA.
                That's what the radio announcer tells us in Aklan. Anyways sorry for the mishap.

Comment

Players from Pangasinan:

Marlou Aquino - Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan
                  Danny Ildefonso - Urdaneta, Pangasinan
                  Lordy Tugade - Alaminos, Pangasinan
                  Billy Mamaril - his dad (Romy Mamaril) is from Malasiqui, Pangasinan and owns a bus company there
                  Marc Pingris - Pozorubbio, Pangasinan
                  Chris Calaguio - also from Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan
                  Magnum Membrere - Umingan, Pangasinan

I'm not sure though if there are any Fil-Ams who claim to be from Pangasinan, although Gabe Norwood claims that his grandfather is from the province.

Just an insight, I am not sure if you've heard of this guy, Jonathan Fernandez from NU, he is from the same town where i come from, Binalonan Pangasinan. Hopefully he'll make it to the PBA sometime.

If I am missing someone please let me know, I'm still doing further research on this, thus far, these guys are the players I know who hails from our beloved province. TY

Comment

Originally posted by kch912
                    Players from Pangasinan:

Marlou Aquino - Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan
                    Danny Ildefonso - Urdaneta, Pangasinan
                    Lordy Tugade - Alaminos, Pangasinan
                    Billy Mamaril - his dad (Romy Mamaril) is from Malasiqui, Pangasinan and owns a bus company there
                    Marc Pingris - Pozorubbio, Pangasinan
                    Chris Calaguio - also from Sta. Barbara, Pangasinan
                    Magnum Membrere - Umingan, Pangasinan

I'm not sure though if there are any Fil-Ams who claim to be from Pangasinan, although Gabe Norwood claims that his grandfather is from the province.

Just an insight, I am not sure if you've heard of this guy, Jonathan Fernandez from NU, he is from the same town where i come from, Binalonan Pangasinan. Hopefully he'll make it to the PBA sometime.

If I am missing someone please let me know, I'm still doing further research on this, thus far, these guys are the players I know who hails from our beloved province. TY
                    Kabayan from Urdaneta City here..... Ronnie Magsanoc's brothers and sisters are from San Fabian Pangasinan... I dont know if Ronnie grew up there tho....

There are some players who end up in PBL as well.... I forgot his first name but his last name is BALARES... He was Univ of Baguio's star player... He played for a PBL team but ended up being a bench player....He's from Urdaneta City

ICO from Villasis Pangasinan Played for FEU.... I doubt it if this kid will play in PBA... tall but very skinny...

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita
                      Kabayan from Urdaneta City here..... Ronnie Magsanoc's brothers and sisters are from San Fabian Pangasinan... I dont know if Ronnie grew up there tho....

There are some players who end up in PBL as well.... I forgot his first name but his last name is BALARES... He was Univ of Baguio's star player... He played for a PBL team but ended up being a bench player....He's from Urdaneta City

ICO from Villasis Pangasinan Played for FEU.... I doubt it if this kid will play in PBA... tall but very skinny...
                      Thanks for the info! It seems that more and more Pangasinenses are reaching their respective basketball dreams. I really have this gut feeling that I am missing somebody, I guess I need to research further or watch PBA games more often ( I only watch Ginebra games Ü ). The Fernandez guy that I mentioned represented the country in the past SEABA Champions Cup Qualifying Tournament last April 10-17 where we defeated Indonesia. A decent shooter (needs consistency though), and probably needs to improve slashing game as well as defense. Hopefully he will add-up to the growing list of players in the PBA who are from Pangasinan.

Comment

Cavite Boys

Players from Cavite are the De Ocampo Brothers of Tanza...........Art Del Rosario who played for Shell and MBA is from Cavite....

Comment

Originally posted by kch912
                          Thanks for the info! It seems that more and more Pangasinenses are reaching their respective basketball dreams. I really have this gut feeling that I am missing somebody, I guess I need to research further or watch PBA games more often ( I only watch Ginebra games Ü ). The Fernandez guy that I mentioned represented the country in the past SEABA Champions Cup Qualifying Tournament last April 10-17 where we defeated Indonesia. A decent shooter (needs consistency though), and probably needs to improve slashing game as well as defense. Hopefully he will add-up to the growing list of players in the PBA who are from Pangasinan.
                          JUN MARZAN is from ALAMINOS too.... He was a star player of Univ of Baguio...

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita
                            JUN MARZAN is from ALAMINOS too.... He was a star player of Univ of Baguio...
                            thanks for the info dinamita

Comment

Well I'm from BF Homes Parañaque but I don't know which players are from Parañaque, oh heck gotta do my research
                              "You think I enjoy babysitting you?"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information