Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: EuroBasket prediction 2017

Goran Dragič will play, presumably the last eurobasket from him. Zoran likely won't heal his ankle untill than.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Quote Originally Posted by phamnguyenvusg View Post
    SPAIN. No.1 to win. No other NT has the depth and champs vibe like Spain.
    Serbia has, with full roster.

But Jokic and Bjelica are doubtful, we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Obina View Post
    Serbia has, with full roster.

But Jokic and Bjelica are doubtful, we will see.
    Serbia hasn't won the title since 2001. That's the difference. Not saying that Serbia can't win it, but Spain is simply more convincing option at the moment, IMO.

Latvia would be one interesting team with Porzingis. I would put Porzingis at 5, Davis Bertans at 4 + Janis Timma, Dairis Bertans, Strelnieks and you have one of the best offensive starting 5 in EB. This team could really run and gun. All 5 can shoot threes like crazy. Obviously that wouldn't guarantee them success, but some serious dark hource for sure.

The flick from the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Straight forward View Post
    Serbia hasn't won the title since 2001. That's the difference. Not saying that Serbia can't win it, but Spain is simply more convincing option at the moment, IMO.

Yeah but one can argue that with their back to back 2nd place finishes in the last two world events that they are the defacto European champs right now. They are on a pretty good run the last couple of years. But I agree Spain has to be the favorite as the defending champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Italian Pride View Post
    Porzingis will play eurobasket!

news about Goran Dragic and Giannis?
    Koufos, Perperoglou and Papagiannis are the players who have expressed doubts about joining the team, each one for a different reason. Giannis and everyone else are likely to play.

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Koufos, Perperoglou and Papagiannis are the players who have expressed doubts about joining the team, each one for a different reason. Giannis and everyone else are likely to play.
    Thanks man

In an interviev for italian's newspaper "Gazzetta dello Sport" Belinelli announced his presence for the next Eurobasket

Spain is not the safe bet either, they are declining, I think there 3,4 teams who could win it, also don't forget Turkey they will have all Fiba logistic behind them, when championships are held in Turkey they always play in the finals .
    UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

How good is this Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot kid already? Finished NBA season strong, 17,4ppg in last 5 games. Parker is out and likely Fournier as well, but France still have Huertel, De Colo, Antoine Diot, Rodrigue Beaubois, Fabien Causeur, Leo Westermann. Pretty solid options, most NT would only dream to have that. France will have a solid team despite possible absences.

Don't worry about Turkey.
    We have one of the worst roster on last 20 years.
    I don't believe in coach Ufuk Sarica. I hope we will be able to bring up a good team...
    I wish we do what we did on 1999 Euro. We got our young core with our experienced players and targeted for 2001.
    Go Efes Pilsen - Go Turkey

Attention o Germany:they have two players that are playing important minutes in Nba's playoff,plus other players like Voigtmann(i think is a border star level in euroleague),Pleiss,Lo,Staiger,Theis,Heckmann,Benzi ng and Zirbes that are very solid players on euroleague or eurocup level!

they have three stars(Schroeder,Zipser and Voigtmann) then a lot of very good role players,i think they can win their group and can get a place for QF

Attention o Germany:they have two players that are playing important minutes in Nba's playoff,plus other players like Voigtmann(i think is a border star level in euroleague),Pleiss,Lo,Staiger,Theis,Heckmann,Benzi ng and Zirbes that are very solid players on euroleague or eurocup level!

they have three stars(Schroeder,Zipser and Voigtmann) then a lot of very good role players,i think they can win their group and can get a place for QF
    In which universe

Truth is they do have some solid players there and maybe could upset Italy or Lithuania in the group stage. Realistically Greece will lose to France so we'll finish second and most likely face Germany which will be tough. Winning the group over France is really important, not sure if are capable to do it, they'll have a very good squad despite some potential absences. It's still early but I feel we have what it takes, if we field the best possible squad in order to beat them and finish in the first place in the group stage (I'm obviously exaggarating). Btw Papagiannis confirmed that he will be available in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    In which universe
    Voigtmann is one of the best man in this euroleague,Zipser is playing great playoff!

I think they can become star in th next eurobasket

Quote Originally Posted by R1ou View Post
    Truth is they do have some solid players there and maybe could upset Italy or Lithuania in the group stage. Realistically Greece will lose to France so we'll finish second and most likely face Germany which will be tough. Winning the group over France is really important, not sure if are capable to do it, they'll have a very good squad despite some potential absences. It's still early but I feel we have what it takes, if we field the best possible squad in order to beat them and finish in the first place in the group stage (I'm obviously exaggarating). Btw Papagiannis confirmed that he will be available in summer.
    Slovenia?Dragic Bros,Doncic,Omic,Nachbar could be a great core! they will fight for the first spot IMO

Voigtmann is one of the best man in this euroleague,Zipser is playing great playoff!

Slovenia?Dragic Bros,Doncic,Omic,Nachbar could be a great core! they will fight for the first spot IMO
    Zoran Dragic won't play and I don't think they're a real threat right now.

I wouldn't call 16 point in one play off game great , his overall season in NBA was awful, I think he's way overrated as a player, he wont be in the league for long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Srle View Post
    I wouldn't call 16 point in one play off game great , his overall season in NBA was awful, I think he's way overrated as a player, he wont be in the league for long time.
    Awful, yeah...It was his rookie season and for a Second Rounder his season was pretty solid. He doesn´t have the potential to be an All Star or to get any awards, though he has the quality to be a solid "Three-and-D" player in some teams in the NBA. So, how many games have you watched of the Bulls this season? Or are you still a stats reader?

On the paper Germany will probably have the most talented team since ages, but we miss some experience and maturity. At the end all depends on Dennis Schröder...

You have 3 good players. 3 good players cannot reach the level of Nowitzki. So no, I don`t think it`ll be better than before.

For Turkish team. Don`t underestimate us when we`re playing at home. Turkey also likes to be underdog and this year we will be definetely if Asik and Erden are out. I just hope they don`t giv Kanter treatment to Yurtseven and we will have a roster of youngsters + Güler - İlyasova and Dixon. I wouldn`t mind a team led by Osman and Korkmaz Those two are the future of Turkish basketball so let them have the reins and grow. Talent and experience wise we will have a lesser team than last year which was already low but I think we will over achieve

Fournier IN. France will be good. I think he's one of the best SGs in Europe now and will have more freedom with Parker out.

One very popular Serbian youtube vlogger (Tech&Sport, Stefan Pavicevic) expressed genuine skepticism about Serbian roster. Jokic possibly out (NBA), Teodosic, Bogdanovic under question mark due to possible 'recommendation' from NBA clubs not to play as both (at least Bogdanovic for sure) are crossing the ocean. Jovic and Bjelica also unknown due to injuries. Serbia can withstand absence of one-two players (even Jokic), but not too many - if we're going to be a legit gold medal contender.

I tried to listen to his vloggs about basketball

Although entertaining, they are extremely biased and very rarely objective. Also some things he said are plain ridiculous

All that aside, I don't think that the absences will be that harsh. Bear in mind that Djordjevic when he comes calling and you decline that might end your NT career. He is that kind of coach, and I think to many of them NT is an extremely important item on the calendar. So, I think that Teo and Bogdan will play if healthy for sure. Jokic as well. Bjelica and Jovic are a ? for me as well.

Bear in mind that there is no clause in the contract (it is illegal) that can forbid a player to play in the international competition for their country. Sure the team can pressure a player, but it is 100% down to a player to decide. Also bear in mind that we can provide them insurance if necessary (which it is not, all of them are under contract or will get a NBA team before the Eurobasket).
    Gangbanga from Palanga!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast