Euroleague Regular Season: Week 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unnamed View Post
    Galatasaray is on level of some team from Serbian league. Such a laughable organization should be exchanged for a better one, because its hard to get why there isn't stronger team ocuppying their place. Its top European competition after all.
    How can you say this? Galatasaray has 7 victory same as Kazan, Milano. Only 1 victory less than Maccabi.
    For the your interpretation to be logical, Galatasaray should have won less than 4 matches.
    This is not the case now.
    long_term options
    *I like the possibility of EFES to reach f4
    *I hate Pao
    *don't want Greek loby in IBN
    *crazygreen is sympathetic interbasket citizen altough he is from greek loby.accepted Greek loby members:crazygreen,Fedfan,Mysh ArkadiosV2
    *turkish friends:wyopeq,ataman5, Levenspiel
    * protest İslamic goverment in Turkey because they force Efes PİLSEN to change its name, I drink more Efes beer after that against goverment.
    short term options
    *After Barac, Omic is silly player too .

Comment

• Originally posted by ozziem View Post
      How can you say this? Galatasaray has 7 victory same as Kazan, Milano. Only 1 victory less than Maccabi.
      For the your interpretation to be logical, Galatasaray should have won less than 4 matches.
      This is not the case now.
      And they played great against Barca, Fener, Maccabi...

Comment

• It was a big comeback for Fenerbahce, that's for sure, but overall the fact that they did not even manage to fight for the +9 points difference against an Olympiakos team without Spanoulis and Young, is not something to be happy about. Don't get me wrong, Fener is a very good team and Obra is the best coach in Europe, no question, but you even Turkish friends on this thread have to admit that Olympiakos is, until now, a clearly better team overall. I mean, in Greece we won easily, without Printezis. Imagine if we had Spanoulis in the last quarter yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katsivelis View Post
          It was a big comeback for Fenerbahce, that's for sure, but overall the fact that they did not even manage to fight for the +9 points difference against an Olympiakos team without Spanoulis and Young, is not something to be happy about. Don't get me wrong, Fener is a very good team and Obra is the best coach in Europe, no question, but you even Turkish friends on this thread have to admit that Olympiakos is, until now, a clearly better team overall. I mean, in Greece we won easily, without Printezis. Imagine if we had Spanoulis in the last quarter yesterday.
          Fener really doesn't look good at the moment. But saying that, if they qualify for F4, they will still be a favorite in Istanbul.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Beno View Post
            Fener really doesn't look good at the moment. But saying that, if they qualify for F4, they will still be a favorite in Istanbul.
            Yes totally agree, only Real Madrid could beat Fener.
            long_term options
            *I hate Pao
            *crazygreen is sympathetic interbasket citizen altough he is from greek loby.accepted Greek loby members:crazygreen,Fedfan,Mysh ArkadiosV2
            * protest İslamic goverment in Turkey because they force Efes PİLSEN to change its name, I drink more Efes beer after that against goverment.
            short term options

Comment

• BTW I really liked Ege Arar from Galatasaray last night. He is quite promising PF and nice talent, just misses some selfestim, he should get more chances to play, especially now when Galata lost all their chances, he might be a future of Turkish basketball
              Crvena Zvezda 2020/2021

PG: Hall, Colom, Uskokovic
              SG/PG: Walden
              SG: Loyd
              SF/SG: Lazic, Dobric, Radanov
              SF/PF: Davidovac, Simonovic
              PF: O'Bryant, Simanic
              PF/C: Reath, Jagodic-Kuridza
              C: Kuzmic, Nnoko

Comment

• Originally posted by unnamed View Post
                Galatasaray is on level of some team from Serbian league. Such a laughable organization should be exchanged for a better one, because its hard to get why there isn't stronger team ocuppying their place. Its top European competition after all.
                They are terrible, true, but they did not have to convince anyone to get an EL ticket, they earned it by winning the EuroCup.

Originally posted by Gudura View Post
                BTW I really liked Ege Arar from Galatasaray last night. He is quite promising PF and nice talent, just misses some selfestim, he should get more chances to play, especially now when Galata lost all their chances, he might be a future of Turkish basketball
                Yes. He could easily find minutes in this GS team only with his effort, but he's so far just another member of the very crowded wasted-Turkish-talents club. hopefully he can get away one day.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Seems like both teams partially got what they have wanted. In the mean time, imo, it's not that accurate to say, we didn't have x any y players, we would surely win if we had them. Maybe or Maybe not since every game has it's own story in the sports, Sometimes absences push some other players to overperform just like Fener performing at his best without Vesely last year against Madrid (Vesely was playing far more greater last year)

In overall, Olympiakos is in a better shape compared to Fener for the time being. But things may change drastically near the end of the season for each team.

if we can reach the F4, Fener will be more advantageous adding the home crowd support and the traditional referee boost for the f4 host.

Comment

It has been quite clear that there are no favourites in such games.
                    1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• who is refree of Efes- Baskonia match today?
                      Not hard to predict, Turkish enemy LAMONICA, LUIGI.
                      All Efes matches in Istanbul, same refree, I am tired of seeing this f.cking man in all Efes matches.
                      long_term options
                      *I hate Pao
                      short term options

Comment

• There are two referees i really hate, Lamonica and Juan Arteaga, and it's very true that whenever a critical game will take place in Turkey, You can count that Lamonica will be the referee. I don't think that those two referees have a grudge against the Turkish teams, However i think they are usually assigned with the task of facilitating the best possible outcome for the Euroleague Organisation.

Btw, +30 Turkish Fans, Does anyone remember the French referee Pascal D'Horizon? I would claim Lamonica as a saint next to that guy...

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
                          It has been quite clear that there are no favourites in such games.
                          Home court advantage is always advantage. If F4 was in Moscow, I would say minimum advantage. But just look to yesterdays game and crowd factor or look to Fener record at home in last years. I really wouldn't like to play final against them in Istanbul. And you can bet that in close game referees will have big problems to stay totally neutral.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Drexler View Post
                            There are two referees i really hate, Lamonica and Juan Arteaga, and it's very true that whenever a critical game will take place in Turkey, You can count that Lamonica will be the referee. I don't think that those two referees have a grudge against the Turkish teams, However i think they are usually assigned with the task of facilitating the best possible outcome for the Euroleague Organisation.

Btw, +30 Turkish Fans, Does anyone remember the French referee Pascal D'Horizon? I would claim Lamonica as a saint next to that guy...
                            Lamonica is theatrical and wants to be in first place, but imho he's one of the best referees. He won't bend under pressure.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

Home court advantage is always advantage. If F4 was in Moscow, I would say minimum advantage. But just look to yesterdays game and crowd factor or look to Fener record at home in last years. I really wouldn't like to play final against them in Istanbul. And you can bet that in close game referees will have big problems to stay totally neutral.
                              Real, Panathinaikos, Maccabi and Barcelona has won at home and only Cska and Kinder Bologna has lost at home in Euroleague(after year 2.000).

66,6% for home team win. and if we take Cska out, because they don't have fans, it's 80%.
                              Last edited by Killer Bob; 02-24-2017, 11:28 AM.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Real, Panathinaikos, Maccabi and Barcelona has won at home and only Cska and Kinder Bologna has lost at home in Euroleague(after year 2.000).

66,6% for home team win. and if we take Cska out, because they don't have fans, it's 80%.
                                Still no team has advanced to f4 and judging by the current form I don't get it why Fener will surely be there. Either Baskonia with Shengelia or Pao with Gist for example will both be tough challenges.
                                1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information