Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Luka Doncic

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    It's not just about money. World has changed. Normal working people in EU are easily changing their schools, jobs, countries, going to other EU members or even USA. Because they want to succeed. Why will young sportsman think different? He will go as soon as possible. Will he succeed? Nobody can predict that.
    Just saying that the difference in money he could make in EL v NBA in the long term is very large. I don't know what will factor into his decisions.

  2. #62
    Senior Member Cuneyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,081
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Doncic is a great player with a bright outlook.
    However, he is already very cocky.
    And if he puts up stunts like that between-the-legs shit he did, he would end up with broken ribs soon.
    It was great to watch for me as a spectator, but it ridicules the other players in the game, and somebody would make him pay in the long run.
    Lets hope he tones down and this does not happen.

  3. #63
    Senior Member Beno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    1,754
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Doncic is a great player with a bright outlook.
    However, he is already very cocky.
    And if he puts up stunts like that between-the-legs shit he did, he would end up with broken ribs soon.
    It was great to watch for me as a spectator, but it ridicules the other players in the game, and somebody would make him pay in the long run.
    Lets hope he tones down and this does not happen.
    Baskonia fans and some Baskonia players don't agree with you.

    https://youtu.be/waLnJeZupzQ

  4. #64
    Senior Member Mr Chacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    My home
    Posts
    1,473
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz View Post
    I think Rubio was helped by the fact he was quite a flashy player and for a few seasons had Rudy to throw alley-oops too.
    (Also, having won the Euroleague, Eurocup and EuroChallenge by the age of 19 is pretty incredible...)

    Anyway, without sounding too cynical and mercenary, doesn't the financial disparity between EL and NBA make Doncic leaving sooner rather than later inevitable?
    Well, Doncic has Rudy to throw ally-oops, too. But this Rudy can't jump like in his Joventut's times.

    About what Cuneyt said, I am not agree. He is imaginative, and this type of things are loved by the fans (like in Beno's video). He has time to play serious, and Lolaso is guiding his devolpment well.

    Lolaso can't be a great coach, but he was a great PG.
    ¡¡¡ Wonder boy !!!

  5. #65
    Senior Member Johnny7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    820
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Beno relax my friend. Surely Slovenia must have something else to be proud off (Melania?). You are everywhere in this topic. Like CIA checking everybody who says something about Doncic.

    Relax

  6. #66
    Senior Member vivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    773
    Country: Europe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Doncic is a great player with a bright outlook.
    However, he is already very cocky.
    And if he puts up stunts like that between-the-legs shit he did, he would end up with broken ribs soon.
    It was great to watch for me as a spectator, but it ridicules the other players in the game, and somebody would make him pay in the long run.
    Lets hope he tones down and this does not happen.
    I disagree. I would rather a talented player to be self-confident than a meek one. I haven't seen Doncic disrespecting someone, I believe he is not cocky etc, he is confident and having fun. For example Steve Nash was epitome of respectfulness, but he had a collection of fancy moves. Those moves make basketball beautiful, just as dunks etc. do.

  7. #67
    Senior Member Beno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    1,754
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny7 View Post
    Beno relax my friend. Surely Slovenia must have something else to be proud off (Melania?). You are everywhere in this topic. Like CIA checking everybody who says something about Doncic.

    Relax
    johnny7 my friend, I have some nice stats for you. enjoy.

    http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...gg=Accumulated

    http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...st&agg=PerGame

    http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...nt&agg=PerGame

    http://www.euroleague.net/main/stati...&agg=PerMinute

    Edit: in last 2 stats you will find Spanoulis in page 2.
    Last edited by Beno; 02-06-2017 at 07:59 PM.

  8. #68
    Senior Member kzav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    745
    Country: Greece

    Default

    Someone is clearly starstruck with Luka Doncic!

    Maybe we can arrange for an autograph or sth.
    "Fans never fall asleep at our games, because they're afraid they might get hit by a pass." —George Raveling

    "If I weren’t earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming."—Charles Barkley

  9. #69
    Senior Member Beno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    1,754
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kzav View Post
    Someone is clearly starstruck with Luka Doncic!

    Maybe we can arrange for an autograph or sth.
    I know him.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    41
    Country: Spain

    Default

    I'm from Madrid. I'm a big fan of Real Madrid. I've got the Luka Dončić shirt.

    I'm an atheist. But I see him playing and I thank God and Slovenia for giving him to the world.

  11. #71
    Senior Member Cuneyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,081
    Country: Turkey

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beno View Post
    Baskonia fans and some Baskonia players don't agree with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chacho View Post
    About what Cuneyt said, I am not agree. He is imaginative, and this type of things are loved by the fans (like in Beno's video). He has time to play serious, and Lolaso is guiding his devolpment well.
    Quote Originally Posted by vivo View Post
    I disagree. I would rather a talented player to be self-confident than a meek one. I haven't seen Doncic disrespecting someone, I believe he is not cocky etc, he is confident and having fun. For example Steve Nash was epitome of respectfulness, but he had a collection of fancy moves. Those moves make basketball beautiful, just as dunks etc. do.
    What I wrote is my opinion, and not my wish. And since many people disagree, maybe I am misreading things.
    Let's wait and see how he develops.

  12. #72
    Senior Member pohani komarac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    5,244
    Country: Croatia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cuneyt View Post
    Doncic is a great player with a bright outlook.
    However, he is already very cocky.
    And if he puts up stunts like that between-the-legs shit he did, he would end up with broken ribs soon.
    It was great to watch for me as a spectator, but it ridicules the other players in the game, and somebody would make him pay in the long run.
    Lets hope he tones down and this does not happen.
    for the shake of basketball I hope he does

    this is reason to pay ticket or turn on tv
    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

  13. #73
    Senior Member Beno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    1,754
    Country: Slovenia

    Default

    It looks that hype is well under way in America too.

    https://deanondraft.com/2017/02/03/i...prospect-ever/

  14. #74
    Senior Member Beno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    1,754
    Country: Slovenia

    Default


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •