PBA Players by Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Servinio
    I live most of the year in Cebu and there is a ton of retired PBA players living on the island:

Rodolfo Jose "Bong" Abad - head coach of MisOr
    Elmer "Boy" Cabahug - head coach of UV
    Rodolfo "Rody" Enterina - head coach of Don Bosco College
    Alfredo "Fredo" Enriquez - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Ramon "Mon" Fernandez - the PBA's All-Time Greatest Player
    Alejandro "Jojo" Lim
    Lawrence "Tata" Merced - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Alejandro "Dodie" Miego - head coach of Southwestern U
    Jesus "Jay" Ramirez - head coach of San Carlos
    Lou Regidor - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
    Alenogenes "Alen" Sasan
    Ramon "Montoy" Singson
    Darryl Smith (import)
    Alfonso "Al" Solis - assistant coach of UV and head coach of Arthro
    Mark Anthony Tallo - runs basketball camps
    Leoncio "Jun" Tan - head coach of Cebu Landmaster
    Calvin Tuadles
    Hilario "Larry" Villanil

I may have missed out on one or two as these are the guys that I remember bumping into recently. I also have a player or two in mind but I have to check if they migrated to the United States or some other foreign country.
    What about Jerry Pingoy, Paul Maninang, Bernie Fabiosa and Willie Generalao? I think they are still in Cebu. I saw Fabiosa with M Lhuiller, Pingoy and Maninang play pickup games in Cebu. Generalao has some business in Cebu too. I think Aldrin Ocañada played for PBA as well as Michael Dumdum too.
    "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
      What about Jerry Pingoy, Paul Maninang, Bernie Fabiosa and Willie Generalao? I think they are still in Cebu. I saw Fabiosa with M Lhuiller, Pingoy and Maninang play pickup games in Cebu. Generalao has some business in Cebu too. I think Aldrin Ocañada played for PBA as well as Michael Dumdum too.
      Yes, Jerry Pingoy and Pol Maninang live in Cebu.

Bernie Fabiosa is now in the United States.

Willy Generalao spends some time in Cebu due to his responsibilities as commissioner of the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association but he really lives in Cainta, Rizal where he is an elected barangay kagawad (he is seeking re-election as of this posting).

Michael Dumdum and Aldrin Ocanada never made it to the PBA but they did have a brief pro stint with the MBA -- Ocanada with Surigao and Dumdum with Socsargen.
      Servinio's FACEBOOK Fan Club
      Servinio's Blog of Sports
      Servinio's Official YouTube channel
      Servinio's Official TWITTER account
      Servinio's Official Instagram account

Comment

I live most of the year in Cebu and there is a ton of retired PBA players living on the island:

Rodolfo Jose "Bong" Abad - head coach of MisOr
        Elmer "Boy" Cabahug - head coach of UV
        Rodolfo "Rody" Enterina - head coach of Don Bosco College
        Alfredo "Fredo" Enriquez - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
        Ramon "Mon" Fernandez - the PBA's All-Time Greatest Player
        Alejandro "Jojo" Lim
        Lawrence "Tata" Merced - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
        Alejandro "Dodie" Miego - head coach of Southwestern U
        Jesus "Jay" Ramirez - head coach of San Carlos
        Lou Regidor - assistant coach of M. Lhuillier
        Alenogenes "Alen" Sasan
        Ramon "Montoy" Singson
        Darryl Smith (import)
        Alfonso "Al" Solis - assistant coach of UV and head coach of Arthro
        Mark Anthony Tallo - runs basketball camps
        Leoncio "Jun" Tan - head coach of Cebu Landmaster
        Calvin Tuadles
        Hilario "Larry" Villanil

I may have missed out on one or two as these are the guys that I remember bumping into recently. I also have a player or two in mind but I have to check if they migrated to the United States or some other foreign country.
        add manny paner, estoy estrada, the late arnie tuadles, jimwell torion, dondon hontiveros, junthy valenzuela and j.r. quinahan.
        Last edited by hamburger; 10-19-2007, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Willy Generalao spends some time in Cebu due to his responsibilities as commissioner of the Mindanao Visayas Basketball Association but he really lives in Cainta, Rizal where he is an elected barangay kagawad (he is seeking re-election as of this posting).

Michael Dumdum and Aldrin Ocanada never made it to the PBA but they did have a brief pro stint with the MBA -- Ocanada with Surigao and Dumdum with Socsargen.

Aldrin Ocanada was a pioneer of the Cebu Gems but wasn't able to play his A- game for he was overshadowed by the hype of Chris Mendoza ( who turned out to be a fluke!) and the promise of Dondon Hontiveros ( who got injured in his first game..) he was later dropped from the roster by the next season

@ Servinio

sir, do you know any whereabouts of Chris Mendoza?

Comment

i thought michael dumdum and aldrin ocañada were drafted by the PBA. The same with Jessie Lumantas, Vidal Labrada and Gary Cortes.
            "There are only three kinds of mathematicians: those who can count, and those who can not."

Ana "The Hurricane" Julaton - 1st Filipino Female Boxer Double Word Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ankle breaker
              i thought michael dumdum and aldrin ocañada were drafted by the PBA. The same with Jessie Lumantas, Vidal Labrada and Gary Cortes.
              From what I remember Dumdum, Ocanada and Cortes stayed content that they reached the professional ranks via the MBA. They simply returned to Cebu to play out whatever playing years they got left although Ocanada is still active in the mainstream via the MVBA. The others may be seen in community leagues.

Lumantas applied for the PBA Draft a couple of years ago but was left untouched.

Labrada is the lucky one of this group, getting drafted and eventually signed to a deal by Santa Lucia in 1994. After his one PBA season, he disappeared and went to the United States.

Comment

how about Felix Duhig @Servinio? info on him? I think he's from the south too
                SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

Felix Duhig

Originally posted by bolabasket
                  how about Felix Duhig @Servinio? info on him? I think he's from the south too
                  YES, Felix Duhig is from Cebu.

He was recently in the news when he was invited to participate in a Legends/Alumni Shootout during the recent CeSAFI All-Star Games last month. Sadly, Duhig of CIT was a no-show despite his name being announced in the papers.

By the way, the shootout was won by Elmer Cabahug when he converted the two-point money ball at the buzzer to edge out fellow UV alumnus Al Solis by a point, 19-18. Placing in third was Rhoel Gomez of UC.

Comment

Hagonoy, Bulacan:
                    -Celino Cruz
                    -Art Dela Cruz
                    -former Mapua Cardinal F/C Steve Marucot

Malolos, Bulacan:
                    -Vergel Meneses

Comment

did you ever know the name jay gudes?? he was once a superstar in his old days in ateneo de davao university high school and in university of the immaculate concepcion college in grade school. during his grade school days he helped uic jetsetters to win it's first ever milo sbp championship crown against the most talented ateneo de davao in november 1992 championship matchup. he also many achievements in his high school era.. in 1995-96 he also helped ateneo de davao blue knights win a championship in milo passerelle against defending champion holy child academy.. then got 3rd place in national finals held in cagayan de oro city. during that time san beda has it's future star in the molds of magnum membrere. james yap also played in tay tung high school that took the 2nd place behind power house san beda squad.. jay gudes also captured the championship crown in the 1st adidas streetball challenge held in rizal park davao city along with his team members kitsi avila,paulo abarquez and pong soliban. they represent the davao city but lost to quezon city by only a point against the ateneo de manila team bannered by rp youth standout bj manalo

Comment

From the Fairview-Novaliches area, here are a few names:

Froilan Baguion - Bagumbong, Kalookan
                        Don Camaso - Bagong Silang
                        Dexter Racho - Fairview

I think Ronald Magtulis is from the area too; my uncle recalls playing with the De Ocampo brothers in the 90's. Former UAAP Juniors MVP Ken Barracoso is from East Fairview.
                        Keep running, big boy.

Comment

jay gudes also a memeber of the mythical five in the jesuit athletic meet(J.A.M) 1996. here are the members of the mythical five that time:

C Andrew Neri Ateneo de cagayan
                          PF Yao Xavier School
                          SF Miko Valles Ateneo de cagayan
                          SG Benedict John Manalo Ateneo de manila
                          PG Jay Ryan Gudes Ateneo de davao

Comment

did you ever know the name jay gudes?? he was once a superstar in his old days in ateneo de davao university high school and in university of the immaculate concepcion college in grade school. during his grade school days he helped uic jetsetters to win it's first ever milo sbp championship crown against the most talented ateneo de davao in november 1992 championship matchup. he also many achievements in his high school era.. in 1995-96 he also helped ateneo de davao blue knights win a championship in milo passerelle against defending champion holy child academy.. then got 3rd place in national finals held in cagayan de oro city. during that time san beda has it's future star in the molds of magnum membrere. james yap also played in tay tung high school that took the 2nd place behind power house san beda squad.. jay gudes also captured the championship crown in the 1st adidas streetball challenge held in rizal park davao city along with his team members kitsi avila,paulo abarquez and pong soliban. they represent the davao city but lost to quezon city by only a point against the ateneo de manila team bannered by rp youth standout bj manalo

Comment

Originally posted by malanie_jones22 View Post
                              jay gudes also a memeber of the mythical five in the jesuit athletic meet(J.A.M) 1996. here are the members of the mythical five that time:

C Andrew Neri Ateneo de cagayan
                              PF Yao Xavier School
                              SF Miko Valles Ateneo de cagayan
                              SG Benedict John Manalo Ateneo de manila
                              PG Jay Ryan Gudes Ateneo de davao
                              was this the JAM that was hosted by SHS of Cebu? Very promising was Eric Yao of Xavier, he torched the goal with he his uncanny ability to score and shoot. Also notable in this edition of JAM was Ryan Pamintuan and Sonny Tadeo who later starred for the Blue Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by malanie_jones22 View Post
                                no i dont know him
                                you know why I am happy

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information